The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DC Universe: Online

Go down 
+2
Calvillanous
DaStar
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DaStar

DaStar

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Da'Star Trebor-Zar
Class: Sith Warrior
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

DC Universe: Online Empty
PostSubject: DC Universe: Online   DC Universe: Online I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 3:19 am

Well guys, as a BIG time comic book nerd from the 80s till late 90s (Damn you Rob Liefeld! cept for you did create Deedpool,, not too shabby) I must confess, That I am excited about this title.

I Just got it today (released on 1/11/11) I should have it installed and running later tonight after I get out of work. I will let you guys know how it is If you like. Was there anyone else around also playing this game? its out on the PC and PS3 so its the first mmo multi-platform for the PS3 I believe. I will be playing this on my PC. Can't bring myself to play a MMORPG on my consoles. Anyway wish me luck on Working with Lex Luthor and The Joker to make the world a better place.
Back to top Go down
Calvillanous

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe: Online   DC Universe: Online I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 3:24 am

I'm interested in your take on the game ... Tee & (I believe) Cold said that it wasn't worth the effort.

One of them said "SOE has dropped a new Turd"

Back to top Go down
DaStar

DaStar

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Da'Star Trebor-Zar
Class: Sith Warrior

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe: Online   DC Universe: Online I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 7:00 am

Calvillanous wrote:
I'm interested in your take on the game ... Tee & (I believe) Cold said that it wasn't worth the effort.

One of them said "SOE has dropped a new Turd"

Now the last time I listened to what Tee and Cold said to me, I think I headed into a room full of shock Troppers in the Cor'Vette run with my Fencer/pistoleer to see what killed them. Needless to say I joined them dead guys as well very quickly. So I think I will try this on my own. lol. I love them guys (Nert Ghay)

well taking quite awhile to download then new updates. Still have not gottento play the game. Have seen lots of Artwork by Jim Lee though. Maybe this IS the game!
Back to top Go down
Aldemarran

Aldemarran

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Agent Redacted
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Redacted

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe: Online   DC Universe: Online I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 1:25 pm

Having only played a little of it myself I can only give a couple of quick highlights.

1. No more clown suits! You choose your colors at character creation and all your gear conforms to that standard.

2. Everyone gets both ranged and melee, which should lead (IMHO) to fewer balancing issues down the road.

3. Unlike CoH/V there's a lot of depth to the Skill / Power Trees. Me like.

Now for the part that I expect will create a love/hate relationship with the game.
4. Actual game play is kind of like Diablo but with button combinations thrown in.

This makes combat much more involved than most MMOs I've tried. There is no auto-attack. There are both powers (press number keys) as well as basic attacks (left-click for melee, right click for ranged) and then there are skills or combos. Combos (thus far) mean pressing the mouse buttons in the correct sequence and often holding the final click to create special attacks. You choose which combos when you spend your skill points. Skill trees look as deep as power trees.

For the first couple of levels I've found combos to be more important than powers.

Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe: Online   DC Universe: Online I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 5:28 pm

Hmm,

Um Stra...love ya to death (Ghey), I'm not into the "Super Duper Hero" games, thus...no SOE poo for me pimp Wink
Back to top Go down
Calvillanous

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe: Online   DC Universe: Online I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 12:25 am

How are you paying for Galaxies then?
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe: Online   DC Universe: Online I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 10:01 am

gritting my teeth together....

every day....

You read the screenies of Mazi's memorial....I have kept my accounts alive in SWG to honor him....once TOR launches, and we have the bulk of the original crazies berk, I am washing my hands of SWG (and SOE)...

Maz' was one of my best friends in the Crazies and SWG....I have to honor that friendship...

Thats why I'm, still there...
Back to top Go down
Calvillanous

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe: Online   DC Universe: Online I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 2:17 pm

No Schwen, I mean how are you paying the subscription/ thru a SOE station account or is there some other way I'm unaware of?
Back to top Go down
Coldhart

Coldhart

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe: Online   DC Universe: Online I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 3:47 pm

meh, playing the beta felt like I was playing GTA with super heroes. The whole city free roam thing and go do this next cheesy quest just didn't appeal to me. Not to mention SOE is already screwing the pooch with their support as expected. Have you seen the boards. People are already pissed off at the game and SOE's lack of cooperation...already people wanting their money back.

And if you need anything from customer support for SWG, don't even bother. They're closing departments to pull those CSR's over for DC Universe. That's how bad it's going with DCUO
Back to top Go down
http://www.craziesoftor.guildportal.com
JedinWaiting

JedinWaiting

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe: Online   DC Universe: Online I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 7:09 am

I've read some stuff on the game and I personally thought it looked pretty fun. I'm not really into the whole superhero MMO scene though, even though I'm a HUGE Batman fan and stuff...just doesn't feel like my kind of MMO.

On the other hand though I hope you enjoy it. Bet it would be a nice MMO to tide you over at the very least and at the very best maybe you'll forget about SWTOR for a while eh? : )

Anyone playing is welcome to use the RIG vent channel. If you don't already have the password just send me a PM.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe: Online   DC Universe: Online I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DC Universe: Online
Page 1 of 1