The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guten Tag!

Go down 
+6
Ty-Odi
Schwendo
Kai-Sun
Horeon
azarhal
Darth Kindread
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Darth Kindread

Darth Kindread

Guten Tag! Empty
PostSubject: Guten Tag!   Guten Tag! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 5:50 am

Hello RiG!

I go by Kindread, I am 25 years old, a Veteran, and currently reside in San Diego CA. I work full time, go to school full time and spend most of my free time either physically training for things like half marathons or glued to my computer screen praying that the gaming God's have mercy on us for the quick release of TOR. Razz

I have been apart of the TOR guild "REIGN" since the holidays and through them have been introduced to the RiG community and movement. After getting a chance to poke around a little bit, I've been very impressed with what I have seen here.

As far as my gaming is concerned, I would say it is an even mix of MMO RPG styles and First Person Shooters. I usually will find and latch onto only one or two games at a time that truly captivate my interest instead of playing multiples. I will admit I played WoW for approximately 7 months and really overall did not enjoy the experience. When playing a game ends up feeling more like a second job rather than an escape to a world where the impossible is possible, there is something seriously wrong.

Finally some personal info about myself, My great x10 grandfather was William the Conqueror, so I have a bit of Viking blood in my veins! I currently am earning my Bachelor's of Science in Kinesiology (emphasis in fitness and health) to earn my commission as a Naval Officer, to wit I will return and finish another 16-18 years of service HOPEFULLY within the Naval Special Warfare Community - God willing.

Thank you all for your time, and allowing me the opportunity to say hello!
Back to top Go down
http://www.reignguild.net
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Maybe Serenity

Guten Tag! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guten Tag!   Guten Tag! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 11:33 am

Hello Kindread and welcome.

Have a cookie.
Back to top Go down
Horeon
(Re)Public Enemy
Horeon

Guten Tag! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guten Tag!   Guten Tag! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 12:40 pm

Have two cookies.
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

Guten Tag! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guten Tag!   Guten Tag! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 12:51 pm

Act now and you get THREE cookies for the price of two!
Back to top Go down
Darth Kindread

Darth Kindread

Guten Tag! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guten Tag!   Guten Tag! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 12:56 pm

Kai-Sun wrote:
Act now and you get THREE cookies for the price of two!

Cookies? That's it.. I'm sold!
Back to top Go down
http://www.reignguild.net
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

Guten Tag! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guten Tag!   Guten Tag! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 3:00 pm

Guten Tag Herr DK! Wie gehts es dir?

Wilkommen zu RiG!
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Guild: Serenity

Guten Tag! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guten Tag!   Guten Tag! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 4:37 pm

Schwendo wrote:
Herr DK!

Say it carefully.
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Ty-Odi
Guild: To Be Confirmed.....

Guten Tag! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guten Tag!   Guten Tag! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 9:20 am

Welcome Kindread!! Smile

Though a little history correction for you Smile William the conquorer was not Viking, he was Norman, a group of germanic people from the north of France/Belgium/West Germany.

Sorry i can trace my own family tree back to William the Conquoror as well, not him directly, but my family came over to England in 1066 with him, and our name is on the Bayeux tapestry that was made to celebrate the victory.

Strange as well, as our family were from the South of France, which were nothing to do with the Normans at that time? So not quite sure why we came over to fight alongside him? lol. My Grandfather did a whole family tree search and tried for many years to figure that out, but what ever the reason was, it would appear to be lost to history now sadly. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk
Aldemarran

Aldemarran

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Agent Redacted
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Redacted

Guten Tag! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guten Tag!   Guten Tag! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 12:21 pm

Ty-Odi wrote:
Sorry i can trace my own family tree back to William the Conquoror as well, not him directly, but my family came over to England in 1066 with him, and our name is on the Bayeux tapestry that was made to celebrate the victory.

At last, at long last! I finally have someone to exact vengeance upon! I had a perfectly good germanic language until your lot won the battle of Hastings. No man should be required to learn to spell this mess!!!
lol!
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters

Guten Tag! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guten Tag!   Guten Tag! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 12:58 pm

Lol Ald Smile

Actually at that time England spoke a very weird combination language of Saxon (Germanic) Anglo (Known as Angles) also Germanic) And Nordic (from the Vikings) mixed in with our own Olde English (still spoken in Wales and parts of Cornwall). Oh and Latin…….Yeah English today is actually a very muddle and basterdised language taken from a large number of sources. You actually still see an awful of similarities to this day to those languages if you look hard enough.

It is why many scholars believe it is so easy for so many nations to pick up and understand English. It has a base in their own languages, and especially Germanic which came in different waves first with the Angles, and then later with the Saxons. English and German is actually very similar in many respects. Only their use of masculine/feminine etc is different, we don’t use it in English thank god, lol.

And the Normans who came over spoke a strange French/Germanic hybrid language. It is why for the most part we never ended up speaking French lol, we maintained most of our original language and only a few words from French became common everyday words in the English language.

English is in fact for the most part still a Germanic language, and probably in many regards closer to the original Germanic language than that now spoke in present day Germany, as the Germans language was heavily changed and modified by the Austro-Hungarians and the Russians. Language and its historical origins is quite interesting lol.

