AuthorMessage
Aldemarran

Aldemarran

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Agent Redacted
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Redacted

Greetings and Salutations Empty
PostSubject: Greetings and Salutations   Greetings and Salutations I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 7:07 pm

Hello, my standard screen name is Aldemarran, but call me Ald.

Gaming Style
I love exploring game mechanics and designing characters. Raiding appeals to me as an achiever and as an explorer above and beyond the performance/game mechanic engineering levels. When I can find a good group of people who understand the difference between respect and the ability to tolerate people "talking $h!7" to one another it makes raiding a truly enjoyable experience. Unfortunately it only takes having to manage one >insert impolite term of your choice here< to take most of the fun out of raiding.

My Hopes for SW:TOR
At least some Role Flexibility ("Your specced healer doesn't show to you grab your healing companion and the two of you become a 'healing unit'...)
I also hope to gather a few of my real life friends from several games together to play.
Above all else I hope to find a group of people that enjoys having fun by contributing to each other's fun rather than at each other's expense.

FPS Games
I've played games from Rise of the Triad to Duke Nukem to Doom 3 to Medal of Honor and Call of Duty titles.
I play a fair amount of CS:S, absolutely love it. This is my de-stress game where I go in to kill people and watch heads vanish in clouds of red vapor.

MMOs
I played Kingdom of Loathing in college (because I couldn't afford high speed internet). Loved the sense of humor.
WoW was my first true MMORPG. Still play it with friends.
I've since tried a few of the freebie MMORPGs, couldn't see the advantage over WoW.
Tried Guild Wars for the pricing model, too much PvP for me.
Warhammer had so much potential, but again its PvP focus (and the fact that only 1 friend really tried to play it) drove me away.

EDIT: For grammatical tragedy.

Last edited by Aldemarran on Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ShavedEwok

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and Salutations   Greetings and Salutations I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 7:09 pm

Hello Aldemarran and welcome! Smile
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and Salutations   Greetings and Salutations I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 7:12 pm

Hi Ald.

Welcome forum.

And you make me think that I forgot the "Completionist" in my "Know the players" thread.

SandsS

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Odium

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and Salutations   Greetings and Salutations I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 7:48 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Gelotri

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and Salutations   Greetings and Salutations I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 8:01 pm

Welcome Ald. I like the way you structured your intro. I look forward to playing with you. An awesome group of folks here.

I noticed early on the Star Wars Universe draws in a lot of adults. I love games with an adult community. Not that there is anything wrong with playing with kids (I have my fair share of kids). Hope you enjoy your time here.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and Salutations   Greetings and Salutations I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 8:45 pm

Greetings and Sal-u-ta-schwens!!!

and...

You're only as "Ald" as you feel Wink

Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and Salutations   Greetings and Salutations I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 12:18 am

Welcome Aldy!

Looks like some good info, and yeah people do tend to forget respect in raiding, which turns quite a few people off rather quickly. Hopefully we can help turn that around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and Salutations   Greetings and Salutations I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings and Salutations
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The R.I.G. :: Hello & Welcome :) :: Members Area - A Chance to say hi, and introduce yourselves-
Jump to:  
This site is in not endorsed by or affiliated with LucasArts, BioWare, or Electronic Arts.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. LucasArts, the LucasArts logo, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks in the United States and/or in other countries of Lucasfilm Ltd.
and/or its affiliates. © 2008-2010 Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. or Lucasfilm Ltd. All Rights Reserved. BioWare and the BioWare logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd.
You may not copy any images, videos or sound clips found on this site or „deep link‟ to any image, video or sound clip directly.Game content and materials copyright LICENSOR. All Rights Reserved.
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com