mmorpg have an article
about ships and space combat in TOR. They got to see the interior of the BH's ship: D5-Mantis.
There's quite a few interesting tibits in there (some we already knew).
- Travel will cost money, except when you come back from quests area (as not to trap players).
- You can travel in the ship of a friend player (but your ship will follow you).
- BH can store prisoners in their ship.
- Cosmetic mods for ship are supported by the tech, but no in the game at release. Other mods are "functional" mods (shields, weapons).
- Space combat give $ and XP and is optional.
- The space combat can evolve to become more after the game launch based on player's feedback.
I find it funny that at some point there's was a companion that could see in the BH's captain's quarter and "spy" on what was happening there.
Community is the crazy notion that massively multiplayer games are more interesting when other players matter. - Community: The 3rd Element blog-