The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?

Go down 
+28
Pyara_Raga
lordmarvelpl
Dharnell
Grome
pizzathehut
Rayviin
Xavier
Mli
Godric_Barbarosa
Buddhist
ShavedEwok
CRR_Kathy
archifikos
Zephrus
WesleyP.
MorgonKara
Variable
azarhal
Gamewiz
Zepour
Kai-Sun
Selven
Finiffa
Ty-Odi
Schwendo
Sylrah
Darka
Lugaidh
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
pizzathehut

Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 12:23 pm

I like star wars but im liking the new mmo in itself.. Was waiting for something new and something different. Making it star wars and adding the features I hope it can deliver what star wars did for man years. As for Tera Online they have right idea on fighting system, were throwing attacks and shooting magic can miss target, but the game itself doesnt seem to jump off star wars..=)

Now if they can mix n match a few games mechanics then that'll be nice but all in time..=)
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Smuggler
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 6:59 pm

I am a Star Wars fan no doubt! Read some books too, I think it's a fascinating universe.

I guess if I could choose an MMO universe I would choose SW from all there is out there (Fallout is pretty cool too, but it just lacks the depth of SW). And since Bioware is making it that is quite the bonus.

And I am SO sick of fantasy type scenarios, especially in MMOs.

Secondly, yeah, I am an MMO fan. That just fuels my anticipation even more, love the social aspect.

Hard to put it in an order though.
Back to top Go down
Dharnell

Dharnell

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 1:39 am

I've always loved Star Wars, but strangely enough, I'm more of a fan of the EU and the video games, than the actual movies. While I AM a little sick of Medieval themed MMO's and prefer futuristic ones, the community on either is what makes or breaks my decision to stick around.
Back to top Go down
lordmarvelpl

lordmarvelpl

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 8:41 am

I am both Star Wars and MMO fan.

I watched SW first time when I was like what, five I think... so yeah, fan from 1992 ;]

And I fell in love with MMO starting with Ragnarok Online... I don`t even remember how long ago it was... something like 8 years now...
Back to top Go down
Pyara_Raga

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 9:43 am

I'm excited about both reasons actually. I'm a pretty big SW nerd and a big fan of MMO's, sooooooo this is right up my alley. I loved SWG in the early days but the CU and NGE made it into a big steaming pile of rancor poodoo.
Back to top Go down
Aurabesh

Aurabesh

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Aurabesh
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 9:57 am

Huge StarWars fan and in my opinion Bioware makes the best RPG's out there.
So for me its a win-win Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lanius

Lanius

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 1:41 pm

I'm not the bigest star wars fan. I'm more of a MMO fan.
I like the original trilogy, KOTOR and read Fatal Aliance. That alone is enough to draw my attention to this game.
Back to top Go down
Yunie

Yunie

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 8:02 pm

Lanius wrote:
I'm not the bigest star wars fan. I'm more of a MMO fan.
I like the original trilogy, KOTOR and read Fatal Aliance. That alone is enough to draw my attention to this game.

Quoting you cause we live in the same city... what are the odds O.o

And on topic, both a MMO fan and a Star Wars fan. Which is great, cause if I wasn't that much into Star Wars lore I probably wouldn't enjoy the whole "story" concept that much.
Back to top Go down
HDubNZ

HDubNZ

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kaya Jun
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 11:40 pm

Vote for Both - didn't play galaxies but loved KOTOR (and KOTOR II as unfinished as it was). I remember starting KOTOR for the first time (pre-wife of course haha) and having the opening credits roll knowing you are the character being talked about - one of my most memorable moments in gaming without question...that and then the reveal scene when you found out you are Revan...I mean, sure you could see it coming but it was still pretty powerful.

Love the original trilogy and I mean the original, that came out when I was five and finished when I was twelve - as is, untouched, no Hayden Christiansen waving in the second to last scene lol...

There will be those MMO hoppers looking for the next game they can try and run straight to end game on so they can compare gear and e-peens and there will be others who are determined to find the WoW killer only to be disappointed and vocally unhappy when this game isn't it in the first two days of release....sigh...have we all met these people? Then there will be us...hopeful, patient, thoughtful and looking to build a great community in a great game.
Back to top Go down
HDubNZ

HDubNZ

Ingame Characters
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 11:41 pm

Xavier wrote:
First, let me say that I am a Star Wars fan, an MMO fan, and a BioWare fan. I love them all. However, if I had to pick an order, it would go like this.

1) Star Wars - I've been watching it since 1982.
2) BioWare - I've been playing their games since Baldur's Gate. 1997?
3) MMOs - I started playing UO in 1999, switched to EQ in 2000. The rest is history.

