The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Good Morning RiG!

Go down 
+10
SandsS
Selven
azarhal
Grome
Ty-Odi
Mongo
Darka
Dresgar
Schwendo
Aylin
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Aylin

Aylin

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Aylin Reeves
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: ARES

Good Morning RiG!  Empty
PostSubject: Good Morning RiG!    Good Morning RiG!  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 7:52 am

Greetings all!

Like so many before me, I stumbled over the RiG thread on the bioware forums and I have to say I absolutely support the
goals you guys have set out to achieve and I will be more than happy to join y'all on this journey!

Well guess I should introduce myself Smile . My name in the Star Wars Universe since the X-wing series has been, and will
always be Aylin Reeves. In the Real world I am currently studying computer science/informatics, I'm 27 and from Germany Razz.

Although I peeked into a few MMOs in the past, my main time-sink has been SWG (unsubbed last week lol). I am a big fan of
PVP, even though I detest all the trash and smacktalk and got used to the fact that the ignore list is one of my best friends.
I am also running a small guild, ARES, that we launched out of SWG a bit over a year ago in expectation of TOR and with
rules of conduct similar to the RiG charter, so although we don't boast numbers it's yet another guild you can add to the RiG
roster Smile .

Come SW:TOR, Aylin will roll as a Consular AC Sage, preferably on a server where he can haz pvp Razz

Oh and of course, since I just arrived here I think it's only fair that I bring something to the party, so I made cookies for all of you... enjoy Smile !

-Aylin
Back to top Go down
http://www.aresproject.de
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

Good Morning RiG!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning RiG!    Good Morning RiG!  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 9:03 am

Yay! More cookies!!

Guten Morgen herr Aylin! Wie gehts es dir?

Schwen(do) here from the Crazies of Korriban guild. Just wanted to welcome you and the rest of ARES guild to RiG!

If you need anything at all, plz PM me anytime Smile.
Back to top Go down
Dresgar

Dresgar

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Dres Gar
Guild:

Good Morning RiG!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning RiG!    Good Morning RiG!  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 9:06 am

Welcome dude!

Thanks for the cookies =D I will just pretend they are oatmeal cookies <3
Back to top Go down
Darka

Darka

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Modos
Guild: Force Academy

Good Morning RiG!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning RiG!    Good Morning RiG!  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 9:10 am

Welcome.
Please feel free to join in and add your comments, concerns and thoughts to any of the discussions here Smile
Back to top Go down
Aylin

Aylin

Ingame Characters

Good Morning RiG!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning RiG!    Good Morning RiG!  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 9:19 am

Vielen Dank Schwen Smile Mir geht es sehr gut! Und selbst?

Hehe thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

@Dresgar: of course there are oatmeal cookies among them...(runs and looks up the term oatmeal cookies Razz)

@Darka: thanks, and I will Smile I really am excited about this community, too bad TOR launch is still so far away Smile
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

Good Morning RiG!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning RiG!    Good Morning RiG!  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 9:41 am

Alle ist wunderbar hier Smile. Ish spreche ein bisschen Deutsch Wink Ich versuche, mehr zu lernen (hope that is close Sad )

I think you will enjoy that long wait til TOR-launch here. Besides, now you will have a ton of "neue Freunde" to play the game with at launch! Smile
Back to top Go down
Aylin

Aylin

Ingame Characters

Good Morning RiG!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning RiG!    Good Morning RiG!  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 9:54 am

/hi5 @ Schwen

Das war ausgezeichnet! Smile

I think german is pretty nasty to learn, but looks like you're doing pretty well Smile
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

Good Morning RiG!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning RiG!    Good Morning RiG!  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 10:02 am

viel Dank!

I get hung up on all the "tenses" ...male...female...descriptive...hehe. Its a cool language, just tough. I want one "the" lol...not "der,das,die and dem" lololol!

