The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Daniel Erickson on the Treaty of Coruscant

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

Daniel Erickson on the Treaty of Coruscant Empty
PostSubject: Daniel Erickson on the Treaty of Coruscant   Daniel Erickson on the Treaty of Coruscant I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 6:31 pm

Quote :

DanielErickson

Hey folks,

There are some facts about the Treaty of Coruscant that are well known in the universe of The Old Republic... and many questions.

What do people know?

--Despite numerous setbacks the Empire was still clearly stronger before the Treaty discussions. Optimistic claims by Republic historians that the Empire was running out of manpower have a grain of truth but the Empire had just started razing conquered lands instead of capturing and holding them.

--The Republic Senate was shocked when Imperial Diplomats announced that the Emperor desired peace. They were suspicious but too far back on their heels to refuse.

--The Treaty discussions were to be held on Alderaan. Sensing a trap, the Senate required the vast majority of its best Jedi to attend. Calls from a few Jedi about the danger of leaving other places undefended were largely ignored.

--During the Treaty discussions on Alderaan the Empire attacked Coruscant in a complicated raid that had clearly taken years to plan. They demolished the Jedi temple and bombed many of the major manufacturing and cultural landmarks on the planet.

--With Coruscant at their mercy the Empire demanded the Republic sign the Treaty before them without negotiation.

--The Treaty of Coruscant isn't a particularly punishing document for a conquered people. Imperial held space stays Imperial and Republic held space stays Republic. Neither commits acts of violence in either space. Neutral space has no particular restrictions although a clause calls for "reasonable restraint" in such cases.

--The only strange clause in the Treaty of Coruscant is the ceding of several small, mostly uninhabited and unimportant star systems to the Empire.

--The Republic was horrified at the Sacking of Coruscant, puzzled by the lack of harshness in the Treaty and generally left confused and shaken.

--The vast majority of the rank and file Sith were under the impression that the Alderaan Treaty discussions were a feint and were outraged when they were forced to walk away from Coruscant and the war in what they saw as their greatest triumph. The upcoming Darth Malgus book, Deceived, does a good job of covering this time period.

What don't people know?

--Was it really the Emperor who called for the Treaty? If so, why? If not, who else could? The Emperor has still never been seen by any member of the Republic and was not at the Treaty signing.

--If the Treaty wasn't harsh, why sack Corsucant to assure it's quick signing?

--Why ask for those few star systems?

Conspiracy theories abound across both the Republic and the Empire.

Hope that helps!
Daniel :csw_r2d2:

Some pretty interesting information, really want to dive in and see how this effects the game, and makes me want to read Deceived.
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Erickson on the Treaty of Coruscant   Daniel Erickson on the Treaty of Coruscant I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 10:28 pm

Quote :
The Republic was horrified at the Sacking of Coruscant, puzzled by the lack of harshness in the Treaty and generally left confused and shaken.

They aren't the only one...

I have the feeling the whole thing will feel a bit like "forced" storywise.
Back to top Go down
Lednik

Lednik

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Erickson on the Treaty of Coruscant   Daniel Erickson on the Treaty of Coruscant I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 8:42 am

May be the key to the mystery is hidden somewhere on those small unimportant star systems the Empire wanted. My guess is they have found something very valuable there and needed time and resources to explore it without Republic military interfering. It makes sense to me.
Back to top Go down
Aohh

Aohh

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Aohh Soleil Noir
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: N/A

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Erickson on the Treaty of Coruscant   Daniel Erickson on the Treaty of Coruscant I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 5:30 pm

I vote for a scheme planned by Revan. Why this guy can't just die like everyone else?
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Erickson on the Treaty of Coruscant   Daniel Erickson on the Treaty of Coruscant I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 7:57 pm

Aohh wrote:
I vote for a scheme planned by Revan. Why this guy can't just die like everyone else?

I think he is dead, just that he may have found something he was trying to keep from the Emperor. Possibly something the Exile was helping him with if she ever found him.

Treaty could be, as said above, tactic to buy time to figure it out.
Back to top Go down
Abslom-dak

Abslom-dak

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Cairo Jones
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Knights of the Red Tower

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Erickson on the Treaty of Coruscant   Daniel Erickson on the Treaty of Coruscant I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 9:13 pm

The way of the Sith is the way of deception.
They will know the Republic will be focused on these star systems. I urge all from the order to be vigilant.
This will be a ruse or a trap, and as a wise man once said "The first rule in avoiding a trap is to recognize its existence".

Although, during the Mandalorian war several artifacts of Sith origin began to surface in the markets and bazaars of the Outer rim.
These artifacts were said to have come from certain "uninhabited and unimportant star systems", including Candaspis in the Cambalau system.

Also, I heard that Revan was a female!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Erickson on the Treaty of Coruscant   Daniel Erickson on the Treaty of Coruscant I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Daniel Erickson on the Treaty of Coruscant
Page 1 of 1