Respect In Gaming

HomeRegisterLog in

Galactic Security: Are you safe in The Old Republic?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
HereticZero

HereticZero

Galactic Security: Are you safe in The Old Republic? Empty
PostSubject: Galactic Security: Are you safe in The Old Republic?   Galactic Security: Are you safe in The Old Republic? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 11:43 am

So I wrote my first TOR related article, I'm not an english major. I'm not even an english minor. Actually my english skills are pretty noobish so just whatever. Give it a read if you'd like though anyway...

http://torsyndicate.com/blogs/entry/Galactic-Sercurity
Back to top Go down
http://guildenclave.guildlaunch.com
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Security: Are you safe in The Old Republic?   Galactic Security: Are you safe in The Old Republic? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 12:31 pm

HereticZero wrote:
So I wrote my first TOR related article, I'm not an english major. I'm not even an english minor. Actually my english skills are pretty noobish so just whatever. Give it a read if you'd like though anyway...

It's a good article Smile

It's also one of my only concerns for the game. I'm not really worried if it's going to be good or not, I'm more worried about the actual consumer experience at this point when it comes to things like account security. I REALLY wish we'd learn more about what they plan for it, because I'd pre-order something like an authenticator right off the bat if it was offered (and it SHOULD.)

I hope to learn more about it, and hope Bioware takes steps to help us keep our play time uninterrupted (as well as it can be, anyway,) from hackers and spammers.
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Security: Are you safe in The Old Republic?   Galactic Security: Are you safe in The Old Republic? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 1:59 pm

You know, .I never played MMOs long enough to ever get spammed with Gold Sellers messages. You'll think they can be seen everywhere from how people talk about them.

Although, I do know that too much security is like not having enough, it get so cumbersome that people don't bother with it or just find the "product" to complicated to use.

vlak

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Security: Are you safe in The Old Republic?   Galactic Security: Are you safe in The Old Republic? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 11:30 pm

HereticZero wrote:

Good article. You might have the wrong major. Very Happy

Vlak
Back to top Go down
http://myveterans.org
WesleyP.

WesleyP.

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Security: Are you safe in The Old Republic?   Galactic Security: Are you safe in The Old Republic? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 12:59 am

azarhal wrote:
You know, .I never played MMOs long enough to ever get spammed with Gold Sellers messages. You'll think they can be seen everywhere from how people talk about them.

this was the worst i've ever seen:
Galactic Security: Are you safe in The Old Republic? Goldse11

Well, it is not spam in its pure form (maybe it's no hacked acc either), but the presentation is astounding, in a sad way.
I'm with the ideas of authencicators and stuff, if it can prevent this.

BTW, good writing HereticZero Galactic Security: Are you safe in The Old Republic? 780832
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheOldPipes
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Security: Are you safe in The Old Republic?   Galactic Security: Are you safe in The Old Republic? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Galactic Security: Are you safe in The Old Republic?
Page 1 of 1