Back to top Go down
Aldemarran

Aldemarran

Ingame Characters

Guten Tag! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guten Tag!   Guten Tag! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 4:25 am

I took "History of the English Language" in college, so yeah, we do have an interesting language. Most of the problems with inconsistent grammar and spelling came from the blending of 2 separate language families, Germanic and Romance. If only we'd stuck to one family English wouldn't be quite so goated (Selven profanity filter activated). Of course it might not have become THE dominant world language, but that could just be socio-economic pressures.

BTW, its really quite surprising how many words we have from both families. And (because those dirty-nasty French won Wink ) most of the better/nicer words came from French and most of the simpler/coarser words came from the Germanic origin. A couple example pairs:
House - Mansion
Stool - Chair
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters

Guten Tag! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guten Tag!   Guten Tag! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 10:29 am

I know it is weird just how many words and sentences etc are still so similar to this day.

Especially between English and Germanic at least phonetically anyways.

Example

Sister-Schwester

Brother-Bruder

Mother-Mutter

Father-Vater

And you also have to thank the good old Germanics and the French for our language, because lets be fair, it could have been a WHOLE lot worse, lol, and we could now still be speaking Welsh/Cornish……./shudder.

Some examples of welsh….

Road-ar y ffyrdd

Path-llwybr

City-ddinas

And so on, and no, don’t ask me how you pronounce them? Lol, their written language does not even make sense to me, let alone the spoken one? Haha. And this is the actual original English language or as close as you can get to it, that we all spoke back in the days of pre-history. So yeah, be thankful we 1st had the Romans bring us the latin part of our language, then the germans who gave us the base of our language, then of course the French who basically beautified out language to a degree. Otherwise we too could be speaking a language which clearly does not appreciate the lack of need to add in double lettering such as two d’s and two f’s or two l’s at the beginning of words? I mean really?........Lol.
Back to top Go down
Aldemarran

Aldemarran

Ingame Characters

Guten Tag! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guten Tag!   Guten Tag! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 1:14 pm

Could be worse alright, we could speak Hungarian! You have to change the conjugation of the verb based on whether the object is definite or indefinite. For instance the word "cut" changes depending on if I'm cutting "an apple" or "the apple". Example:

I'm cutting an apple from the plate. cut = levágok
I'm cutting the apple on top of the plate. cut = levágom

That was definitely the hardest part of learning that language!
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters

Guten Tag! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guten Tag!   Guten Tag! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 2:31 pm

Hey Alde,

Do you think we have hijacked this thread enough yet? Smile

hehe.
Back to top Go down
Wetworks

Wetworks

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild: Unsure-Republic

Guten Tag! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guten Tag!   Guten Tag! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 5:31 pm

Howdy Darth Kindread, welcome on!

Guten Tag! 756107
Back to top Go down
Mongo

Mongo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Mongo
Class: Sith Warrior
Guild: Crazies

Guten Tag! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guten Tag!   Guten Tag! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 7:42 pm

Ty-Odi wrote:
Hey Alde,

hehe.
Mongo can speak pigs latin
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

Guten Tag! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guten Tag!   Guten Tag! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 2:28 am

I'm sorry, I'm too lazy to read the ongoing discussion.

Have n+1 cookies! (n being the amount last offered to you)

Hello!
Back to top Go down
Aldemarran

Aldemarran

Ingame Characters

Guten Tag! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guten Tag!   Guten Tag! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 3:38 am

Ty-Odi wrote:
Hey Alde,

hehe.

Heck no, he hasn't paid the ransom yet! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

Guten Tag! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guten Tag!   Guten Tag! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 11:09 pm

*run's around the thread with "nerf Jihad bombs(tm)" strapped to his chest*

We....are...tak-ing...over...this thread!! LALAALALALALALALAALALALALAA!
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

Guten Tag! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guten Tag!   Guten Tag! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 11:14 pm

Time for an old classic:

it reigned here yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

Guten Tag! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guten Tag!   Guten Tag! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 11:18 pm

roflmao! Don't get me started on those again, Grome....hehe....

Guten Tag! 44873 < "To a dark place, this treigning will take us..."
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

Guten Tag! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guten Tag!   Guten Tag! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 11:24 pm

I think Yoda would agree that a Jedi needs not only the force but also breigns.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Guten Tag! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guten Tag!   Guten Tag! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guten Tag!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The R.I.G. :: Hello & Welcome :) :: Members Area - A Chance to say hi, and introduce yourselves-
Jump to:  
This site is in not endorsed by or affiliated with LucasArts, BioWare, or Electronic Arts.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. LucasArts, the LucasArts logo, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks in the United States and/or in other countries of Lucasfilm Ltd.
and/or its affiliates. © 2008-2010 Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. or Lucasfilm Ltd. All Rights Reserved. BioWare and the BioWare logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd.
You may not copy any images, videos or sound clips found on this site or „deep link‟ to any image, video or sound clip directly.Game content and materials copyright LICENSOR. All Rights Reserved.
Free forums hosting | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com