The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Greetings from CRR_Kathy

Go down 
+7
SandsS
Schwendo
Selven
Sylrah
Ty-Odi
Kai-Sun
CRR_Kathy
11 posters
AuthorMessage
CRR_Kathy

CRR_Kathy

Greetings from CRR_Kathy Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from CRR_Kathy   Greetings from CRR_Kathy I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 5:41 pm

Hi everyone Smile I just found you guys, and I'm loving what I'm seeing here. Great community you have started.

Wow, I saw Ty-Odi's "old school style community" thread for the first time today, and I have to say, I got a little misty! There were two things that really struck me about that thread:

1. This is exactly in line with what I long for in a gaming community. I feel like I had that once in WoW, but somewhere along the way it really got corrupted to the point where I just stopped playing.
    2. I am almost shocked at the overall positive-ness of the entire thread. People put stuff out there all the time, and in that cold, dangerous world of the official SWTOR forums, you almost expect to see people pooping on any idea.

So, kudos, Ty-Odi, for putting forth an eloquent call for something a large part of the SWTOR community obviously longs for.

I don't know if anyone here listens to Mos Eisley Radio, but I was a guest in their most recent podcast and we got to talking about PvP and I made the observation that these smaller groups are great for grouping with your friends, but then it will also be harder to hide the fact that you might not be so great at PvP. Zach and Brooks immediately responded by saying that shouldn't bother you if your focus is on building a community, helping each other, and treating people, as Brooks said, "like human beings."

That really struck home at the time. And for me to stumble across your wonderful thread in the horrible awful no-good official forums today gives me such hope for SWTOR.

Looking forward to getting to know you all better. If you're ever looking for a new SWTOR podcast, come check out Corellian Run Radio sometime (not the first episode, it's super awkward and amateur-ish Shocked ).
Back to top Go down
http://www.corellianrun.com
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from CRR_Kathy   Greetings from CRR_Kathy I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 5:45 pm

CRR_Kathy wrote:

Looking forward to getting to know you all better. If you're ever looking for a new SWTOR podcast, come check out Corellian Run Radio sometime (not the first episode, it's super awkward and amateur-ish Shocked ).

Welcome to the community! Looking forward to checking out your site Smile

Though when I see your name on here the first thing that pops up is Creedence Clearwater Revival...which isn't a bad thing!

And two, can your podcasts do the kessel run in under 12 parsecs? Smile

Last edited by Kai-Sun on Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Ty-Odi
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: To Be Confirmed.....

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from CRR_Kathy   Greetings from CRR_Kathy I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 5:45 pm

Awesome to have you aboard Smile

If you know of anyone else who you think would like to join us feel completely free to invite them Wink

I have to say I am still stunned at how awesome everyone is here on the boards, and yes, so positive too, let alone talented, check out the fan art section!!

Dang....

Lol Smile
Back to top Go down
https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk
Sylrah

Sylrah

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from CRR_Kathy   Greetings from CRR_Kathy I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 5:49 pm

Welcome and greeting from the Sylly-meister right back at ya.

*liiiicks*
Back to top Go down
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Selven
Class: Jedi Consular

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from CRR_Kathy   Greetings from CRR_Kathy I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 5:54 pm

Welcome Kathy!

Your post reflects how I felt when first finding Ty's thread and it wasn't even 10 pages back then. I was sure it would be a magnet for trolls and I personally rolled up my sleeves, ready to "fight". To my surprise it never really got anywhere save for promoting what the OP was all about. I'm amazed at the amount of great people responding Smile
Back to top Go down
CRR_Kathy

CRR_Kathy

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from CRR_Kathy   Greetings from CRR_Kathy I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 6:56 pm

Kai-Sun wrote:

Though when I see your name on here the first thing that pops up is Creedence Clearwater Revival...which isn't a bad thing!

1) Ha! I am actually old enough to remember CCR in their hey day.

2) And of course we can. Wink

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from CRR_Kathy   Greetings from CRR_Kathy I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 7:16 pm

Kai-Sun wrote:
CRR_Kathy wrote:

Welcome to the community! Looking forward to checking out your site Smile

Kathy!

Welcome! You are 100% correct about the forum. Its a breath of fresh air to not be whined at every 3rd post, lol...Hope you enjoy the company, and goofiness in here!

