AuthorMessage
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Maybe Serenity

<Serenity> - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: <Serenity>   <Serenity> - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 7:49 pm

Ooooh

It's slow...I'm trying to see the Serenity page.

There will be competition for the guild name...

edit:

Slowness make it hard to sign up.

Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: <Serenity>   <Serenity> - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 8:02 pm

When I signed us up, we were the second Serenity to register, and like only minutes after the first people to take it (and they were an Empire guild.) I'm hoping that and people signing up and being active will help, especially when in phase 2 we get to align with our friends in the RiG (have to plan that out to try to get as many RiG guilds in the same place by default, when we pick a server.)

All the info I put down, like time zone/etc is temp until we decide more here at the RiG and depending on what our members need, since I can change all of that.

Seeing as they are going to limit how many times you can register a guild name, I'm not *really* super worried. If we do end up having to change the name, I'm sure we'll find something equally as awesome, but I don't think it'll come to that.

/starts sending bribes to Bioware.
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: <Serenity>   <Serenity> - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 8:17 pm

Done...
Sending Application...
Really slow...
Finished...I think????

And once they publish the pre-order plan. I'll see where I buy the game (digital vs disks and EA vs elsewhere).

edit: Might have failed, I got a "high traffic warning!!!"

Jeez. Hopefully launch day isn't like that...Wait, I'm totally avoiding launch day now.

edit2: It should have worked now.

Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: <Serenity>   <Serenity> - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 4:11 am

Yea, the page has been mauled pretty bad, server got attacked hard by traffic lol

Probably a good thing to keep them thinking about server stability on launch day, here's hoping the many diff start planets help alleviate that some.
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: <Serenity>   <Serenity> - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 4:51 am

I know not many of the Serenity people really frequent here but I'd figured I'd ask to see if Selven or azarhal were around.

I'm contemplating putting a thread up in the Republic guild recruitment section on the main board....

Good idea or bad idea, you think?
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: <Serenity>   <Serenity> - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 2:05 pm

I'm around....

I personally don't mind. We might attract nice "new" people, the bad one will all join the Empire anyway. pirat

Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: <Serenity>   <Serenity> - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 5:45 pm

We now have a thread over in the guild hall, drop in and say hi!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=275298
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: <Serenity>   <Serenity> - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 6:48 pm

As an alternative to Serenity in case it doesn't come through I officially suggest "Sereniti".

I know, what would you do without me.

Kinda sounds like the name of some african tribe though.

When You Argue With Idiots
They Drag You Down To Their Level
And Beat You With Experience
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: <Serenity>   <Serenity> - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 6:57 pm

Grome wrote:

I know, what would you do without me..

Have to pug? Razz
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: <Serenity>   <Serenity> - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 10:17 pm

"Sereniti" sound quiet Jawaish, maybe add another i to it: Serenitii.

LouistheAbsurd

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Rip Brahnx
Class: Trooper

PostSubject: Re: <Serenity>   <Serenity> - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 2:58 am

Hello Serenity. I look foward to talking and eventually gaming you guys.

Oh, my display name is DorkHater FTM.
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: <Serenity>   <Serenity> - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 1:28 am

Welcome to Serenity, Louis.

Whenever I see your avatar, I hear in my head "Not the gum drop button!"
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: <Serenity>   <Serenity> - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 1:03 pm

Hello Louis, welcome to Serenity.

LouistheAbsurd

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Rip Brahnx
Class: Trooper

PostSubject: Re: <Serenity>   <Serenity> - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 4:56 pm

Kai-Sun wrote:
Welcome to Serenity, Louis.

Whenever I see your avatar, I hear in my head "Not the gum drop button!"

Hehe, yeah, that's my favorite scene from the movie.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: <Serenity>   <Serenity> - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 5:28 pm

Welcome to RiG LoA!!! Nice to see more "Serene" people in here! Kai is a warrior poet lol!

Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Looking for

PostSubject: Re: <Serenity>   <Serenity> - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 12:02 pm

With the reveal of the shadow tank I think I have found my class. I will need to learn to tank raids from a master. *makes Shrek 2 Puss'n'Boots big round kitty eyes at Kai*
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: <Serenity>   <Serenity> - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 12:10 pm

Godric_Barbarosa wrote:
With the reveal of the shadow tank I think I have found my class. I will need to learn to tank raids from a master. *makes Shrek 2 Puss'n'Boots big round kitty eyes at Kai*

Long as you bring some waffles, we're fine!

