Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

Tron: Legacy  ((SPOILERS)) Empty
PostSubject: Tron: Legacy ((SPOILERS))   Tron: Legacy  ((SPOILERS)) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 2:43 am

((SPOILER WARNING))

Ok, now with that out of the way...

Just saw Tron: Legacy tonight, and I thought it was a pretty decent movie. It has things it does extremely well, and one thing it doesn't.

Jeff Bridges does a really great job with himself in this movie, as he plays himself and a 20 year younger version of himself at the same time. When you first see the 3D and the CG used to bring his younger alter ego to life it's really well done, and believable enough to really have a great villain in the movies. There's a drawback here, but I'll go into that when I get to the down points.
The entire cast does well given their roles as well, even if some things were a bit short (Bruce Boxleitner returns, and he's a great actor...but has little screen time.)

The 3D is incredibly well used, it feels like a Tron movie even though I felt that the off the grid sections could maybe have been envisioned a bit better, but that could also be the fact I saw it in IMAX 3D, and it always is darker because of the 3D.

The action as well is rather decent, and fits the movie.

Now for the downsides The story, it had potential but it fails to really deliver on what is there fully, and it has so many interesting things it can do...but it feels like a rehash of the original really. In the end it has no real impact even though the actor's do their best to give amazing performances with what they're given. Tron is in the movie, but is underutilized I feel. That's pretty much what I feel about the story and plot in this movie, starts off strong then waffles to the end without fully being developed and by the end, they just kinda go with an idea and never really explain much. I feel the actors are dragged down by a somewhat easy to predict story that doesn't really do much.

It was a lot of fun to watch at least for me, even with the somewhat transparent and unrealized story.
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Ty-Odi
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: To Be Confirmed.....

PostSubject: Re: Tron: Legacy ((SPOILERS))   Tron: Legacy  ((SPOILERS)) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 4:03 am

Hmm, yeah I thought about seeing this movie, but I was not even a fan of the original, so was unsure?

May give it a go, but may wait for it to come out on DVD? lol, especially after reading your review hehe. Smile

Tron: Legacy  ((SPOILERS)) Tyodisig1copygj8er6
Back to top Go down
https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Tron: Legacy ((SPOILERS))   Tron: Legacy  ((SPOILERS)) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 4:19 am

Ty-Odi wrote:
Hmm, yeah I thought about seeing this movie, but I was not even a fan of the original, so was unsure?

May give it a go, but may wait for it to come out on DVD? lol, especially after reading your review hehe. Smile

Don't go expecting like, a revelation, but it is a good movie. This is me heavily picking on it.

I did enjoy myself watching it, it was fun to see all the things in it and the characters are a lot of fun. The story isn't horrible, it just has a little "huh" factor at the end that's somewhat easy to fill in the gaps and kinda leaves open for more. All in all I really did like the movie, and I'd suggest it even if you didn't see the original.

I was just nitpicking things I felt after the fact of the movie, kept me watching and enjoying it throughout. I'd have no problem seeing it again if another group of friends went.
Back to top Go down
SandsS

SandsS

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Odium

PostSubject: Re: Tron: Legacy ((SPOILERS))   Tron: Legacy  ((SPOILERS)) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 4:55 am

Well, as long as it's fun, yeah I can probably give it a go ... my brother's been looking forward to it. And the music! Apparently Daft Punk did some work for the movie?
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Tron: Legacy ((SPOILERS))   Tron: Legacy  ((SPOILERS)) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 5:00 am

SandsS wrote:
Well, as long as it's fun, yeah I can probably give it a go ... my brother's been looking forward to it. And the music! Apparently Daft Punk did some work for the movie?

Yea they did, the music and the visuals REALLY compliment each other and work wonderfully.

Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: Tron: Legacy ((SPOILERS))   Tron: Legacy  ((SPOILERS)) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 7:35 am

I still have to go see it. I saw the original at the theatre and played the hell out of the video game at the mall, lol!

Calvillanous

PostSubject: Re: Tron: Legacy ((SPOILERS))   Tron: Legacy  ((SPOILERS)) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 3:49 pm

Kai-Sun wrote:
Ty-Odi wrote:

Don't go expecting like, a revelation, but it is a good movie. This is me heavily picking on it.

I did enjoy myself watching it, it was fun to see all the things in it and the characters are a lot of fun. The story isn't horrible, it just has a little "huh" factor at the end that's somewhat easy to fill in the gaps and kinda leaves open for more. All in all I really did like the movie, and I'd suggest it even if you didn't see the original.

I was just nitpicking things I felt after the fact of the movie, kept me watching and enjoying it throughout. I'd have no problem seeing it again if another group of friends went.

I completely concur with your critic of the movie. The main downside is how the story feels so "un-resolved" or that it's potential was wasted? Who knows? perhaps the ending was so vague because the were setting us up for a 3rd movie?
Back to top Go down
archifikos

archifikos

PostSubject: Re: Tron: Legacy ((SPOILERS))   Tron: Legacy  ((SPOILERS)) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 10:22 am

I saw it a few days ago - it felt like a blast from the past, it gave me a nice warm homey feeling bounce

It was pretty decent, nothing groundbreaking or amazing but still a fun watch and worth the money IMO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tron: Legacy ((SPOILERS))   Tron: Legacy  ((SPOILERS)) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tron: Legacy ((SPOILERS))
Page 1 of 1