The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Options for efficient communication (i.e. instant messaging or vent)

Go down 
+8
Lednik
Stryklone
Sylrah
Darka
Selven
azarhal
Kai-Sun
Lugaidh
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
WesleyP.

WesleyP.

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

Options for efficient communication (i.e. instant messaging or vent) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Options for efficient communication (i.e. instant messaging or vent)   Options for efficient communication (i.e. instant messaging or vent) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 7:43 pm

Selven wrote:
I'm sorry for not bringing this to your attention earlier, but WesleyP talked to Ty about setting up Teamspeak. Wow, this weekend has not gone as planned!

I'm gonna PM him and have him chime in as well. You guys deside as I'm not very found of voice chat in general.

Good day everyone. Sorry, i popp in so late.

As some of you throw already some vent's in the hat, so do i with a 75-slot TS³.
For the forum a voice chat would be funny. Whatever you're just a listener (so will i, the first time) or not.
bounce
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheOldPipes
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Smuggler
Guild:

Options for efficient communication (i.e. instant messaging or vent) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Options for efficient communication (i.e. instant messaging or vent)   Options for efficient communication (i.e. instant messaging or vent) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 12:28 am

What about ingame communication?

I'm thinking a dedicated channel would do fine, but we'll have to wait and see what tools they even give us.

As far as I am concerned, ingame communication is the most important part about this! That's where people will be most of the time once the game goes live.
It can get a little tricky though, since we're first of all not going to be in a single guild and second of all we are probably going to be split between Republic and Empire (which is not a bad thing).

I guess something like an "Alliance" with it's own guild-like tools and management possibilities would be great but I'm not gonna hold my breath for this to be in the game.

VC is a very nice way but I'd see it only as a complimentary way of communication, not the primary - can you imagine keeping track of dozens of people in your VC?

Any ideas otherwise?
Back to top Go down

Options for efficient communication (i.e. instant messaging or vent)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The R.I.G. :: General Discussion - Talk about anything SW:TOR-
Jump to:  
This site is in not endorsed by or affiliated with LucasArts, BioWare, or Electronic Arts.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. LucasArts, the LucasArts logo, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks in the United States and/or in other countries of Lucasfilm Ltd.
and/or its affiliates. © 2008-2010 Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. or Lucasfilm Ltd. All Rights Reserved. BioWare and the BioWare logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd.
You may not copy any images, videos or sound clips found on this site or „deep link‟ to any image, video or sound clip directly.Game content and materials copyright LICENSOR. All Rights Reserved.
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com