Welcome to Serenity, Godric =D

I don't know if I'd claim to be a master out of trying to be humble, but I do think I'm a VERY good tank.

Learning to tank in TOR with such a supportive group as the RiG and Serenity should be a lot of fun, and I hope I can help you to the best of my abilities. It'll be a slight learning experience for me as well as we both get used to the actual TOR mechanics, but many of the basic tanking ideas don't change like situation awareness and various other things. It will be nice to have people to about it with and ping ideas back and forth, part of the reason I'm so excited for TOR and why I love the RiG so much.

Should be fun Godric, I'm also really interested to see how the Shadow actually tanks, and to see how well the mesh with a Guardian tank if endgame requires two tanks at times. Be able to use the strength of both when it's needed.

Last edited by Kai-Sun on Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: <Serenity>   <Serenity> - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 12:41 pm

Yeah! Shadow Tanks will dominate the world of TOR. Although, I suspect they won't be as forgiving as the heavy armored tanks.

I really want to roll a Stealth Shadow Tank.
And a Scoundrel
And a Sage
And a Sentinel
And a Sniper
And a Gunslinger
And...

Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: <Serenity>   <Serenity> - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 12:48 pm

azarhal wrote:
Yeah! Shadow Tanks will dominate the world of TOR. Although, I suspect they won't be as forgiving as the heavy armored tanks.

I really want to roll a Stealth Shadow Tank.
And a Scoundrel
And a Sage
And a Sentinel
And a Sniper
And a Gunslinger
And...

I'm rolling a Shadow Tank when I get to the Consular class as I'm doing all the stories. It's almost making me reconsider my Jedi Guardian main, depending on how it actually achieves tanking.

As for the other classes...I'm going to have one of each too! Maybe two Knights...and...ah dang hope our character lists are big ><
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: <Serenity>   <Serenity> - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 1:29 pm

Shadow tank does sound intriguing. As do a lot of other roles. This is gonna be a difficult choice for main. :<

When You Argue With Idiots
They Drag You Down To Their Level
And Beat You With Experience
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: <Serenity>   <Serenity> - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 1:35 pm

Kai-Sun wrote:
and...ah dang hope our character lists are big ><

It's EA, expect 2 character slots/server only and to play $10/slot for more.

Although, they need to give us at least 8 character slots, simply because they want us to re-roll new characters and experience new stories. Having less then 8 slots is counter productive to that idea.

Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: <Serenity>   <Serenity> - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 11:07 pm

azarhal wrote:

It's EA, expect 2 character slots/server only and to play $10/slot for more.

Haha, damn. This gave me a good chuckle. brb getting DLC for DA2.

azarhal wrote:

Although, they need to give us at least 8 character slots, simply because they want us to re-roll new characters and experience new stories. Having less then 8 slots is counter productive to that idea.

I'm hoping for 8-10, even if you can pay to extend. As you say, a min of 8 is really needed to see all the class stories, and there's got to be people out there (/raise hand) that want more then one type of a class.

Back to top Go down
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Looking for

PostSubject: Re: <Serenity>   <Serenity> - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 11:21 pm

If they are charging $15 a month they should not charge us for character slots or any thing else for that matter. This kind of thing would push me more towards GW2 and it's b2p model. I dislike f2p model where you purchase items that have an effect on gameplay, but having a p2p with a cash shop with things like character or bank slots angers me much more.
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: <Serenity>   <Serenity> - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 11:30 pm

Yea, I'm against having to pay for extras in an MMO. I'm FINE with things that have no effect if people want them, but nothing that does anything near significant like player slots and such, or items.

Everyone should be playing the same game, unless they're foolish enough to buy those 50 dollar hot pants that don't have any stats. Not that I want something that so far out of the source material, just an example.
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: <Serenity>   <Serenity> - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 11:42 pm

$50 on digital cosmetic pants???

I think I'm more frustrated by the people who buy these things (all cash shop items). Don't they see it's just 0s and 1s they are spending money on? That most of them are one use only and then disappear?

PostSubject: Re: <Serenity>   <Serenity> - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

<Serenity>
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next