The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kia Ora from New Zealand

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
HDubNZ

HDubNZ

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kaya Jun
Class:
Guild:

Kia Ora from New Zealand Empty
PostSubject: Kia Ora from New Zealand   Kia Ora from New Zealand I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 6:29 am

Thank you to all RIG members for your concern over the recent Earthquake in Christchurch in the South Island of New Zealand.

Our death toll is at 166 as of today with still over 200 officially missing.

My older brother was in the city centre of Christchurch when the quake hit. He avoided falling debris by about 50 yards. His wife was also in the centre city but was safe too. The church across the road collapsed with people in it. They found their three children at school and University shortly thereafter.

His house is trashed inside but still standing and there was serious liquefaction in the ground outside. His children are currently in Auckland (our largest city in the North Island) to help them cope.

His is a story like many others. For those that lost loved ones however, including those that haven't located or identified theirs, it is hell on earth. Two confirmed deaths were a five month old baby, Baxtor and a nine month old baby, Jayden. The paper ran a picture of Baxtor in a Santa suit from Christmas that was similar to the one we got for my now 8 month old son. I couldn't look at the picture too long or read the story. I was visibly in tears in the lunch room.

Yesterday was Red and Black day. Those are the colours of Canterbury, the province in which the quake happened. We are raising money and people are opening their hearts and homes. This is the country we forgot we were. I am so thankful that we got help in and deployed Army, Police and other emergency services immediately and there are very few that haven't received assistance. When you compare it to Haiti or New Orleans then I feel fortunate to be a Kiwi.

I am thankful for my brother and his family being safe. But my heart is heavy and my country is hurting. Thank you to all other nations including US, Australia, UK, Taiwan, China, Japan, Singapore and those others that sent people, money and equipment.

Rise up Christchurch. We are all with you.

Thank you to RIG - I know I've been away a while but you all reminded me why I joined.
Back to top Go down
Darka

Darka

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Modos
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Force Academy

PostSubject: Re: Kia Ora from New Zealand   Kia Ora from New Zealand I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 9:50 am

I know many in my guild donated, and many from the TOR community did too
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Ty-Odi
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: To Be Confirmed.....

PostSubject: Re: Kia Ora from New Zealand   Kia Ora from New Zealand I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 3:44 pm

Just glad your safe mate.

What happened was terrible, and I truly do feel for anyone who was unforuanate enough to loose someone, and for those who lost those two small babies, thats heartbreking beyond belief Sad

I wish all my Kiwi brethren the very best, and to let you know my thoughts are with you all.
Back to top Go down
https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kia Ora from New Zealand   Kia Ora from New Zealand I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kia Ora from New Zealand
Page 1 of 1