The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is your reason for joining the Project?

Go down 
+24
Pyara_Raga
Variable
Quince
Crebain
Aurabesh
Stryklone
Godric_Barbarosa
archifikos
azpb
Schwendo
Havenae
Grome
Selven
azarhal
Lugaidh
Redriot
WesleyP.
Horeon
Zepour
Ty-Odi
Sylrah
Gamewiz
Kai-Sun
Darka
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sylrah

Sylrah

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

What is your reason for joining the Project? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is your reason for joining the Project?   What is your reason for joining the Project? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 5:06 pm

Schwendo wrote:
Also, I think you and Sylly are starting up some kind of "Cookie Franchise"?

Just laying the groundworks for my in game spice-laced cookie smuggling operation.
*Force feeds Schwendo* I'm already creating addicts.

Lets hope people will behave to get cookies.
Back to top Go down
azpb

azpb

PostSubject: Re: What is your reason for joining the Project?   What is your reason for joining the Project? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 5:28 pm

I love people!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: What is your reason for joining the Project?   What is your reason for joining the Project? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 5:56 pm

azpb wrote:
I love people!

Very Happy

Do you love Soylent Green then?

Cause it's....
Back to top Go down
Sylrah

Sylrah

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: What is your reason for joining the Project?   What is your reason for joining the Project? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 6:00 pm

... a key ingredient in my newest line of cookies, they're called "Green Syllyness".

Here, try one.*passes around some plates filled with cookies*
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: What is your reason for joining the Project?   What is your reason for joining the Project? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 6:05 pm

(Charlton Heston): "People!!!!....Soylent Green is pee-pol!!"...*pulls out like 40 NRA rifles and handguns* "Glock Glock Glock ho!"

(To Sylly): I LOVE COOKIES....need a "fix"..."C" is for Cookie!! and Cookies is for me!!
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Smuggler
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: What is your reason for joining the Project?   What is your reason for joining the Project? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 7:54 pm

Now I want cookies...
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Ty-Odi
Guild: To Be Confirmed.....

PostSubject: Re: What is your reason for joining the Project?   What is your reason for joining the Project? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 9:37 pm

Well sorry......may have just eaten the last of them........hehehe Smile
Back to top Go down
https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk
archifikos

archifikos

PostSubject: Re: What is your reason for joining the Project?   What is your reason for joining the Project? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 6:58 am

I joined because I want to play with people who respect one another and accept their gaming style and choices. The majority of the WoW community when I last played were whiny and selfish - and that's what put me off grouping for good, they didn't play for their team, but for themselves, to get loot to show off.

It won't be like this for us though bounce
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Ty-Odi
Guild: To Be Confirmed.....

PostSubject: Re: What is your reason for joining the Project?   What is your reason for joining the Project? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 9:44 am

I think you may well be right matey Smile

I know we all love the new shiny that comes along, but I have always been a fairly patient player when it comes to loot, just as well really, I remember trying to get the ORH (Old Republic Hilt) Saber scehmatic from Mustafar...............I ran that every single night for over a year.....It dropped 4 times and each time someone else who was also after it got it before me, then finally on the 5th time of dropping, I think mostly because I was the one of the only ones on my server not to have managed to get it by this point, lol, I finally had it, haha, I had already gotten the Jinsu by this point making it nearly redundant, but I still wanted it, and getting it was pretty cool. Smile

I am a loot hood, but not a shiny hound, by that I mean, if your looking for someone who will go out into the wilderness and hunt a certain set of mobs night after night to get collection pieces or rare drop item, you can bet your bottom dollar I will be out hunting them, lol. In SWG i got 4 of my mates their missing Holocrons to get their master cloaks Smile I have to say that was probably the only shiney that I have ever said I was desperate to get, just because the Dark Jedi cloak was so darn sweet!! lol Smile
Back to top Go down
https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Looking for

PostSubject: Re: What is your reason for joining the Project?   What is your reason for joining the Project? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 4:01 pm

I'm not a loot person in the least. I'd be happy wearing my original lightsaber and robes the whole game. I thinnk the quest for loot is one of the reasons the community has deteriorated at large. Loot should not be more important than having fun playing a game with people. The top four thngs I want in a game are.

