AuthorMessage
Aylin

Aylin

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Aylin Reeves
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: ARES

Good Morning RiG!  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning RiG!    Good Morning RiG!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 2:01 pm

Thank you Launa! And oops I guess I overlooked your intro thread lol my bad..I'll drop by with some cookies Smile

@Schwen: Thanks alot hehe! Fröhliche Weihnachten to all of you too Smile (<- see you got it right! Wink )
Back to top Go down
http://www.aresproject.de
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Selven
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning RiG!    Good Morning RiG!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 7:21 pm

Aylin wrote:
Hahaha no worries Schwen Smile I used to study linguistics a while back myself, and since my girfriend is danish, I have to learn that too, somewhere down the road lol. Don't danish and norwegian share quite a bit selven? Or was it danish and swedish.. or all of them...?

And let me take the chance to say thanks to all of you for the warm welcomes, you guys are great Smile

All of the above! Smile Actually, norwegian has more in common with danish and the written language is very closely related after being ruled by the Danish Monarchy for about 300 years. Sweden got to "keep us" for a mere 89 years in a union afterwards Smile So, yeah, our languages are very much the same. And since we've been the "little brother" of both neighboring countries, we tend to understand the others more than they understand us. But indeed, the written language is quite easy to read for all three countries.

Now that the linguistic bit is covered, good to have you Smile

Good Morning RiG!  - Page 2 Sig12
Back to top Go down
Horeon
(Re)Public Enemy
Horeon

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning RiG!    Good Morning RiG!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 11:25 pm

German. I'm pretty good at understanding it, but speaking? Hell no.

If you guys want a hard language to learn, you should try Bosnian. I'm a native speaker, and I ain't even fluent yet ._.

Oh, and willkommen zu RIG, Aylin! Very Happy

... if that's even remotely right.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning RiG!    Good Morning RiG!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 12:24 am

I'm about 25% speaking...35% understanding German, Horeon. Hehe, I think I may be getting some lingual "hilfe" from Aylin in RiG Smile.

Aylin

Aylin

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning RiG!    Good Morning RiG!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 8:11 am

*smiles* Thanks Horeon! Smile And that was absolutely correct.. I think lol Razz
Back to top Go down
Horeon
(Re)Public Enemy
Horeon

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning RiG!    Good Morning RiG!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 8:19 am

Maybe it's willkommen zu die RIG? :3 It sounds more right (which is what 95% of my German is based on).
Back to top Go down
Aylin

Aylin

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning RiG!    Good Morning RiG!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 1:38 pm

Actually the first one was more like it. I was wondering myself whether "Willkommen zu RiG" or "Willkommen bei RiG" would be better... Both works so you had it right the first time anyway hehehehe Smile
And I fully agree, I too go by how it sounds to me when it comes to languages, I'm not too fond of grammar Razz.
On a side note, the "die" was not completely off, since it is "die Community (which is an aglicism, german word being 'die Gemeinschaft')". Although, "Welcome to the community" would have been "Willkommen zu der community/Gemeinschaft" ... Oh my I hate cases lol
/hi5
Back to top Go down
Mongo

Mongo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Mongo
Class: Sith Warrior
Guild: Crazies

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning RiG!    Good Morning RiG!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 3:20 pm

Aylin wrote:
Actually the first one was more like it. I was wondering myself whether "Willkommen zu RiG" or "Willkommen bei RiG" would be better... Both works so you had it right the first time anyway hehehehe Smile
And I fully agree, I too go by how it sounds to me when it comes to languages, I'm not too fond of grammar Razz.
On a side note, the "die" was not completely off, since it is "die Community (which is an aglicism, german word being 'die Gemeinschaft')". Although, "Welcome to the community" would have been "Willkommen zu der community/Gemeinschaft" ... Oh my I hate cases lol
/hi5
gezundheit
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning RiG!    Good Morning RiG!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 5:51 pm

(from Schwen's Avatar): < "GET TO THA' CHOPPA!! AIIIEEELLL!"

HDubNZ

HDubNZ

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kaya Jun
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning RiG!    Good Morning RiG!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 8:48 pm

If you were using Gemeinschaft wouldn't it be zum Gemeinschaft seeing as it is masculine?

