The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello, and Help please!

Go down 
+6
Schwendo
Redriot
Ty-Odi
Velaxi
azarhal
Abslom-dak
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Abslom-dak

Abslom-dak

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Cairo Jones
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Knights of the Red Tower

Hello, and Help please! Empty
PostSubject: Hello, and Help please!   Hello, and Help please! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 12:59 pm

I just wanted to say Hi to everyone at RIG. I just read the profile on TOR and am very impressed by the intentions of the founding members. You all sound like exactly the kind of Gamers I wish to explore this MMO with. Respect, and helping new gamers seems sadly missing in many on-line games I have played ( on the x-box 360 ).

I have a question though about the set up of RIG and gaming together in TOR.

I am new to MMO's and have never played one before so please excuse my ignorance, but how will this community be able to game together? How do I join the server where I can game with the members of RIG? Is there something I have to do to arrange this?

Also, I have just tried to create a character in the profile page, but feel I am missing the info' about a guild and server, any advise on completing these boxes would be welcome, and how do I download a picture of the character I wish to play?

Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Hello, and Help please!   Hello, and Help please! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 4:14 pm

Hello Abslom-dak and welcome.

Quote :
I am new to MMO's and have never played one before so please excuse my ignorance, but how will this community be able to game together?

Little MMO description: It's like a single player game RPG or FPS (although MMO are usually RPG), the only difference is that the game is multiplayer...massively multiplayer. Which mean that you can have 100+ players all in the same area doing their things. Because MMO have a lots of players, it usually mean that they need a lots of servers (shards/realms/what ever people came up with). Right now there is no servers for TOR.

Once TOR is released, the we (community) will decided where we want to play (on which server) and post this information on the forum. There is already thread were people express their interest on which type of servers they want to play. Also, maybe Ty-Odi and Selv will send pms/email to the board members to inform of the server(s) picks. Once that is done, people will be able to say whom they character are on the game server and start grouping together or just interacting.

Also, the RIG community will try to organize in-game events once the game is released, but all information about these will be posted in the RIG forum for the community members to have all the required information to participate.

You can also check the guild sub-forum to find a smaller, like-minded group of players to play with. Guilds are groups of players that joined up together to play the game.

Quote :
How do I join the server where I can game with the members of RIG? Is there something I have to do to arrange this?

Right now, there is no TOR servers, so the RIG community is mostly in this forum. There is a few people playing on Landroval in LoTRO a free-2-play MMO. Although, I haven't logging in a while myself...Check the gaming night thread for more info.

Quote :
Also, I have just tried to create a character in the profile page, but feel I am missing the info' about a guild and server, any advise on completing these boxes would be welcome, and how do I download a picture of the character I wish to play?

You don't need to fill every fields yet. Once the game get released you will have a server name, probably a character screenshot (cropped to get the face I guess, no idea what limitation Selv put on the character image) and maybe a guild.

I hope this was helpful. Smile
Back to top Go down
Velaxi
Just Married
Velaxi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Velaxi
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Platinum

PostSubject: Re: Hello, and Help please!   Hello, and Help please! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 4:51 pm

I was gonna answer this, but I was getting 500 errors (error 12 on the server?)

Anyway, welcome to the RiG!
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Ty-Odi
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: To Be Confirmed.....

PostSubject: Re: Hello, and Help please!   Hello, and Help please! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 4:53 pm

Welcome to the boards Smile

And I think Az has covered off the other other stuff? hehe Smile
Back to top Go down
https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk
Redriot

Redriot

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Draven
Class: Sith Warrior
Guild: Reign

PostSubject: Re: Hello, and Help please!   Hello, and Help please! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 5:20 pm

Welcome to the forums mate, and make yourself at home! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: Hello, and Help please!   Hello, and Help please! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 6:42 pm

Welcome to the RiG!!

As Az' said, you can take you time in here. People are VERY helpful, plus coming in here to learn about MMORPG's is about the best thing you can do. Most people here have played multiple MMO's, they can get ya "started". I think you will really enjoy the "community' of an MMO. It just has a ton more depth, potential than a normal 1player/FPS type of game.

Talk to ya in forum soon! If theres anything at all you need, fee free to PM me anytime. Wink
Back to top Go down
Abslom-dak

Abslom-dak

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Cairo Jones
Guild: Knights of the Red Tower

PostSubject: Re: Hello, and Help please!   Hello, and Help please! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 8:27 pm

Thank you all for the kind words and the offer of help. That was exactly the information I was looking for. I was worried I had missed something glaringly obvious. It's good to know that these things have yet to be decided.

As I said, I haven't played any MMO's, but I did play KOTOR on the x-box which is why I am looking forward to TOR. KOTOR still remains one of my favorite games to date. Especially the first game. Which has one of the best story lines I've ever played, read, or seen in any medium. An awesome game. I just hope TOR matches up to this.
Back to top Go down
SVTCarnage

SVTCarnage

PostSubject: Re: Hello, and Help please!   Hello, and Help please! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 3:40 am

Abslom-dak wrote:
Thank you all for the kind words and the offer of help. That was exactly the information I was looking for. I was worried I had missed something glaringly obvious. It's good to know that these things have yet to be decided.

As I said, I haven't played any MMO's, but I did play KOTOR on the x-box which is why I am looking forward to TOR. KOTOR still remains one of my favorite games to date. Especially the first game. Which has one of the best story lines I've ever played, read, or seen in any medium. An awesome game. I just hope TOR matches up to this.

I agree and im new here as well but welcome!
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Hello, and Help please!   Hello, and Help please! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 4:23 am

Abslom-dak wrote:

I really think that SWTOR will be like KOTAR 3,4,5,6, & 7! We're "chomping at the bit" to get going in this game! /hi5

*paces around room...wearing a "path" in the carpet*
Back to top Go down
Aldemarran

Aldemarran

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Agent Redacted
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Redacted

PostSubject: Re: Hello, and Help please!   Hello, and Help please! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 4:38 am

Schwendo wrote:

That Schwendo guy really knows how to cut a rug...
Back to top Go down
SandsS

SandsS

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild: Odium

PostSubject: Re: Hello, and Help please!   Hello, and Help please! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 4:42 am

Welcome! And yeah, TOR's expected release date is Spring 2011. We're all anxiously awaiting the opportunity to both play the game, and play together.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Hello, and Help please!   Hello, and Help please! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 7:07 am

Aldemarran wrote:
Schwendo wrote:

That Schwendo guy really knows how to cut a rug...

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Hello, and Help please!   Hello, and Help please! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 5:19 pm

Wey, Welcome Abslom!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello, and Help please!   Hello, and Help please! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello, and Help please!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The R.I.G. :: Hello & Welcome :) :: Members Area - A Chance to say hi, and introduce yourselves-
Jump to:  
This site is in not endorsed by or affiliated with LucasArts, BioWare, or Electronic Arts.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. LucasArts, the LucasArts logo, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks in the United States and/or in other countries of Lucasfilm Ltd.
and/or its affiliates. © 2008-2010 Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. or Lucasfilm Ltd. All Rights Reserved. BioWare and the BioWare logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd.
You may not copy any images, videos or sound clips found on this site or „deep link‟ to any image, video or sound clip directly.Game content and materials copyright LICENSOR. All Rights Reserved.
Create a forum on Forumotion | Video games | Roleplay Games (MMORPG, WOW...) | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com