1. A great community
2. Fun gameplay
3. Engaging story
4. Interesting places to explore
Back to top Go down
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Looking for

PostSubject: Re: What is your reason for joining the Project?   What is your reason for joining the Project? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 4:45 pm

Why am I here? I'm here because I have never been in on the ground floor of an MMO.Partially as a result I have never been part of a great community. Part of this was that I didn't know enough of how to find a good guild. Because of not finding a good community I stopped playing MMO's about 4 years ago. But I am really excited about this game and want to find that great community that makes it worthwhile to stick with a game.
Back to top Go down
Stryklone

Stryklone

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: What is your reason for joining the Project?   What is your reason for joining the Project? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 3:07 pm

I've always liked the lyrics and the musical style of Alan Parsons and -- oh. Not that Project?
Well then.

Going to the movies isn't fun anymore; too many people talking loudly, phoning, or texting with brightly lit screens.
Going to theatre the same.
Multiplayer computer games heading down that path and I'd rather not give up another fun activity.
Back to top Go down
Aurabesh

Aurabesh

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Aurabesh
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: What is your reason for joining the Project?   What is your reason for joining the Project? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 3:43 pm

After levelling 60 levels...getting all availlable Tiers together by hardcore raiding for 2 years i saw a new expansion incomming.
Within a week after release (lvl 65) i got a whisper from some random player: You NEWB!1!!!!!!!1111 You don't have EPOX!1!!!!!1

I did know what a NEWB was but in my ignorance i thought it was short for New Player.
But what the hell where those !!!111!!!1!!1 meaning ?!?
So i asked him what he meant as the expansion just hit.
All i got was a lovely reply about what he would do to "my momma" O.o
If whispers would make a sound at that point in time...it would have been a toilet flushing sound.

When i joined the SWTOR community in 2008 (other forum char) the community was cool.
People where exited and looking forward to a promissing game.
But then someone mentione that ugly word: "WoW-Killer"
And then the poodoo hit the fence.
Now its a lot of QQ and Moomoo.

In RIG at least people talk normally...thoughts are being shared and debated without me having to worry what a total stranger might do to my mom.

But then again...once those !1!!1!!1! start rolling in...i am snaggin the cookie bowl and doing a Kessel run in twelve Parsecs with the LEWT lol!
Back to top Go down
Crebain

Crebain

PostSubject: Re: What is your reason for joining the Project?   What is your reason for joining the Project? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 4:41 pm

Haha nice one Aurabesh,

My mom was abused too... for many years... oh god the things they did to her. I can't take it anymore. That and the fact that cookies are no longer in WoW is my reason to join this project Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Quince

Quince

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Qint B'san
Class: Imperial Agent

PostSubject: Re: What is your reason for joining the Project?   What is your reason for joining the Project? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 5:12 pm

Stryklone wrote:

I've always liked the lyrics and the musical style of Alan Parsons and --

The game never ends when the whole world depends on the turn of a friendly card.

Somehow seems appropriate... lol
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: What is your reason for joining the Project?   What is your reason for joining the Project? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 5:14 pm

Aurabesh wrote:
[i]
In RIG at least people talk normally...thoughts are being shared and debated without me having to worry what a total stranger might do to my mom.

Normal we talk?

What is your reason for joining the Project? - Page 2 44873
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: What is your reason for joining the Project?   What is your reason for joining the Project? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 6:12 pm

Poor mommies all over the world have been abused. It's a very sad and terrifying thing.
Back to top Go down
Stryklone

Stryklone

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: What is your reason for joining the Project?   What is your reason for joining the Project? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 10:37 pm

Quince wrote:
Stryklone wrote:

I've always liked the lyrics and the musical style of Alan Parsons and --

The game never ends when the whole world depends on the turn of a friendly card.

Somehow seems appropriate... lol

And somehow once we reached it 50 wasn't that old. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Variable
That Handsome Devil
Variable

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Soloman Bokur
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Reign

PostSubject: Re: What is your reason for joining the Project?   What is your reason for joining the Project? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 11:33 pm

I haven't weighed in on this one yet, so I suppose its past due.

I joined this project because what Ty-Odi proposed in the original thread struck a chord with me. I've been playing MMOs since original EQ, and as time has passed, my involvement with any kind of community has slowly dwindled to the point where I'm playing a single player game in an online setting. This isn't to say I dislike other people, I'm rather fond of most people and have a history of making friends fairly easily. Where the trouble lies, or at least in my thinking, is the anonymity of the internet and with it the ability to give into your darker impulses without fear of reprisal has slowly but surely overtaken tenets of fair play, patience, and sportsmanship. There is a disconnect that has evolved where people do not understand that the collection of pixels you are interacting with is not simply that, but rather an actual human being with thoughts and emotions.