Not a bad list - I would go 2, 1, 3 for mine.
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 12:37 am

HDubNZ wrote:
that and then the reveal scene when you found out you are Revan...I mean, sure you could see it coming but it was still pretty powerful.
Back then I got spoilered to that part and I knew before even picking up the game that I was gonna play Revan. Man, that sucks, I'll never know how it feels like to find out in the moment. Although... maybe we will all turn out to be Revan again in TOR? He could have come up with some cloning device, right?
Back to top Go down
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Selven
Class: Jedi Consular

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 1:26 am

Grome wrote:
HDubNZ wrote:
that and then the reveal scene when you found out you are Revan...I mean, sure you could see it coming but it was still pretty powerful.
Back then I got spoilered to that part and I knew before even picking up the game that I was gonna play Revan. Man, that sucks, I'll never know how it feels like to find out in the moment. Although... maybe we will all turn out to be Revan again in TOR? He could have come up with some cloning device, right?

Omg, don't say that! I just recently accepted I'll never see him again and there you go ripping up old wounds! Shocked

------------

Ok, so I'm not that much of a geek. (or am I?)

geek
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 1:28 am

Grome wrote:
Although... maybe we will all turn out to be Revan again in TOR? He could have come up with some cloning device, right?

You really like the sea of QQ that is the official forum don't you.

My Revan was the best. Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? - Page 3 362232
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 2:05 am

Grome wrote:
Although... maybe we will all turn out to be Revan again in TOR? He could have come up with some cloning device, right?

Seeing as all 8 stories basically interweave near the end, it's highly doubtful you're Revan.

Besides, that's also very retarded, I find anyway Razz I don't hate Revan, but I didn't really connect to the character with how he's portrayed in canon. Was certainly fun to play him in KOTOR though. Smile

I do remember them confirming that both Revan and Exile (during TOROCASTS play by play of the E3 debacle..I think) will be seen in a type of flash back in a flashpoint kind of deal, though obviously we've had Revan mentioned already in a video.
Back to top Go down
Lugaidh
Incurable smartass
Lugaidh

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 2:15 am

HDubNZ wrote:
Vote for Both - didn't play galaxies but loved KOTOR (and KOTOR II as unfinished as it was). I remember starting KOTOR for the first time (pre-wife of course haha) and having the opening credits roll knowing you are the character being talked about - one of my most memorable moments in gaming without question...that and then the reveal scene when you found out you are Revan...I mean, sure you could see it coming but it was still pretty powerful.

Love the original trilogy and I mean the original, that came out when I was five and finished when I was twelve - as is, untouched, no Hayden Christiansen waving in the second to last scene lol...

There will be those MMO hoppers looking for the next game they can try and run straight to end game on so they can compare gear and e-peens and there will be others who are determined to find the WoW killer only to be disappointed and vocally unhappy when this game isn't it in the first two days of release....sigh...have we all met these people? Then there will be us...hopeful, patient, thoughtful and looking to build a great community in a great game.

I'm with ya brotha on every point! (same age and same SW experience) And the haden christiansen insert.. bleh!
Back to top Go down
Lugaidh
Incurable smartass
Lugaidh

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 2:16 am

Selven wrote:
Grome wrote:
HDubNZ wrote:

Omg, don't say that! I just recently accepted I'll never see him again and there you go ripping up old wounds! Shocked

------------

Ok, so I'm not that much of a geek. (or am I?)

geek

Sorry you're a bit of a geek.. Welcome to the club!!
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 3:40 am

Everyone's Revan! Noone is! Whatever.

Haha, it's not like I was seriously considering that we all be Revan again Wink
Back to top Go down
HDubNZ

HDubNZ

Ingame Characters
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 10:41 am

Lugaidh wrote:

I'm with ya brotha on every point! (same age and same SW experience) And the haden christiansen insert.. bleh!

On reflection - Mark Hamill's portrayal of Luke was pretty whiny so it stood to reason that Anakin was whiny too...but Dark Lord or not I just wanted to slap the sulky little sod sometimes in the prequel trilogy!!!

It almost dishonours David Prowse and James Earl Jones!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The R.I.G. :: General Discussion - Talk about anything SW:TOR-
Jump to:  
This site is in not endorsed by or affiliated with LucasArts, BioWare, or Electronic Arts.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. LucasArts, the LucasArts logo, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks in the United States and/or in other countries of Lucasfilm Ltd.
and/or its affiliates. © 2008-2010 Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. or Lucasfilm Ltd. All Rights Reserved. BioWare and the BioWare logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd.
You may not copy any images, videos or sound clips found on this site or „deep link‟ to any image, video or sound clip directly.Game content and materials copyright LICENSOR. All Rights Reserved.
Make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com