Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

Class Story and Group Story Empty
PostSubject: Class Story and Group Story   Class Story and Group Story I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 11:39 pm

Posted by Stephen Reid

We're all getting a little confused. Including me! Well, it's hard not to be - this thread seems to be about a million different things. Also, I am still functioning at 75% post-PAX efficiency. So, I did some research and we can clear this up a little better.

The Old Republic has a lot of different types of quests that make up the entire story of the game. All of these will interweave to make up your final play experience.

Your 'Class Story' is the storyline that specifically relates to you as a Jedi Knight, Bounty Hunter, or whatever you're playing. Quests that advance your class story in important, decisive ways are instanced. During those instances (which are generally short, and do not make up the majority of the game world) you get to make story-defining choices. If anyone else is with you in that story instance, they do not get to make choices that would affect your story. (In fact, they can't even enter the instance unless you're grouped together.)

Outside of Class Story instances, we have World Quests, Flashpoints and Heroic Quests. In those, if grouped, your choices will be dictated by the decision the group makes. So, to put it bluntly, if you never want to see a decision taken by someone else - well, the final solution is to not group.

That's kind of extreme, though, and we want you to group because that's part of the fun of any MMO. So, the choices that are presented to you in Flashpoints, for example, are not so critical that you should ever feel your entire game story has been destroyed by one dice roll. (However, you should hopefully enjoy the unfolding story that may go some interesting places due to other players. That's the fun of an MMO.)

Your over-arching Class Story, which has the most critical set of decisions you'll make in the game, is never affected by other people. That's a deliberate design decision, to ensure that the 'big moments' in your story are guided by you and you alone. Here you truly are 'Master of your Story'.

Hope that clears things up a bit, and sorry if I caused some confusion.

So, fear not! That big decision is always and forever yours, friends may come with but can't fubar your class story.
Back to top Go down
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Looking for

PostSubject: Re: Class Story and Group Story   Class Story and Group Story I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 12:48 am

They have been very explicit about this all along. Why do people have such a hard time wrapping their brains around this?
Back to top Go down
Aldemarran

Aldemarran

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Agent Redacted
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Redacted

PostSubject: Re: Class Story and Group Story   Class Story and Group Story I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 3:41 am

Godric_Barbarosa wrote:
They have been very explicit about this all along. Why do people have such a hard time wrapping their brains around this?

You want to know what's wrong with society today?
Its full of people.

Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: Class Story and Group Story   Class Story and Group Story I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 4:33 am

I know, but, can't we just deport all the dumb people in the world to some...um..other planet?? I'm not trying to sound like a "Social Darwinist" or anything. Some place nice....Like maybe Venus?

Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Class Story and Group Story   Class Story and Group Story I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 12:49 pm

Godric_Barbarosa wrote:

Mostly posted it since some people don't know or still misunderstand it, and this is the biggest post I've seen from Bioware on it so I figured it wouldn't hurt to put it up.

Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Class Story and Group Story   Class Story and Group Story I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 3:14 pm

Kai,

I'm glad you postd it bro. They are just trying to clarify things (a GOOD thing).

DW Kai, you won't be on the "shuttle to Venus". Smile

Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Class Story and Group Story   Class Story and Group Story I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 4:36 pm

Schwendo wrote:
Kai,

I'm glad you postd it bro. They are just trying to clarify things (a GOOD thing).

DW Kai, you won't be on the "shuttle to Venus". Smile

Why not?

/NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Ty-Odi
Guild: To Be Confirmed.....

PostSubject: Re: Class Story and Group Story   Class Story and Group Story I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 9:12 am

I was wondering why I recieved a one way ticket to Venus.....

Now I know.......lol Razz

But yeah, nice find Kai, though I kinda figured this would be how it would work, nice to have it just wrapped up and confirmed in one nice post Smile

Class Story and Group Story Tyodisig1copygj8er6
Back to top Go down
https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Class Story and Group Story   Class Story and Group Story I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 5:54 pm

Muuuahhahahaa

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Class Story and Group Story   Class Story and Group Story I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Class Story and Group Story
Page 1 of 1