The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So, what type of server will you roll on?

Go down 
+9
blur
Godric_Barbarosa
Mongo
SVTCarnage
Kai-Sun
Xavier
Grome
azarhal
MorgonKara
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

What type of server will you play on in SWTOR?
PvP
So, what type of server will you roll on? I_vote_lcap13%So, what type of server will you roll on? I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
PvE
So, what type of server will you roll on? I_vote_lcap25%So, what type of server will you roll on? I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 6 ]
RP-PvP
So, what type of server will you roll on? I_vote_lcap38%So, what type of server will you roll on? I_vote_rcap
 38% [ 9 ]
RP-PvE
So, what type of server will you roll on? I_vote_lcap24%So, what type of server will you roll on? I_vote_rcap
 24% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 24

AuthorMessage
MorgonKara
Shot First
MorgonKara

So, what type of server will you roll on? Empty
PostSubject: So, what type of server will you roll on?   So, what type of server will you roll on? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 7:13 pm

Separate server-types confirmed today.

Quote :
Will there be different server types, as in PvE servers and PvP servers? (asked by Fruskov)
There will be several different types of server, including PvP servers and PvE servers.

clicky

This is good news. What type of server will you roll on?
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: So, what type of server will you roll on?   So, what type of server will you roll on? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 8:21 pm

Isn't this something like the 3rd thread on the subject????

RP-PVP for me, although I can make my own RP on any server and PVP is not the only thing I want to do...
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: So, what type of server will you roll on?   So, what type of server will you roll on? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 8:25 pm

We still don't know for sure how exactly they will split them (will there be RP/non-RP?). :/
Back to top Go down
Xavier

Xavier

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Xavier Dragen
Guild: Zero³

PostSubject: Re: So, what type of server will you roll on?   So, what type of server will you roll on? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 8:54 pm

RP-PvP if available. RP-PvE if not. PvP if no RP servers.
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: So, what type of server will you roll on?   So, what type of server will you roll on? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 9:11 pm

I'm probably landing on a PVE server, just have too many guildies that aren't interested in what a PVP server offers to consciously land on one. I'll have to wait until they announce their plans for RP servers if it'll be a tag or not, but expect Serenity to be on a PVE or RP/PVE server.

Some of us have jobs and a lot of family time, so we have to be able to go do the things the group wants to do, PVP would infringe on that a bit too much. Not that we wouldn't PVP, but would want it to be on our choosing, not forced on us.
Back to top Go down
SVTCarnage

SVTCarnage

PostSubject: Re: So, what type of server will you roll on?   So, what type of server will you roll on? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 3:33 am

RP PvP for me if they will have one, I am sure they will as it was stated there will be several different types of servers. I really hope the majority of everyone here chooses to play on a PvP server So, what type of server will you roll on? 756107
Back to top Go down
Mongo

Mongo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Mongo
Class: Sith Warrior
Guild: Crazies

PostSubject: Re: So, what type of server will you roll on?   So, what type of server will you roll on? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 5:22 am

I'll be rolling pve, for several reasons. After playing WoW for years and seeing how many of those people are going to try out ToR I have no interest in dealing with the wow pvp crowd, rather lobotomize myself with a spork to be honest. Never been much of a RPer, it doesnt hold my interest.
Back to top Go down
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Looking for

PostSubject: Re: So, what type of server will you roll on?   So, what type of server will you roll on? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 12:44 pm

I will go where the majority of the (US) crowd here goes. I prefer RP-PvP but the wife would rather RP-PvE.
Back to top Go down
blur

blur

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Bounty Hunter
Guild: Beskar

PostSubject: Re: So, what type of server will you roll on?   So, what type of server will you roll on? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 1:54 am

Now this interests me because I was just talking in another thread about what sort of server RiG might choose and how could people be immediately onboard with that if they don't currently know what it is? And, just looking at these figures... it seems there's no clear winner here... yet presumably you'll all have to agree at some stage in order to create "the RiG server"?
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: So, what type of server will you roll on?   So, what type of server will you roll on? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 1:57 am

yuppers, alot just want to go into a server together. Including myself Smile
Back to top Go down
blur

blur

Ingame Characters
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: So, what type of server will you roll on?   So, what type of server will you roll on? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 2:01 am

But how will you choose that if everyone is fairly evenly divided across several different server types? I guess that's my real question.
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: So, what type of server will you roll on?   So, what type of server will you roll on? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 2:25 am

blur wrote:
But how will you choose that if everyone is fairly evenly divided across several different server types? I guess that's my real question.
While wishes are different for everyone, a lot of us are just willing to sacrifice the favorite server type in order to be able to play with this community. Will it be necessary? Don't know. Do we ask everyone to make that sacrifice? Of course not.

