AuthorMessage
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

Hi all glad to be here! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi all glad to be here!   Hi all glad to be here! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 12:15 am

Launa Starfall wrote:
Cheers all of you guys! Hi all glad to be here! - Page 2 744788

You are a Marine Schwendo, thats really cool! Must have been awesome flying in the Stallion, I really like the marines (my favourite unit within the US armed forces), How long did you serve, how did you like it?
Also cool archifikos, there is many student versions of Max to a good price if you feel to begin with 3D art, it is never to late to begin. In my opinion it is a very rewarding hobby, and you never stop learning (and when you start in game development, regardless on what level actually, thing start to become really fun!).
What kind of company are you working on now? What kind of projects are you guys doing?

I was in the Marines active from 1992-1998. I was in weapons company, Heavy Machinegun Platoon. We were in the "hardback" Humvee's. We used mounted .50cal, Mk-19, and M240g machineguns. It was an adventure. We were either having a blast, miserable, or bored off out azzes (<--Selven profanity filter activated). I almost reenlisted, but, I got blown up by a frag grenade in a training incident (I healed 100%), and I decided to try out the private sector instead.

We rode in the Super Stallions. I was on the Belleau Wood (LHA-3) Helo carrier in 93'. We switched to Jeeps, because they could fit 3 in each CH-53. It was really cool driving out of the back of one, though!

Side note: I love the "future police car". and Mexico!? lol. It looks like I'm in Tijuana in the future! ...Policia!!

archifikos

archifikos

PostSubject: Re: Hi all glad to be here!   Hi all glad to be here! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 10:47 am

Launa Starfall wrote:
Cheers all of you guys! Hi all glad to be here! - Page 2 744788

You are a Marine Schwendo, thats really cool! Must have been awesome flying in the Stallion, I really like the marines (my favourite unit within the US armed forces), How long did you serve, how did you like it?
Also cool archifikos, there is many student versions of Max to a good price if you feel to begin with 3D art, it is never to late to begin. In my opinion it is a very rewarding hobby, and you never stop learning (and when you start in game development, regardless on what level actually, thing start to become really fun!).
What kind of company are you working on now? What kind of projects are you guys doing?

I work in a company that does lots of stuff... We make websites, e-learning material, involve ourselves in online marketing campaigns... The 3D application would be more for our e-learning stuff, though I've made a couple of easy models in 3D Studio Max for our Flash guy (collada exports), this would be a lot deeper Hi all glad to be here! - Page 2 744788
Back to top Go down
Launa Starfall

Launa Starfall

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Launa Starfall
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: -

PostSubject: Re: Hi all glad to be here!   Hi all glad to be here! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 9:19 pm

Cheers guys! I am glad Schwendo that you did alright after the training accident:) Scary stuff indeed!
Been operating from a helo carrier must have been a blast, I hope you got a chance to see many exciting countries! Cool job archifikos, seems really fun to do be able to do many things! Hope you got a chance work more in 3D Studio Max also! Would love to see your work someday:)
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: Hi all glad to be here!   Hi all glad to be here! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 1:30 am

Oh yeah Launa!

Here's the list...

Japan, Okinawa, South Korea, China, Hong Kong (before China owned it), Singapore, Surabaya (Indonesia), Australia, Panama, Hawaii (just a state), and Alaska...Smile

We called the Belleau Wood (LHA-3), the "Death Star" hehe...

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi all glad to be here!   Hi all glad to be here! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi all glad to be here!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2