The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Strictly offensive

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Quince

Quince

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Qint B'san
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

Strictly offensive Empty
PostSubject: Strictly offensive   Strictly offensive I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 1:34 am

So, someone at Sony Online decided that my main character's name on SWG is offensive and has deactivated that character until I can submit an acceptable name to change it to. Originally my transdoshan smuggler was named Nigs Q'tal, but it was changed to Niigs Q'tal when I moved the character from Gorath to Starsider, because the "name was already taken". No one ever complained about the name before when I submitted help tickets nor when I transferred to another server, but suddenly now it's bad. I'm not so dense as to not see what the name might imply, but it's opening up a huge can of worms. Words that can mean one thing to one person can mean something entirely different to another. Needless to say I am disappointed at being forced to change names, especially since I never considered that that name might be similar to a derogatory slang term.
Back to top Go down

Strictly offensive
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The R.I.G. :: Off Topic-
Jump to:  
This site is in not endorsed by or affiliated with LucasArts, BioWare, or Electronic Arts.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. LucasArts, the LucasArts logo, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks in the United States and/or in other countries of Lucasfilm Ltd.
and/or its affiliates. © 2008-2010 Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. or Lucasfilm Ltd. All Rights Reserved. BioWare and the BioWare logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd.
You may not copy any images, videos or sound clips found on this site or „deep link‟ to any image, video or sound clip directly.Game content and materials copyright LICENSOR. All Rights Reserved.
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com