In the end we'll have to see what everyone thinks and what Bioware gives us. We're obviously not decided yet. And it's not yet possible to make a good decision. That doesn't mean it's useless to be gathering already. This is not a "once in, never out" scenario :-)

I did ramble on for a bit about this and how RiG is going to "handle" it in your introduction thread ;-)
Back to top Go down
Aldemarran

Aldemarran

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Agent Redacted
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Redacted

PostSubject: Re: So, what type of server will you roll on?   So, what type of server will you roll on? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 2:28 am

blur wrote:

To be entirely honest we're not building rules for people to live by here. We're facilitating a community. Take that and add in that I expect this community to be fairly large before launch day. I expect we will exist on a couple of servers to accommodate the varied interests of the community. Even if we settle on only one server to start I would expect us to branch out as we (and the number of interests in the community) grow.

While I'm in this thread, let me propose that as we get nearer to launch, we might want to at least propose a "main server, [most popular type]" with several "secondary servers, [if you just have to have a different type".
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: So, what type of server will you roll on?   So, what type of server will you roll on? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 2:35 am

Aldemarran wrote:
While I'm in this thread, let me propose that as we get nearer to launch, we might want to at least propose a "main server, [most popular type]" with several "secondary servers, [if you just have to have a different type".
I do like the approach. It makes sense to me. It is a good point to start things at.

We will have to see how big exactly we are and how the interests are split though when the decision is to be made, to sort out exactly how things should look.
Back to top Go down
blur

blur

Ingame Characters
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: So, what type of server will you roll on?   So, what type of server will you roll on? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 3:06 am

Aldemarran wrote:
To be entirely honest we're not building rules for people to live by here. We're facilitating a community.

I never suggested you were "building rules for people to live by". I don't even entirely understand what you mean by that.

But what I thought you would be interested in is ensuring that as many of you as possible are on the same server together. And if you're a group of 15 guilds, for example, is it not better to put 9 on one server and 6 on another, rather than 6 on one server, 4 on another, 3 on another and 2 on another?

That's why I'm interested in co-ordination conversations. Because ultimately, you will need it.
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: So, what type of server will you roll on?   So, what type of server will you roll on? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 3:19 am

I don't think Ald was suggesting we don't take any actions in this direction - in fact, he just suggested a way of approaching the issue.

Moreover, the fact that we have three threads about this shows how important a discussion point it is.

Unfortunately the very decision cannot be made just now. That's not a problem for me however and it shouldn't be for anyone, I'd say?
Back to top Go down
Aldemarran

Aldemarran

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Agent Redacted
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Redacted

PostSubject: Re: So, what type of server will you roll on?   So, what type of server will you roll on? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 5:09 am

blur wrote:
Aldemarran wrote:
To be entirely honest we're not building rules for people to live by here. We're facilitating a community.

I never suggested you were "building rules for people to live by". I don't even entirely understand what you mean by that.

What I was trying to say was that as a general premise it leads in a certain direction. Because we're specifically trying to put a minimal list (think list of 1 thing, respect) to guide our actions and play styles, it leads us towards a decision to support as many play styles as we reasonably can. What I personally think is that in the long term we will probably want to name one server of each type as a RiG "home". What would hold us back would be the number of participants available to support a larger number of servers.

What I was trying to do was trace the line of reasoning from a general premise to a specific conclusion. My apologies for any confusion caused.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: So, what type of server will you roll on?   So, what type of server will you roll on? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 11:34 am

This vote, for me, does'nt work. I would vote for "RiG based server, regardless of playstyle" Sad...sry...just my opinion...
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Ty-Odi
Guild: To Be Confirmed.....

PostSubject: Re: So, what type of server will you roll on?   So, what type of server will you roll on? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 12:49 pm

I am with Schwen.

