The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deceived Novel

Go down 
+4
Schwendo
Grome
Wetworks
Kai-Sun
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

Deceived Novel  Empty
PostSubject: Deceived Novel    Deceived Novel  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 3:08 am

Alright, so one of the benefits of working at a bookstore is getting to see new releases long before they actually hit shelves. Deceived is one of those novels.

So, without spoilering anything or giving out info I shouldn't, I'd give a quick post about how I feel about it. I'm a good chunk through it but I am not finished with it yet, and I'm very impressed. I'll also preface with the fact that Fatal Alliance was the first Star Wars novel I've ever tried reading.

I tried reading Fatal Alliance and I had to put it down, only to pick it back up halfway and force myself to finish it. FA got slightly better as it went on, but I was mostly just reading it to get a feel for the era, which it only did because I knew some of the characters before hand. Not a bad novel, just not my cup of tea with how the writer did it. Not saying Mr. Williams is bad, I just didn't dig the novel.

It's the opposite for Deceived. I was hooked within the first chapter, and I found myself enjoying every second of it. I really enjoy the character Kemp puts into each person he writes, and I think he did amazing with Malgus and a few of the other characters, and I just really like his entire writing style. His characterization is great, Malgus really benefits wonderfully from it, and from what I've read a few of the others are developing well (Malgus has had a slight more face time--- ruined as it is Razz --- due to the beginning events, but that's beginning to even out,) and I'm really interested in all of them. Especially what it has in store for the actual game. I can't wait to interact with many of these personas.

My recommendations, if you didn't quite jive with Fatal Alliance, give Deceived a shot. If you were already planning on getting Deceived, sit down on tuesday (or whenever you get it,) and enjoy it, it's a great novel and is a really great tie in to the events of the game. You won't be disappointed.

Last edited by Kai-Sun on Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wetworks

Wetworks

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild: Unsure-Republic

Deceived Novel  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deceived Novel    Deceived Novel  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 10:36 pm

"Alright, so one of the benefits of working at a book store is getting to see new releases long before they actually hit shelves. Deceived is one of those novels."

I really should read things thoroughly, got all excited and went to the comic book store, atleast the sun was out.
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Smuggler
Guild:

Deceived Novel  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deceived Novel    Deceived Novel  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 10:43 pm

Since when do you work at a bookstore?
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

Deceived Novel  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deceived Novel    Deceived Novel  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 1:42 am

Grome wrote:
Since when do you work at a bookstore?

Since about the beginning of the new year. Razz
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

Deceived Novel  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deceived Novel    Deceived Novel  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 4:11 am

Good for you! *o*

I'm fighting hard to not turn this into an ot discussion so I'm gonna take this somewhere else, hehe.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

Deceived Novel  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deceived Novel    Deceived Novel  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 11:25 pm

Thx for the headsup, Kai...

I also read FA. I liked it from the "explaining just about every player class from within'" part of it. I really did'nt like the ending...big build up to ..??? (trying to not spoil it for anyone who has not read it).

I plan on picking up Deceived when it's released. When is that bro??
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

Deceived Novel  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deceived Novel    Deceived Novel  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 11:27 pm

Tuesday apparently.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

Deceived Novel  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deceived Novel    Deceived Novel  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 12:43 am

thx Grome Wink
Back to top Go down
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Looking for

Deceived Novel  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deceived Novel    Deceived Novel  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 12:51 am

Schwendo wrote:
I also read FA. I liked it from the "explaining just about every player class from within'" part of it. I really did'nt like the ending...big build up to ..??? (trying to not spoil it for anyone who has not read it). ?

Deus ex Machina
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

Deceived Novel  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deceived Novel    Deceived Novel  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 6:55 pm

You know your Latin history, Godric..Wink
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Ty-Odi
Guild: To Be Confirmed.....

Deceived Novel  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deceived Novel    Deceived Novel  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 10:32 am

Oooh someone who works in a book store? SWEET!!!! hehe.

I am an insane reader, haha.

If you can give me a heads up as to when the Conn Iggulden Novel series is coming out, would be most appreciated!! Very Happy

Will take a look at deceived as well as soon as it hits the bookshelves over here! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk
Darka

Darka

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Modos
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Force Academy

Deceived Novel  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deceived Novel    Deceived Novel  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 7:43 am

Im still unsure about the novels, the first one seemed okay but i dunno just didnt want to bother with it
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

Deceived Novel  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deceived Novel    Deceived Novel  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 7:18 pm

Deceived is leaps and bounds above Fatal Alliance. I finished Deceived pretty much in a few hours because I didn't want to put it down. I should do a bigger review of it.
Back to top Go down
Variable
That Handsome Devil
Variable

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Soloman Bokur
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Reign

Deceived Novel  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deceived Novel    Deceived Novel  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 1:47 am

Is it possible to read Deceived without reading Fatal Alliance? I want to read both, but FA isn't available for the Kindle and I'd like to wait on a Kindle version. Meanwhile, I have Deceived burning a hole on my Kindle and I am fast approaching the end of my current book...
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

Deceived Novel  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deceived Novel    Deceived Novel  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 2:31 am

You don't need FA to read Deceived, they share the same era with TOR, but not the events/characters.

Back to top Go down
Wetworks

Wetworks

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild: Unsure-Republic

Deceived Novel  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deceived Novel    Deceived Novel  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 11:22 pm

Well just got done reading Deceived, and talk about a 10/10 page turner. I can only hope I get to face Veradun in battle SWTOR.
Really enjoyed the ending, & hope others in the community get to pick this book up.
and .....Eleena......wow...reread that part twice, leave it at that so no spoils.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Deceived Novel  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deceived Novel    Deceived Novel  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deceived Novel
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The R.I.G. :: General Discussion - Talk about anything SW:TOR-
Jump to:  
This site is in not endorsed by or affiliated with LucasArts, BioWare, or Electronic Arts.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. LucasArts, the LucasArts logo, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks in the United States and/or in other countries of Lucasfilm Ltd.
and/or its affiliates. © 2008-2010 Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. or Lucasfilm Ltd. All Rights Reserved. BioWare and the BioWare logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd.
You may not copy any images, videos or sound clips found on this site or „deep link‟ to any image, video or sound clip directly.Game content and materials copyright LICENSOR. All Rights Reserved.
Forum create on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com