One day, I'll have it learned. It may take awhile to learn, though. Sad
Back to top Go down
Aylin

Aylin

Ingame Characters

Good Morning RiG!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning RiG!    Good Morning RiG!  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 10:19 am

hehe I know what you mean! But don't worry, a lot of germans don't ever get the "der die das" part right either Smile
I'm sure you will get it down eventually Smile
But seriously if you have any questions concerning german I will help out anytime Smile
Back to top Go down
Mongo

Mongo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Mongo
Class: Sith Warrior
Guild: Crazies

Good Morning RiG!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning RiG!    Good Morning RiG!  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 10:24 am

I only speek da redneck engrish, but welcome anyways Aylin !
Back to top Go down
Aylin

Aylin

Ingame Characters

Good Morning RiG!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning RiG!    Good Morning RiG!  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 10:28 am

Mongo wrote:
I only speek da redneck engrish, but welcome anyways Aylin !

hehehe thank you Mongo!
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

Good Morning RiG!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning RiG!    Good Morning RiG!  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 10:43 am

Mongo is awesome, Aylin. /whisper just don't tell him I told ya that Wink.

I reenact WWII (German-VERY non political), we do it for history education purposes. I have some screen shots of us at public battle/displays in the "off topic/ hobby" section. That, plus Schwendeman...lol...do the math on the origins of that name! Smile The hobby is very rewarding. We meet US, British, and even German living WWII vets (all are very old nowdays). Its sad to hear some of their stories. I am a US Marine Infantry vet, but what ALL of those guys sacrificed...
Back to top Go down
Aylin

Aylin

Ingame Characters

Good Morning RiG!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning RiG!    Good Morning RiG!  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 12:04 pm

Schwendo wrote:

I reenact WWII (German-VERY non political), we do it for history education purposes. I have some screen shots of us at public battle/displays in the "off topic/ hobby" section. That, plus Schwendeman...lol...do the math on the origins of that name! Smile The hobby is very rewarding. We meet US, British, and even German living WWII vets (all are very old nowdays). Its sad to hear some of their stories. I am a US Marine Infantry vet, but what ALL of those guys sacrificed...

That sounds like a very interesting hobby! I heard the English do quite a bit of WWII reenacting aswell. I can't recall reading or hearing about anything similar in germany, I think it's a bit of a taboo topic over here Smile. Although there are quite a few people collecting historical military vehicles and such.
/tell Schwen And no worries about Mongo, my lips are sealed lol
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Ty-Odi
Guild: To Be Confirmed.....

Good Morning RiG!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning RiG!    Good Morning RiG!  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 1:13 pm

Welcome to the boards mate! Smile

My german unfortuanatly lies only in the spoken veriance, learnt a bit when I was in Austria snowboarding, not so good on the written though, hehe Smile

Back to top Go down
https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Smuggler
Guild:

Good Morning RiG!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning RiG!    Good Morning RiG!  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 1:45 pm

Hello Aylin!

Welcome, and don't trade cookies if you brought your own.
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Guild: Maybe Serenity

Good Morning RiG!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning RiG!    Good Morning RiG!  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 1:54 pm

Hello Aylin.

So another Consular Sage...hmmm.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

Good Morning RiG!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning RiG!    Good Morning RiG!  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 4:36 pm

I'll add him to the list Smile (on Jedi Consular corner..under SWTOR topic)
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

Good Morning RiG!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning RiG!    Good Morning RiG!  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 4:41 pm

Aylin wrote:
Schwendo wrote:

That sounds like a very interesting hobby! I heard the English do quite a bit of WWII reenacting aswell. I can't recall reading or hearing about anything similar in germany, I think it's a bit of a taboo topic over here Smile. Although there are quite a few people collecting historical military vehicles and such.
/tell Schwen And no worries about Mongo, my lips are sealed lol

Its kinda "taboo" here too. Actually its a real fun hobby. Lots of members all over the US...

