Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

Friday Update 1/07/11: Biographies! Empty
PostSubject: Friday Update 1/07/11: Biographies!   Friday Update 1/07/11: Biographies! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 4:41 pm

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20110107

Some new Biographies up, with some Aurabesh translations over at Darth Hater

Back to top Go down
Lanius

Lanius

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update 1/07/11: Biographies!   Friday Update 1/07/11: Biographies! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 6:33 pm

To be honest I was counting on something bigger. But it was nice to have an update anyway.
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update 1/07/11: Biographies!   Friday Update 1/07/11: Biographies! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 7:57 pm

Ultimate Sore Loser

FTW!

Xavier

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Xavier Dragen
Guild: Zero³

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update 1/07/11: Biographies!   Friday Update 1/07/11: Biographies! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 10:08 pm

I don't count on something big...ever. That's not disappointed cynicism talking either. I understand and accept that most of the Friday Updates are just little tidbits, meant to give us something to talk about on a weekly basis between the really big reveals every few months at Conferences, Conventions, or in Magazines. The class updates are really cool, the planets and Bio's are fun as are the Timelines, but anything big like Crafting, PvP warzones, all came from other events first.

Having said all that, I was looking forward to a new planet today. So, I had a touch of self inflicted disappointment, but the Bios were fairly entertaining none the less.
Back to top Go down
Mongo

Mongo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Mongo
Class: Sith Warrior
Guild: Crazies

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update 1/07/11: Biographies!   Friday Update 1/07/11: Biographies! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 10:56 pm

meh color me dissapointed confused This friday's update was about as minimal as it gets (i hope)
Back to top Go down
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Looking for

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update 1/07/11: Biographies!   Friday Update 1/07/11: Biographies! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 12:40 am

This update felt like a Shemp (let me know if I need me to explain the reference/term.) Though I can't say I'm disappointed. We have gotten far more information on a far more regular basis for this game than any other. I still get a feeling with as much info as still needs to be revealed that this game will be pushed back, which is all right. Please do not publish an unfinished game to meet a Spring '11 deadline
Back to top Go down
Akomo

Akomo

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update 1/07/11: Biographies!   Friday Update 1/07/11: Biographies! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 3:32 am

Coming along nicely i see.Im forever the glass is half full kinda guy.Thanks for the update!Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zepour

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update 1/07/11: Biographies!   Friday Update 1/07/11: Biographies! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 11:15 am

To quote a poster from the original forum: "I feel for the moderators who have to sift through all 'Another horrid info release friday' threads."

I don't know, the community there doesn't seem very appealing to me. It's almost as bad as reading mmorpg.com.

By the way, Jewl'a Nightbringer is hawt! (I mean literally, with her flame thrower.)
Back to top Go down
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Selven

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update 1/07/11: Biographies!   Friday Update 1/07/11: Biographies! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 1:58 pm

Zepour wrote:
To quote a poster from the original forum: "I feel for the moderators who have to sift through all 'Another horrid info release friday' threads."

I don't know, the community there doesn't seem very appealing to me. It's almost as bad as reading mmorpg.com.

Exactly! So it's not what you hoped for, but it can't be amazing news every friday. I'm shying away from the TOR boards most of the time because of that. My profile message over there says it all (tongue in cheek, but still);

Quote :
Visiting a forum such as this is a hazard. If you wanna stay positive and just anticipate this new game we're (all) looking forward to, don't stay here for long! Atleast, equip a pair of anti-BS-shades.

Friday Update 1/07/11: Biographies! Sig12
Back to top Go down
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update 1/07/11: Biographies!   Friday Update 1/07/11: Biographies! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 6:43 pm

Yeah, I'm always amazed at the negativity and pesemism there. There are choices that they have made that I wish they hadn't, but if you are really that pissed off just rage quit and leave no one will miss you on the forums.
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update 1/07/11: Biographies!   Friday Update 1/07/11: Biographies! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 7:14 pm

Godric_Barbarosa wrote:
Yeah, I'm always amazed at the negativity and pesemism there. There are choices that they have made that I wish they hadn't, but if you are really that pissed off just rage quit and leave no one will miss you on the forums.

