Respect In Gaming

HomeRegisterLog in

Any good sci-fi games?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Coldhart

Coldhart

Any good sci-fi games? Empty
PostSubject: Any good sci-fi games?   Any good sci-fi games? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 4:15 pm

Just want to pick your brains cuz I'm tired of searching...

Been looking for a good sci-fi mmo. Looking for rpg base with questing and leveling. No more SWG (note, I said good sci-fi game) lol. I looked at Anarchy online (eh graphics suck). I played Global Agenda (awesome game but needs a ton more quests...wich the devs say are coming). Was looking into Huxley (don't know when this will be released. The company's been waring between both divisions and the game keeps getting transfered from one side to the other and pushed back). Was also looking at Earth Rise (supposed to have a 2010 release. Haven't heard anything else).

Basically I want something good with rpg background (questing and progression) not just PvP FPS. I do like the whole sci-fi FPS RPG feel tho. Global Agenda delivered this...they just need more quests like I said.

So, anyone know of anything?
Back to top Go down
http://www.craziesoftor.guildportal.com
Velaxi
Just Married
Velaxi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Velaxi
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Platinum

PostSubject: Re: Any good sci-fi games?   Any good sci-fi games? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 4:33 pm

Wish I could help you... if you find something, let me know.
The last game that was cool this way was NeoCron (now NeoCron2), but that's 10 years old. DERP.
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Any good sci-fi games?   Any good sci-fi games? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 6:43 pm

AO is supposed to get a "Conan" upgrade, ie Funcom is supposed to upgrade the graphic engine to match what they have in Age of Conan.

Otherwise scifi is really rare, unless you like spaceship in EvE.

Coldhart

PostSubject: Re: Any good sci-fi games?   Any good sci-fi games? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 12:41 am

azarhal wrote:
AO is supposed to get a "Conan" upgrade, ie Funcom is supposed to upgrade the graphic engine to match what they have in Age of Conan.

Otherwise scifi is really rare, unless you like spaceship in EvE.

I can't stand space games where that's all you do is play in space. I like seeing my toon...running and fighting on land. I played Eve for like 3 hours and unistalled it.

That's cool about AO getting the graphics update tho. Any word on when?
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Any good sci-fi games?   Any good sci-fi games? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 1:14 am

Coldhart wrote:
That's cool about AO getting the graphics update tho. Any word on when?

I heard about it a long time ago. From what I could find the recent information says Q1 2011...but it seems that nobody really knows what's going on about it and that finally it will be really limited as an update.

So it might be a better idea to wait for SWTOR.

TheJW

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Undecided
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Sons of Ziost

PostSubject: Re: Any good sci-fi games?   Any good sci-fi games? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 9:49 pm

You could try Face of Mankind. I haven't played it since beta testing many years ago but it had a lot of promise then. I obviously don't know how the community is but even during beta the depth of game-play was quite impressive.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sonsofziost.com
HDubNZ

HDubNZ

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kaya Jun
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Any good sci-fi games?   Any good sci-fi games? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 3:47 am

I played the Demo of Star Trek online. Enjoyed the ship based combat and you do ground instances.

Not enough to hold me however but there is a free demo.
Back to top Go down
Coldhart

Coldhart

PostSubject: Re: Any good sci-fi games?   Any good sci-fi games? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 4:41 am

Actually played STO. Bought it for $10 bucks and didn't even play the whole month. I wanted to pull my hair out in space combat...sooooo...damn...slow...

lol other than that it wasn't too bad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any good sci-fi games?   Any good sci-fi games? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any good sci-fi games?
Page 1 of 1