Will do on the "Deutsch Hilfe" !
Back to top Go down
Aylin

Aylin

Ingame Characters

Good Morning RiG!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning RiG!    Good Morning RiG!  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 6:29 pm

azarhal wrote:
Hello Aylin.

So another Consular Sage...hmmm.

*Smiles* Yeah looks like it. Although my 2nd will be a shadow and my 3rd a smuggler Smile. Just hope the days where you need a minimum of 2 accounts to get buffed are finally over *cough*swg*cough*

schwendo wrote:
[...]
Will do on the "Deutsch Hilfe" !

Anytime mate, anytime!

*goes and sticks a "No Trade" sticker on the cookies...*
Back to top Go down
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Selven
Guild: Serenity

Good Morning RiG!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning RiG!    Good Morning RiG!  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 7:52 am

Schwendo wrote:
viel Dank!

I get hung up on all the "tenses" ...male...female...descriptive...hehe. Its a cool language, just tough. I want one "the" lol...not "der,das,die and dem" lololol!

Hehe, in Norwegian we don't even have a "the" or "der, das .." We change the ending of the word to point out the difference.
Say you wanna talk about a cat. "a cat" is "en katt" and then you wanna say "the cat" you put the "en" in the word "katt" like "katten". We can't really translate the word "the" to mean anything in Norwegian. See? No? Laughing

Oh, and welcome Aylin! More Sages to the growing jedi council! Smile
Back to top Go down
SandsS

SandsS

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild: Odium

Good Morning RiG!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning RiG!    Good Morning RiG!  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 9:13 pm

Welcome, Aylin! All your cookies are -- delicious. Heh.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

Good Morning RiG!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning RiG!    Good Morning RiG!  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 11:26 pm

Selven wrote:
Schwendo wrote:
viel Dank!

Hehe, in Norwegian we don't even have a "the" or "der, das .." We change the ending of the word to point out the difference.
Say you wanna talk about a cat. "a cat" is "en katt" and then you wanna say "the cat" you put the "en" in the word "katt" like "katten". We can't really translate the word "the" to mean anything in Norwegian. See? No? Laughing

Oh, and welcome Aylin! More Sages to the growing jedi council! Smile

Thats very interesting Selv'! I am wading through the "gender specific" tenses right now in Rosetta Stone (German). Your way sounds easier, hehe.

Secondly, where have ya' been? We missed you in here! Sad Mono has been "feenin'" for cookies! I tried to guess where you were, but, I kept coming up with "Swimming in Fjords"..am I right?? What'd I win??...cookies??

Lastly, I updated our main Crazies guild post...check it out!

(Sry Aylin...this prolly should have been a PM to Selv' lololololol /pointsup)

Ich bin ein dumkopf! /bonk self
Back to top Go down
Aylin

Aylin

Ingame Characters

Good Morning RiG!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning RiG!    Good Morning RiG!  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 11:28 am

Hahaha no worries Schwen Smile I used to study linguistics a while back myself, and since my girfriend is danish, I have to learn that too, somewhere down the road lol. Don't danish and norwegian share quite a bit selven? Or was it danish and swedish.. or all of them...?

And let me take the chance to say thanks to all of you for the warm welcomes, you guys are great Smile
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

Good Morning RiG!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning RiG!    Good Morning RiG!  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 11:53 am

Whats really cool...a.)You're an awesome speaker of english (Von Deutschland) hehe...and b.) Selvan is back with the gang after a serious scandinavian storm!

Frohliche Weinachten!! (I hope that is close A..not trying to mess up your language... Wink) It's supposed to say "merry christmas" in your language...
Back to top Go down
Launa Starfall

Launa Starfall

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Launa Starfall
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: -

Good Morning RiG!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning RiG!    Good Morning RiG!  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 12:28 pm

Welcome Ayline and Merry Christmas! santa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Good Morning RiG!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning RiG!    Good Morning RiG!  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good Morning RiG!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next