There's very very little that can get me riled up, and usually a game can never do that simply by virtue that it's a game. I spend a little time on the Jedi Knight forums still, but I tend to only post when someone needs actual concrete info they can't find or aren't aware of, trying to be helpful, or quickly posting my ideas on a subject if the conversation is constructive (which it usually isn't.)

Otherwise I steer clear of the main board, and would rather be here.

Update wise, I'm just glad they give us anything every Friday. I don't really care how big or insignificant the update seems.
Back to top Go down
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update 1/07/11: Biographies!   Friday Update 1/07/11: Biographies! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 10:35 pm

Kai-Sun wrote:
Godric_Barbarosa wrote:

There's very very little that can get me riled up, and usually a game can never do that simply by virtue that it's a game. I spend a little time on the Jedi Knight forums still, but I tend to only post when someone needs actual concrete info they can't find or aren't aware of, trying to be helpful, or quickly posting my ideas on a subject if the conversation is constructive (which it usually isn't.)

Update wise, I'm just glad they give us anything every Friday. I don't really care how big or insignificant the update seems.

I used to go to the Jedi Knight forums a lot. Had some great discussions with Prof Walsh, Nia, and the rest. Then Walsh sort of fell of the deep end with his perceived "sith bias" and I sort of burnt out on the forums.
Back to top Go down
Mongo

Mongo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update 1/07/11: Biographies!   Friday Update 1/07/11: Biographies! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 11:57 pm

Godric_Barbarosa wrote:
Kai-Sun wrote:
Godric_Barbarosa wrote:

I used to go to the Jedi Knight forums a lot. Had some great discussions with Prof Walsh, Nia, and the rest. Then Walsh sort of fell of the deep end with his perceived "sith bias" and I sort of burnt out on the forums.
try the sith warrior forum, most of the posts make me cringe
Back to top Go down
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update 1/07/11: Biographies!   Friday Update 1/07/11: Biographies! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 2:12 am

Mongo wrote:

What do they complain about Bioware's sith bias there too. lol!
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update 1/07/11: Biographies!   Friday Update 1/07/11: Biographies! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 4:10 am

Godric_Barbarosa wrote:

Haha! I think he mostly means the quality of the posts, but then again that seems to be few and far between on any forum.

The most laid back I've seen are generally either the Trooper or Smuggler, IA and Consular not really that far behind.

Consular is turning into the Knight forums though, covered in saber restriction threads.

Back to top Go down
Mongo

Mongo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update 1/07/11: Biographies!   Friday Update 1/07/11: Biographies! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 2:53 pm

Godric_Barbarosa wrote:
Mongo wrote:

No, that would be an upgrade from "omgz sith r leet pewpew" or "post yr rezon 4 being sith lawl " I am stubbornly holding out hope that the deeper end of the gene pool is just not posting in the sith warrior forums Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update 1/07/11: Biographies!   Friday Update 1/07/11: Biographies! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 5:53 pm

The best forum is the Smuggler forum.

But there isn't that much game discussion in it.

Lanius

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update 1/07/11: Biographies!   Friday Update 1/07/11: Biographies! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 7:54 pm

I used to post on the IA forum, but it was always dead. Since the day the trailler was released loads of new people moved to the forums. Now everyday there's new old threads... "30m range for sniper?!" "30m is a joke!" "I'm a sniper. I can has stealth too?". I just don't have the patience to answer to those threads. :\
In the old days (before the trailler) the only threads alive where "Snipe the person above you" and "Shiv the person above you". lol
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update 1/07/11: Biographies!   Friday Update 1/07/11: Biographies! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 5:05 am

Lanius wrote:
I used to post on the IA forum, but it was always dead. Since the day the trailler was released loads of new people moved to the forums. Now everyday there's new old threads... "30m range for sniper?!" "30m is a joke!" "I'm a sniper. I can has stealth too?". I just don't have the patience to answer to those threads. :\
In the old days (before the trailler) the only threads alive where "Snipe the person above you" and "Shiv the person above you". lol

Most forums seem to be like that cept a few that actually have a bit of real info on how their abilities work.

I'm hoping we learn more about each AC and the roles they fill, might (<.<) see more constructive posts then the slew of random wild speculation that people think up. "Why can't my IA use teh Rocket Launcha?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update 1/07/11: Biographies!   Friday Update 1/07/11: Biographies! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Friday Update 1/07/11: Biographies!
Page 1 of 1