Oh, and Kai...you had me at, "12 parsecs"... Smile

*hums some Creedence..."ooh suuuzie q....doo doo doo doodoo"..*
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from CRR_Kathy   Greetings from CRR_Kathy I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 7:21 pm

Schwendo wrote:

Oh, and Kai...you had me at, "12 parsecs"... Smile

*hums some Creedence..."ooh suuuzie q....doo doo doo doodoo"..*

/Smuggler hat

"doo doo doo looking out my bay doors!"

I think I just got my inspiration for my Smuggler character I was looking for!
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from CRR_Kathy   Greetings from CRR_Kathy I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 7:29 pm

Hilarious!
Back to top Go down
SandsS

SandsS

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Odium

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from CRR_Kathy   Greetings from CRR_Kathy I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Welcome, Kathy! There were some rough patches in the beginning of the community thread, but then it all smoothed out and we've been able to keep it pretty positive ever since. I'll be sure to check out your podcast. Glad to have you.
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from CRR_Kathy   Greetings from CRR_Kathy I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 10:18 pm

Welcome Kathy,

Quote :
2. I am almost shocked at the overall positive-ness of the entire thread. People put stuff out there all the time, and in that cold, dangerous world of the official SWTOR forums, you almost expect to see people pooping on any idea.

lol

I think they are just scared, I saw 1 or 2 people trying, but they didn't comeback. In fact, it's probably shows that if we get enough positiveness on a server we will succeed...
Back to top Go down
Variable
That Handsome Devil
Variable

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Soloman Bokur
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Reign

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from CRR_Kathy   Greetings from CRR_Kathy I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 10:24 pm

Welcome to the fun, Kathy. Awesome to have you aboard Smile

I too am amazed but the uninterrupted positive sentiment we've stirred up here.
Back to top Go down
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Selven
Class: Jedi Consular

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from CRR_Kathy   Greetings from CRR_Kathy I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 10:42 pm

azarhal wrote:
Welcome Kathy,

Quote :

lol

I think they are just scared, I saw 1 or 2 people trying, but they didn't comeback. In fact, it's probably shows that if we get enough positiveness on a server we will succeed...

My thoughts exactly Smile
Back to top Go down
archifikos

archifikos

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from CRR_Kathy   Greetings from CRR_Kathy I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 7:38 pm

Welcome! Good to have you on board Greetings from CRR_Kathy 680714
Back to top Go down
ShavedEwok

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from CRR_Kathy   Greetings from CRR_Kathy I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 12:53 pm

Hello Kathy and welcome! Smile

Nice to see you made it over here.

Btw, kudos and thanks for the great work you guys do on the CRR podcast! Smile

Cheers

SE
Back to top Go down
CRR_Kathy

CRR_Kathy

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from CRR_Kathy   Greetings from CRR_Kathy I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 2:35 pm

ShavedEwok wrote:
Hello Kathy and welcome! Smile

Nice to see you made it over here.

Btw, kudos and thanks for the great work you guys do on the CRR podcast! Smile

Thank you so much. Carla and I have had a great time collaborating on the podcast. The SWTOR podcasting community was extremely welcoming and helpful to us from the very beginning, something we didn't expect. It feels like such a privilege to be a part of a great group of people.

I put a little plug in for you guys in our forums. Hope it helps to spread the word. http://corellianrun.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=344
Back to top Go down
SandsS

SandsS

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild: Odium

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from CRR_Kathy   Greetings from CRR_Kathy I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 7:44 pm

CRR_Kathy wrote:
I put a little plug in for you guys in our forums. Hope it helps to spread the word. http://corellianrun.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=344

Expressing "undying love" may not mean much in such a positive community, but thank you for the coverage! I love you
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from CRR_Kathy   Greetings from CRR_Kathy I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 8:53 pm

Thank you for that "plug" Cathy!! Mucho appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from CRR_Kathy   Greetings from CRR_Kathy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings from CRR_Kathy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The R.I.G. :: Hello & Welcome :) :: Members Area - A Chance to say hi, and introduce yourselves-
Jump to:  
This site is in not endorsed by or affiliated with LucasArts, BioWare, or Electronic Arts.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. LucasArts, the LucasArts logo, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks in the United States and/or in other countries of Lucasfilm Ltd.
and/or its affiliates. © 2008-2010 Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. or Lucasfilm Ltd. All Rights Reserved. BioWare and the BioWare logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd.
You may not copy any images, videos or sound clips found on this site or „deep link‟ to any image, video or sound clip directly.Game content and materials copyright LICENSOR. All Rights Reserved.
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com