The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

blur is here

Go down 
+5
Godric_Barbarosa
Grome
azarhal
Schwendo
blur
9 posters
AuthorMessage
blur

blur

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Bounty Hunter
Guild: Beskar

blur is here Empty
PostSubject: blur is here   blur is here I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 12:03 am

A lot of you guys know me from the TOR forums... some of you even know me from the pre-game SWG forums... and in terms of MMOs, I've been gaming before that. Got my start in the late 90s with Ultima Online then, later, EverQuest.

Some of you might be surprised to see me post here as I'm not a follower of RiG and my guild, in particular, is not putting its name to the initiative, but after recent comments on the TOR forums, I thought it was worthwhile to post here and reinforce that I know of RiG, and my guild follows a similar philosophy, even if you don't see much of me, or the guild here... for the moment at least!

The theory being that just because I'm not a card carrying RiG member, it doesn't mean I'm anti-RiG or anti-RiG philosophy. I'm "around" and I support what you believe in. As I also enforce in my own guild, and which I think was the tagline for one of the early GTA games... possibly when you're working for the Japanese gangs... Respect is everything!

If anyone wants the long and boring background to any of that, or just wants to ask a question, feel free cheers

Last edited by blur on Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:25 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

blur is here Empty
PostSubject: Re: blur is here   blur is here I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 12:18 am

Blur!

Great to see ya, either way. Hope you enjoy the RiG forums while you're here. Happy Holidays from the Crazies of Korriban!
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Maybe Serenity

blur is here Empty
PostSubject: Re: blur is here   blur is here I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 12:59 am

Hello blur, nice of you to come visit us.

Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

blur is here Empty
PostSubject: Re: blur is here   blur is here I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 1:08 am

Hi again blur!

It does not take much to be "part of" RiG. There are no guidelines as to how involved one may be... The most essential part is that we all want to be playing together (on one or more servers) and creating a good atmosphere. Anything more than that is optional in fact.

So without wanting to push you to do anything, as you are free to do what you wish, why not considering a closer approach? :-)

Good to have you check by either way!
Back to top Go down
blur

blur

Ingame Characters
Character Name:

blur is here Empty
PostSubject: Re: blur is here   blur is here I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 1:36 am

Thanks for the welcome. But as I just said in another thread, Beskar members will determine where we go. And I would be a deeply selfish individual to tell them, today for example, "Guys, everything I have said for over two years has been a lie... we will simply go on the server RiG chooses." There's no way I can do that -- or would want to do that. I'm actually quite surprised at how many guilds want to make this agreement already. I must assume guild votes have been taken or the guilds in question just don't care where they go? Even on the matter of PvP and PvE servers... what if RiG takes one style and some of its guilds wanted another style? Maybe you'll have people refuse to join your server when "push comes to shove" and the live game looms large? I'm just being upfront and honest -- which is my hallmark -- that I cannot commit Beskar to "the RiG server" at this time.
Back to top Go down
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Looking for

blur is here Empty
PostSubject: Re: blur is here   blur is here I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 1:59 am

Welcome blur. I understand your thoughts on determining a server for your group. But unless they see any server we are on as a target for trolls I see no reason why they wouldn't want to be on a server of like minded individuals.

Your point about PvP and PvP servers is a good one and one this whole community faces. In the end I think we will have a presence to varying degrees on several servers. While a lot of people will go where the majority goes I know their are many who will be on a PvP no matter what or on a PvE no matter what. You can check out one of the server priority threads to see our ongoing discussion on the matter
Back to top Go down
blur

blur

Ingame Characters
Character Name:

blur is here Empty
PostSubject: Re: blur is here   blur is here I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 2:04 am

Godric_Barbarosa wrote:
Welcome blur. I understand your thoughts on determining a server for your group. But unless they see any server we are on as a target for trolls I see no reason why they wouldn't want to be on a server of like minded individuals.

Well, it would still depend on what server you choose. You could pick the most amazing server ever... and dodge every single zerg guild out there... but if it's PvE, and my guys want PvP... no dice. Even if it's PvE and my guys are hot for RP-PvP, or vice versa, it could still be no dice. I am very mindful of this.

Which leads us to...

Godric_Barbarosa wrote:
Your point about PvP and PvP servers is a good one and one this whole community faces. In the end I think we will have a presence to varying degrees on several servers.

That could be the solution. You guys might need to seriously hammer that one out into a workable arrangement if the current situation holds, with a real division of what people really want.
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

blur is here Empty
PostSubject: Re: blur is here   blur is here I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 2:07 am

I completely agree. And, being guild-less for the while, I am obviously not confronted with this problem myself.

It's very real though - And for every committed guild out there the guild decisions should probably go over RiG.
You are taking a very realistic approach and I respect and appreciate it - What you say is in fact true for most of the guilds that have already "signed up", I dare say. In the end, if the community chooses a server type that doesn't fit the guild to a point where the majority does not feel like making the commitment anymore, the guild will probably have to go for something else.

