AuthorMessage
TheJW

TheJW

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Undecided
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Sons of Ziost

I love my wife's sense of humor... Empty
PostSubject: I love my wife's sense of humor...   I love my wife's sense of humor... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 9:57 am

She thought it would hilarious to mention that Valentine's Day is a short 6 weeks away. Now I have to begin my quest for the perfect gift. What do you get (make?) for the woman who has everything? What a cruel joke this is.

Edit: I just realized that from the condensed view on the front page the title of this looks rather suggestive. I apologize if you thought you were getting some juicy details.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sonsofziost.com
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: I love my wife's sense of humor...   I love my wife's sense of humor... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 12:39 pm

Okies....from da' Schwenmiester....

Get a dozen long stem red roses for starters (Long stem, mui importante!).

Then make up a cd/mp3 disk/playlist with all her favorite songs/artists....That way, she will think of you when she plays da tunes!

Hows that for Da'starters?

Lugaidh
Incurable smartass
Lugaidh

PostSubject: Re: I love my wife's sense of humor...   I love my wife's sense of humor... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 2:13 pm

On Valentines day make a trail of rose petals to the bedroom and wrap yourself up in a bow completely naked. It works for me.
Back to top Go down
Horeon
(Re)Public Enemy
Horeon

PostSubject: Re: I love my wife's sense of humor...   I love my wife's sense of humor... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 3:10 pm

I honestly have no idea.

Obviously asking her what she wants and getting her that isn't romantic because women are weird.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: I love my wife's sense of humor...   I love my wife's sense of humor... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 6:32 pm

rofl!!!

Lewg...thats just not the vision I need in the middle of my Jager induced "after work hangover"

Horeon...Yes, they are...but VERY necessary Wink (no offense Selv, Az, Sands Wink )

Mongo

Mongo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Mongo
Class: Sith Warrior
Guild: Crazies

PostSubject: Re: I love my wife's sense of humor...   I love my wife's sense of humor... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 7:14 pm

She wants a new Makita cordless power drill, i can tell What a Face

Lug..that works well until you figure out that she brought her co-worker home from work to show her something on the computer...which is in the bedroom lol!
Back to top Go down
Dresgar

Dresgar

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Dres Gar
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: I love my wife's sense of humor...   I love my wife's sense of humor... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 7:44 pm

If I was skilled in this sort of thing this is the gift I would give her.

http://io9.com/5722846/build-a-fiber-optic-star-map-for-out-of-this-world-ambient-lighting
Back to top Go down
TheJW

TheJW

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Undecided
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Sons of Ziost

PostSubject: Re: I love my wife's sense of humor...   I love my wife's sense of humor... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 1:29 pm

That star map is epic. I even have pretty much everything I would need to make it. Maybe I could suspend some X-wings and TIEs in front of it having a massive battle. Bet she would like that...

Yeah. Maybe I should do something else before I get carried away. Babysitter and a nice night away. That's what she needs. I'll make myself the star map when I have time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sonsofziost.com
Calvillanous

PostSubject: Re: I love my wife's sense of humor...   I love my wife's sense of humor... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 8:19 pm

The Babysitter & the Night out are the best suggestions I've heard yet.
Back to top Go down
Ivyrane

Ivyrane

PostSubject: Re: I love my wife's sense of humor...   I love my wife's sense of humor... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 10:29 am

TheJW wrote:

Yeah. Maybe I should do something else before I get carried away. Babysitter and a nice night away. .

I would add a day of pampering (only for her) before the night out Smile

http://www.ineedpampering.com/

One of the ideas on the website is a makeover and photoshoot, you could do it together if you wanted - it can be really fun Smile

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Xavier

Xavier

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Xavier Dragen
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Zero³

PostSubject: Re: I love my wife's sense of humor...   I love my wife's sense of humor... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 7:06 pm

Schwendo wrote:
Okies....from da' Schwenmiester....

Get a dozen long stem red roses for starters (Long stem, mui importante!).

Then make up a cd/mp3 disk/playlist with all her favorite songs/artists....That way, she will think of you when she plays da tunes!

