Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Darka

Darka

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Modos
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Force Academy

Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006   Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 6:10 am

Well keep an eye out for us, we will be rolling on a Role Play based server Smile
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006   Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 12:22 pm

Well made guild post Darka!

I like the Hope pic of your avatar. Got a good chuckle.

Do you mind if I copy the FAQ questions for my own guild promotion? I hadn't thought about that, and didn't want to blatantly snag anything without asking.
Back to top Go down
Darka

Darka

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006   Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 7:49 pm

Thanks, with this thread i wanted to cover who we are, what we do in a nice presentation, as well as show why we are a community minded guild and posting here Smile
I do not have any issues with it personally, but do appreciate you asking before doing it Smile
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Ty-Odi
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: To Be Confirmed.....

PostSubject: Re: Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006   Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 8:05 pm

Well if I roll a Republic char I may well give this some thought Smile

I do need to sort out what I am doing guild wise at some point huh? hehe Smile

Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006 - Page 2 Tyodisig1copygj8er6
Back to top Go down
https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Selven

PostSubject: Re: Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006   Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 8:11 pm

Ty-Odi wrote:
Well if I roll a Republic char I may well give this some thought Smile

I do need to sort out what I am doing guild wise at some point huh? hehe Smile

I'm with you on that one - decisions.... study

Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006 - Page 2 Sig12
Back to top Go down
Darka

Darka

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006   Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 8:17 pm

Also please let me know if this write up does not fill any requirements I specifically included a write up about Community for this forum to show that yes we are here because we are a community guild and that Im not just adding this and ignoring it
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Ty-Odi
Guild: To Be Confirmed.....

PostSubject: Re: Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006   Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 10:23 pm

Will any others from your guild be coming on here to say hi and intriduce themselves Darka?

Would be nice to meet them as well Smile

Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006 - Page 2 Tyodisig1copygj8er6
Back to top Go down
https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk
Darka

Darka

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006   Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 11:21 pm

I will let them know to come over and say hey if they have a moment Smile
Back to top Go down
Darka

Darka

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006   Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 11:35 am

The Defenders on PvP.

Being pro active in the PvP environment was something we felt was beneficial for a Community, we could all remember a time when we were PvPing only to see a large majority of players standing around complaining about no pvp rather then pvping.
Being a Role Play Community some members have their own rules of engagement, while the guild does not have a strict ruling for PvP we do have a No Drama/Harassment Policy, As a group that loves to PvP we have found that while it is a competitive environment, you often need to ignore what is said and focus on fighting for the Republic. Some of what is said and done in the heat of battle can go and lead to problems that end up out of control when a little self restraint could have solved it.
We ask our members who PvP to be mindful of their actions, as what one does reflects on all of us, and with a pro active group of PvPers we can really help build a solid experience that both sides enjoy. A pvp system is only as good as the players let it be, and we will be looking for both Republic and Sith players/guilds to organise future events around in the PvP side of things.

Back to top Go down
Darka

Darka

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006   Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 9:01 am

Some Old Screenies from a thread on Lucasforums I redid

Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006 - Page 2 ScreenShot0084
Some of the Council of Defenders meet in the Enclave

Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006 - Page 2 ScreenShot0091
The Academy gather on Tattooine to save the city and fight off the Krayt Population

Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006 - Page 2 ScreenShot0093
A distubance in a temple

Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006 - Page 2 ScreenShot0094
The Hall of Defenders, a monument to those who walked before us, it is through our past or future is made

Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006   Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 1:47 pm

SWG graphics are like good and bad looking at the same time...

Nice screenshots.

Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight

PostSubject: Re: Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006   Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 2:01 pm

azarhal wrote:
SWG graphics are like good and bad looking at the same time...

Nice screenshots.

I'd say it's because the potential is there, but is underused mostly.
Back to top Go down
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Selven

PostSubject: Re: Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006   Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 2:51 pm

The graphics in SWG is hard to get just right with most graphic cards. And even if you do, the resolution used when capturing a screenie might ruin some of it. I don't know what they did, but with the graphic update some time after the NGE, lots of people had issues where there were none before.

Take a look at this screenshot bundle on the SWG boards and you'll see what I mean. Just about every screenie posted has their own quality (or lack thereof).

Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006 - Page 2 Sig12
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006   Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 3:36 pm

Some cool screenie there...the Star Wars collection is kind of funny.

Darka

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006   Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 5:23 pm

I now have a new card and you can get some nice shots when you want.
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006   Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 5:38 pm

Do the Academy ever adventure itself on Dathomir?

Darka

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006   Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 8:09 pm

With the new Witches of Dathomir content we will be there a lot very soon.
Have had our fair share of events there, from recovering a lost Master, to helping control the population of witches Smile
Its a nice planet,
Back to top Go down
Darka

Darka

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006   Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 9:11 pm

We are currently in the process of preparing for a new RP event.
We have plans to provide a set up for our members to interact ina rich RP environment that provides a backdrop for characters to get to know each other better from a RP perspective as well as add to the pre game History of the Academy

Many are excited and looking forward to unleashing new characters and being a part of the new project to tide us over until release.
Back to top Go down
Leon

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Jade Solborne
Class: Trooper
Guild: Force Academy (Phoenix Battalion)

PostSubject: Re: Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006   Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 6:43 am

Hello! Darka told me about this site a while ago, but just now got the chance to join. I am a member of FA, and just thought I would stop by and say HI!
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006   Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 10:17 am

Hi Leon! It's great you decided to take a look! Smile

I hope we will hear some more from you! There are many interesting topics on this forum.

When You Argue With Idiots
They Drag You Down To Their Level
And Beat You With Experience
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006   Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 12:38 pm

Hello Leon.

Welcome.

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006   Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 12:41 pm

Thank you for the Welcomes. I am slowly looking over the website, will probably comment on some things.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006   Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 6:44 pm

Welcome Leon!

If you're 1/2 as cool as ole' Darka, you're one awesome guy! Enjoy the forums!

Leon

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006   Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 11:19 pm

Schwendo wrote:
Welcome Leon!

If you're 1/2 as cool as ole' Darka, you're one awesome guy! Enjoy the forums!

Thank you for the welcome. Smile
Back to top Go down
Darka

Darka

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006   Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 6:30 am

We finally got a member into Beta!
Gratz to him, and boo to any guildie who didnt tell us they got in!

Haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006   Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Force Academy: Defenders of Peace - Role Play Gaming Community Est 2006
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next