Back to top Go down
Aylin

Aylin

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning RiG!    Good Morning RiG!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 11:28 pm

HDubNZ wrote:
If you were using Gemeinschaft wouldn't it be zum Gemeinschaft seeing as it is masculine?

Actually Gemeinschaft is feminine Smile You say "Die Gemeinschaft" .
But you are right, if it was masculine it would be "zum" instead of "zur" ! Smile

Nice to meet you HDubNZ Smile
Back to top Go down
Horeon
(Re)Public Enemy
Horeon

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning RiG!    Good Morning RiG!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 1:02 am

I was just thinking since it's "the Respect In Gaming (movement)", or something such. Really depends on how you phrase it :p

Ah, polite and intellectual discussion <3
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning RiG!    Good Morning RiG!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 1:22 am

Yeah, you all just proved my pain of the "tenses" of Deutsch :/...I'll get it one day...Wink

Fett_Fan27

Fett_Fan27

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Wilburt
Class: Bounty Hunter
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning RiG!    Good Morning RiG!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 4:29 am

lol kind of reminds me French, but easier and harder at the same time haha
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning RiG!    Good Morning RiG!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 11:40 am

welcome back Fett Fan! Its been a bit Sad!!

Fett_Fan27

Fett_Fan27

Ingame Characters
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning RiG!    Good Morning RiG!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 4:09 am

yea man i just got back from Christmas break vacation, went to Brazil to visit my family down there haha. Hows it been?
Back to top Go down
HDubNZ

HDubNZ

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kaya Jun
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning RiG!    Good Morning RiG!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 4:50 am

Aylin wrote:
HDubNZ wrote:

Actually Gemeinschaft is feminine Smile You say "Die Gemeinschaft" .
But you are right, if it was masculine it would be "zum" instead of "zur" ! Smile

Nice to meet you HDubNZ Smile

And you Aylin - sorry - I just thought seeings der Mannschaft was masculine anything ending in -schaft would follow. Thank you for putting me right though - more than happy to get it right

Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning RiG!    Good Morning RiG!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 6:23 am

Fett_Fan27 wrote:
yea man i just got back from Christmas break vacation, went to Brazil to visit my family down there haha. Hows it been?

Good! Same ole' same ole' in here, lotsa great people (and Coldhart). Waitin' on the TOR-Launch...trying to figure out the server situation. Hehe, the usual...Wink

Brazil!! Awesome! I love the "party" atmosphere there! I need to hit Rio and Sao Paulo before I croak!

Fett_Fan27

Fett_Fan27

Ingame Characters
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning RiG!    Good Morning RiG!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 8:11 pm

yea bro u have to do it, its crazy over there haha, they have server names/types up?
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning RiG!    Good Morning RiG!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 1:26 am

Just that there will be PvP, and PvE ones...nothing detailed as of yet Sad...

Fett_Fan27

Fett_Fan27

Ingame Characters
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning RiG!    Good Morning RiG!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 5:11 am

oh well, good because i want to contribute to server choice, i think a PVP server would be cool. what do you think Schwen and friends? lol
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning RiG!    Good Morning RiG!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 10:10 am

We're going to go into the server that the RiG community goes into at TOR-Launch. We have a list on the TOR-General discussion. We're seeing where the RiG members are going...

As far as me. I like PvE off the bat for the fun of it. We also do a bit of PvP...but its not like we have to be on a "world PvP" server. We're more about the community. Smile

Fett_Fan27

Fett_Fan27

Ingame Characters
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning RiG!    Good Morning RiG!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 7:33 pm

yea sounds solid, if PVE is anything like WOW's PVE I'm going to be a PVE junkie lol.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning RiG!    Good Morning RiG!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 8:35 pm

I hear ya,

Well, not from WoW experiences (I never played more than one day).

I think PvE will be a blast in TOR!

Fett_Fan27

Fett_Fan27

Ingame Characters
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning RiG!    Good Morning RiG!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 9:10 pm

well if ur talkin about the punks in instances i feel u there, but like the fun atmosphere of raiding with guild buddies and laughing hysterically over vent is the best thing EVAR! and its what I'm excited about lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning RiG!    Good Morning RiG!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good Morning RiG!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next