Hows that for Da'starters?
Here's a twist on the dozen roses bit. You get her 11 red roses with 1 white rose in the center and a card that reads, "Because you're still the only one I see in a crowd." Add in dinner in a nice restaurant, a show (musical or opera if she's into it) and a night at a nice hotel, for a mini getaway and you've got a winner of a night, that will provide it's own rewards at the hotel. bounce bounce

Ivyrane wrote:
TheJW wrote:

Yeah. Maybe I should do something else before I get carried away. Babysitter and a nice night away. .

I would add a day of pampering (only for her) before the night out Smile

http://www.ineedpampering.com/

One of the ideas on the website is a makeover and photoshoot, you could do it together if you wanted - it can be really fun Smile

Good luck!
Be careful with this. You may think you are doing something nice, but this is one of those gifts that can back fire on you. Don't get me wrong, women love spa days, but when it's their idea. You could give her this and her reaction (weather it's vocal, or more passive agressive) might be, "What, I'm not pretty enough for you! You think I need a makeover? Hmmph!"

It all depends on the type of woman you're dealing with. You know your significant others, just be mindful.
Back to top Go down
Ivyrane

Ivyrane

PostSubject: Re: I love my wife's sense of humor...   I love my wife's sense of humor... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 9:38 pm

Xavier wrote:
Be careful with this. You may think you are doing something nice, but this is one of those gifts that can back fire on you. Don't get me wrong, women love spa days, but when it's their idea. You could give her this and her reaction (weather it's vocal, or more passive agressive) might be, "What, I'm not pretty enough for you! You think I need a makeover? Hmmph!"

It all depends on the type of woman you're dealing with. You know your significant others, just be mindful.

Well, I am a woman and I would love a spa day ;D What you have to be careful about are things like anti-ageing or slimming products Smile cos then yeah I agree,you can get bitten Wink And photoshoot makeover is not something that she needs to accept and change about herself. It's basically just a free-make up and hairstyle and some glamorous photos after. Say whatever you want but I know for sure that women ARE vain (whether we want to admit it or not), so something that lets us feel like a million-dollar model for a day is a good thing Smile

But you're right - you need to know the woman you 're dealing with cos we are really different. But I also think a husband should know his wife well enough to know if a gift like that would work Smile
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: I love my wife's sense of humor...   I love my wife's sense of humor... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 1:49 am

Xav', nice on the "white rose" idea!...you ole' softy! hehe

Ivy, Just got my wife a "complete spa day...um...thingy" for Christmas. Wink

Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Selven
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: I love my wife's sense of humor...   I love my wife's sense of humor... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 1:30 pm

Xavier wrote:

Here's a twist on the dozen roses bit. You get her 11 red roses with 1 white rose in the center and a card that reads, "Because you're still the only one I see in a crowd."

Awww.... that's just romantic! Smile

I love my wife's sense of humor... Sig12
Back to top Go down
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Selven
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: I love my wife's sense of humor...   I love my wife's sense of humor... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 1:45 pm

Ivyrane wrote:
Xavier wrote:

Well, I am a woman and I would love a spa day ;D What you have to be careful about are things like anti-ageing or slimming products Smile cos then yeah I agree,you can get bitten Wink And photoshoot makeover is not something that she needs to accept and change about herself. It's basically just a free-make up and hairstyle and some glamorous photos after. Say whatever you want but I know for sure that women ARE vain (whether we want to admit it or not), so something that lets us feel like a million-dollar model for a day is a good thing Smile

But you're right - you need to know the woman you 're dealing with cos we are really different. But I also think a husband should know his wife well enough to know if a gift like that would work Smile

Agreed. As a woman, I'd love a gift like that. To me it says; "You deserve to be pampered, honey".

On a side note, amazingly many men (and women) doesn't know how their spouce will respond to a gift they feel is well thought of and a good one. They think they do, but surprise, surprise ...boom! Smile No, I'm not one of those throwing a tantrum when the gift is ...well, a bit unexpected. The thought is what counts unless your husband (my ex) comes home on your anniversary day with nothing and says; "I drove by a flower shop and was thinking about getting you some roses." He was "thinking". Well, good for him!

I often tell people about him when I hear "It's the thought that counts" Laughing
And I managed to get a tad off topic ..again.

I love my wife's sense of humor... Sig12
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I love my wife's sense of humor...   I love my wife's sense of humor... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I love my wife's sense of humor...
Page 1 of 1