The beauty of this is however that we don't ask anyone to make any promises or commitments to the RiG community. We should all be here because we believe we want to play with respectful and fun people, with a good community. We're looking to gather these people - for now this shape of a gathering is very vague and does not have to do much with the game.
It's as if we were all just some buds around a table with our beers joking about creating an enterprise and coming up with ideas. In the best case, we will all end up building that "dream" and have our own enterprise. However as the project advances and the ideas get clearer new people will add themselves to it, but old people may have to bow out just as well. But that's not where we're at yet.
We're in the phase where we're all sitting around the table because we are fond of each other (more or less ;P) and we're just throwing ideas around. We all just say what we think it should be like - starting to shape the whole but in the end it is still very much raw.

That's why at this point all is still very much open and it still will be for quite a while longer I'd say. We're just following our dreams and we can make it happen. Eventually, we will surely split in some ways - some will want to go in other directions (server-wise, most likely being the major issue).
The point is though, we're setting ourselves this crazy goal here, to get all the people who dream or at least are fond of the idea of playing on a server where people respect each other very much on one server, to bring them all around and play with them all. It's an unrealistic goal, for sure. While probably lots of people have this common idea, they also have other ideas about how their playing experience should be.
However, if you don't set yourself crazy goals, you're never gonna get far. You have to aim for the best you can get; you have to start with the end in mind or else you will never get anywhere.
In the end, if you achieve something like 50% of whatever crazy goals you set yourself it will probably still be very much a success.

The good thing is - this is not a project that requires you to really commit yourself to it. You can just sit idly by at the table sipping your beer and throw in your sarcastic comment every now and then. Nobody will ask you to co-found the enterprise at the end of all of this. You could, if you wanted to, but you can just resume your sitting at the table and enjoy your cold beer while watching a good game of football if you don't feel like it.
Back to top Go down
Dresgar

Dresgar

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Dres Gar
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild:

blur is here Empty
PostSubject: Re: blur is here   blur is here I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 4:04 am

Welcome dude, I appreciate the fact that you want your guild, as a collective, to decide whats best for them, so even if by chance you do not join the same server we do, you are still part of the RiG Community,
Back to top Go down
blur

blur

Ingame Characters
Character Name:

blur is here Empty
PostSubject: Re: blur is here   blur is here I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 4:26 am

Thanks for that. A lot of people look at the 'benevolent dictatorship' model in Beskar and think it can't work, and I must be so horrible, etc, yet the reality is, our members -- as a collective -- drive a lot of what we do. and I sort of sit at the head of it all as a 'sanity checker' and, if it's a cool idea, I make it happen. We tend to do things a lot faster than guilds where everything is discussed by a council of people, or a council that uses a sub committee to help it, etc.
Back to top Go down
archifikos

archifikos

blur is here Empty
PostSubject: Re: blur is here   blur is here I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 10:15 am

Hey, welcome! Good to see you here you Aussie Bounty Hunter person DarkaHatOAwesome

Back to top Go down
SandsS

SandsS

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild: Odium

blur is here Empty
PostSubject: Re: blur is here   blur is here I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 9:20 pm

Welcome! And yeah, what everyone else is saying is about right. We'd like to be all playing on the same server if we could ... but concerns like timezones and playstyle may still separate us in the end. I'm hoping that people who would normally be PvE or PvE-PvP only would be willing to expand their comfort zone to ... say ... an RP-PvP server where PvE can still happen. It'll take an open mind on the part of many people.
Back to top Go down
blur

blur

Ingame Characters
Character Name:

blur is here Empty
PostSubject: Re: blur is here   blur is here I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 10:22 pm

It's a debate that rises within Beskar from time to time and, while we aren't deciding on anything until Bioware explains its servers properly, my gut feeling is that Beskar will be on a RP-PvP server, or whatever TOR has in that area.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

blur is here Empty
PostSubject: Re: blur is here   blur is here I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 11:53 pm

Exactly,

Everyone wants to pre-empt the server situation. In reality Bio-Ware has been vague about the servers. They have side there will be server types...thats about it...
Back to top Go down
Redriot

Redriot

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Draven
Class: Sith Warrior
Guild: Reign

blur is here Empty
PostSubject: Re: blur is here   blur is here I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 4:58 pm

Welcome to the forums blur, good to see you on here Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

blur is here Empty
PostSubject: Re: blur is here   blur is here I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 9:52 pm

And cool avatar by the way! ;-)
Back to top Go down
blur

blur

Ingame Characters
Character Name:

blur is here Empty
PostSubject: Re: blur is here   blur is here I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 9:26 am

Thanks very much! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

blur is here Empty
PostSubject: Re: blur is here   blur is here I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

blur is here
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The R.I.G. :: Hello & Welcome :) :: Members Area - A Chance to say hi, and introduce yourselves-
Jump to:  
This site is in not endorsed by or affiliated with LucasArts, BioWare, or Electronic Arts.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. LucasArts, the LucasArts logo, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks in the United States and/or in other countries of Lucasfilm Ltd.
and/or its affiliates. © 2008-2010 Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. or Lucasfilm Ltd. All Rights Reserved. BioWare and the BioWare logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd.
You may not copy any images, videos or sound clips found on this site or „deep link‟ to any image, video or sound clip directly.Game content and materials copyright LICENSOR. All Rights Reserved.
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com