HomeRegisterLog in

My Take On Micro-Transaction

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Yunie

Yunie

My Take On Micro-Transaction - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Take On Micro-Transaction   My Take On Micro-Transaction - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 9:06 pm

Well it seems monthly subscriptions are confirmed. Now we just need to know if they really include everything (except maybe services like character transfers and stuff) or if some things like vanity items will be sold separately.
Back to top Go down
Coldhart

Coldhart

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Micro-Transaction   My Take On Micro-Transaction - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 9:31 pm

Yeah, knockin on wood here (move your head a little closer, Schwen Laughing ). Hopefuly if it's anything it will only be vanity items. I can't imagine why they would put an entire store into play when it's P2P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.craziesoftor.guildportal.com
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Micro-Transaction   My Take On Micro-Transaction - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 9:36 pm

Found this over on darth hater

Quote :
Electronic Arts CFO Eric Brown's presentation at the UBS 38th Annual Media and Communications Conference reaffirmed CY2011 for Star Wars: The Old Republic. It was also mentioned that SWTOR "...will generate revenue through monthly subscriptions" while speaking on the subscription model. Speaking on availability of options on purchasing, Eric Brown stated that the game's PC client will be available in both a retail packaged format and digital download format.

Eric Brown's presentation lasted about 40 minutes and is now over. As of this moment this appears to be all of the new information relating to The Old Republic that came out of the presentation.

Not that it says anything specific, but I guess it's the most we've gotten about how you'll be able to pay to play.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Micro-Transaction   My Take On Micro-Transaction - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 9:38 pm

*moves head a little closer*

Yeouch!!

Hehe, now back to your discus'schwen...Wink

Akomo

Akomo

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Micro-Transaction   My Take On Micro-Transaction - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 12:35 pm

Yunie wrote:
Well it seems monthly subscriptions are confirmed. Now we just need to know if they really include everything (except maybe services like character transfers and stuff) or if some things like vanity items will be sold separately.

Yep.It will depend greatly if SWTOR can MAINTAIN a player base like WoW has.The suits at WoW have said they would not rule out an item mall but when youve got 60% of the MMO market they arent too worried about it.
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Ty-Odi
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: To Be Confirmed.....

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Micro-Transaction   My Take On Micro-Transaction - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 3:18 pm

I despise MTs with a passion, lol.

Who knows, I can live with minor novelty items, though I still disagree with them, but the second you can buy a top end weapon or set of armour I am off. When peoples wallets matter more than effort or actually PLAYING the game, the game ends for me, I can afford to buy what ever items, I just refuse to do so, especially if I am already paying them over £120 a year for the privilage.

Greed is beginning to ruin MMO's and I really hope MTs do not impact this game too much. Every time I see a message about it, it makes my skin crawl.

My Take On Micro-Transaction - Page 2 Tyodisig1copygj8er6
Back to top Go down
https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk
Horeon
(Re)Public Enemy
Horeon

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Micro-Transaction   My Take On Micro-Transaction - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 11:20 pm

Ty-Odi wrote:
I despise MTs with a passion, lol.

Who knows, I can live with minor novelty items, though I still disagree with them, but the second you can buy a top end weapon or set of armour I am off. When peoples wallets matter more than effort or actually PLAYING the game, the game ends for me, I can afford to buy what ever items, I just refuse to do so, especially if I am already paying them over £120 a year for the privilage.

Greed is beginning to ruin MMO's and I really hope MTs do not impact this game too much. Every time I see a message about it, it makes my skin crawl.

I didn't know I had a twin brother Razz

I agree 100%... it's disgruntling, really, all of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Micro-Transaction   My Take On Micro-Transaction - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Take On Micro-Transaction
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2