I will play on what every server to be honest, I can find what I want in any of them, regardless of server 'Type' you will always find PVP or PVE, or RP on them. I would likely only hang out with you peeps anyways, so I really would not care much about the need for others to support my preference of playstyle i would likely find it all anyhow Smile

Sure having more likeminded people can help, but I also have one other slight concern about choosing a 'Targeted' server type, and thats those same servers also attract the 'Elitist' jerks. You go to any PVP server and people think its ok to grief and camp newbs, often quoting its what they should expect its a PVP server after all....and so on.

RP servers can often lead to the 'RP at all times' nazi's as well, PVE servers breed the 'Cultish' Raiding guilds who find excluding everyone based on gearscore alone to be perfectly acceptable.....

I would honestly prefer a none classified server in all honesty, sure if the majority of you guys wanted a targeted server then i would have no issue coming along for the ride, but I do have a preference and my reasons for it, but honestly, largely it does not bother me where I end up, destination is not important its the journey and the people you share it with that matters Smile
Back to top Go down
https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: So, what type of server will you roll on?   So, what type of server will you roll on? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 1:18 pm

I think the next one of these polls (which I don't think should be done until we actually get server rule sets) should have an option for "will go where the community goes". Yeah that will empower the people who actually vote for specific servers, but I can live with that.

Edit: Either that or have a first, second, third choice and some sort of points system to rank the preferences but that might be a bit too complicated and/or arbitrary.
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: So, what type of server will you roll on?   So, what type of server will you roll on? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 1:36 pm

Ty-Odi wrote:
I would honestly prefer a none classified server in all honesty, sure if the majority of you guys wanted a targeted server then i would have no issue coming along for the ride, but I do have a preference and my reasons for it, but honestly, largely it does not bother me where I end up, destination is not important its the journey and the people you share it with that matters Smile

So you are suggesting that we pick the less popular, totally ignored server they will have and turn it into what ever we want. Basketball

Although, I think that BioWare isn't going to make it easy for us, they will label all of the servers. Kind of going against their "community is important" mantra, because you should let the community "build" the server, not tell them what they should be doing on it.
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: So, what type of server will you roll on?   So, what type of server will you roll on? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 2:39 pm

[quote="azarhal"]So you are suggesting that we pick the less popular, totally ignored server they will have and turn it into what ever we want. Basketball
quote]

Well to some degree yes. It is only a personal preference and like I said before I would go with the masses on server types, but I actually think a blank canvas server (If they are available, man I wish Bioware would announce some info on servers at some point soon.....lol) would work best for all of us?

We have a nice mix of PVE, PVP and RP guilds, with everything else thrown inbetween. I know I am perhaps a little less bothered than some on server choice, so maybe I speak only for myself here, but I have never found a benefit to being on a specified type server, all I have found is a ton of grief and elitism on them?

Only type of server for me, which actually means anything is an 'Open World PVP' type server, they are the only ones which for me have any real distinctive playstyle difference on them? And even then, those tend to be servers I play on occasionally rather than all the time, as they can become quite tedious.

I guess it is because I am an all rounder? I take part in all aspects of an MMO, and many besides which don't have a specific name to them, lol, that servers which claim to only be about this or that, hold little interest or signifigance for me, I have been on PVE servers and enjoyed plenty of PVP and vice versa, and also found RP on any of them I have ever set foot on as well. So other than being a name on a server, they honestly do very little else other than atract the Elitist crowd from those specialties to them.

I would rather let them get on with it, take all the PVP and Raiding and scary over the top RP'ers with them to those types of server lol, and let me hang out with the 'Normals' I suppose. I actually think if you want a chance for something like a respectful and fun/relaxed server to play on, it is for me at the least the obvious choice?

Again, sounds like I am pushing for this, hehehehe, but I am not Smile Honestly if you all opt for an 'Open world PVP' server...../Shudder.....I would still head to it with you all. Smile

Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: So, what type of server will you roll on?   So, what type of server will you roll on? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 2:50 pm

That actually makes some sense Smile

Take the server(-type) that nobody wants to go to and make it what you want it to be.
Back to top Go down
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: So, what type of server will you roll on?   So, what type of server will you roll on? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 3:18 pm

While I don't find the RP any better on RP sever versus non-RP server I do find that the community is a lot more mature. A lot less people running around shouting "CHUCK NORRIS!" and such.
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: So, what type of server will you roll on?   So, what type of server will you roll on? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 3:24 pm

That is fairly true actually Godric Smile

I had noticed that a bit myself Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, what type of server will you roll on?   So, what type of server will you roll on? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So, what type of server will you roll on?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next