As this mind set has become more and more pervasive, I have retreated more and more into self reliance. Occasionally, as the mood would strike me, I would help random people, or contribute into a global conversation. Overall, however, the discourse was not really worth the headache of dealing with the hip kids that were hiding themselves behind their jeers that would occasionally crop up. And this isn't based on any fear that I would be the one to get picked on - I've been through the military, I have a thick skin. Rather, it’s the times where you have a good conversation going and one asshat butts in just to disrupt everyone else, or the level 80 that happens by to kill steal all of the mobs that your guildy needs that you've been helping him with. Granted, these sorts of things can happen in the solo game, but with fewer people in the equation, I am less of a target of opportunity.

I'm tired of this way of gaming. I want to play with other people, and I'm tired of a few assholes ruining the fun of everyone around them. I'm ready for a return of sportsmanship, fair play, and the overall realization that you are interacting with human beings who deserve your common courtesy just as much as you deserve theirs.
Back to top Go down
Pyara_Raga

PostSubject: Re: What is your reason for joining the Project?   What is your reason for joining the Project? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 5:11 pm

I'm here because my 1st MMO was SWG. For those that played it the community was the tops. I was on the Naritus server and even though there was cross faction communication 95% of it was pleasant. I can recall several times after pvp that nice tells were sent back and forth between myself and the enemy. congratulating each other or giving each other tips on what we did wrong and right.

I would use my jedi to help my guildies level for hours. our town was on Dantooine and we would all get Piket missions going in the same direction. i would hop off my speeder and just start spinning with my dual-blade saber on the lair while everyone else AOE'd. as the lair would lose health it would spawn all the Pikets and before you know it there i was standing in a perfect circle of dead pikets all around me and i still had full health. then we just move on to the next one.

i can remember sitting outside the Coronet starport buffing people all day and just hanging out and having pleasant conversations with all the people i would meet while being a buffbot.

there was even a general niceness on the server forum as well.

then my guild migrated to WoW after the NGE dropped and it went downhill from there Sad i'm hoping that by linking up with all of you something similiar can happen in SWTOR and that's why I'm here and that's why i dragged my wife with me Smile
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: What is your reason for joining the Project?   What is your reason for joining the Project? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 6:18 pm

Aurabesh wrote:

After levelling 60 levels...getting all availlable Tiers together by hardcore raiding for 2 years i saw a new expansion incomming.
Within a week after release (lvl 65) i got a whisper from some random player: You NEWB!1!!!!!!!1111 You don't have EPOX!1!!!!!1

I did know what a NEWB was but in my ignorance i thought it was short for New Player.
But what the hell where those !!!111!!!1!!1 meaning ?!?
So i asked him what he meant as the expansion just hit.
All i got was a lovely reply about what he would do to "my momma" O.o
If whispers would make a sound at that point in time...it would have been a toilet flushing sound.

When i joined the SWTOR community in 2008 (other forum char) the community was cool.
People where exited and looking forward to a promissing game.
But then someone mentione that ugly word: "WoW-Killer"
And then the poodoo hit the fence.
Now its a lot of QQ and Moomoo.

But then again...once those !1!!1!!1! start rolling in...i am snaggin the cookie bowl and doing a Kessel run in twelve Parsecs with the LEWT lol!

Dont you worry "Star Wars Language Name Guy(tm)",

If anyone plays that crud (<--Selvan Language filter activated)..in here, they will get "weeded" out. I found a few of those types in SWG in the early days, before the dark times......before.....NGE... I usually enjoyed matching /tell for /tell with them. Usually they would get so mad, they'd just log off. I began to call that, in their language, "Mind Pwning". Twas a glorious and rewarding game to play. (I had tried to actually send the lads Ritalin(tm) through my USB port, but alas, it would not fit. Thus, "Mind Pwning" was born. Of course, more mature players would simply call it "Jedi Mind Trick" Smile

cheers...love the name, AB!
Back to top Go down
Arzon

Arzon

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Arzon
Class: Sith Warrior
Guild: Reign

PostSubject: Re: What is your reason for joining the Project?   What is your reason for joining the Project? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 3:39 pm

I am joining this community because I want to bring the actual concept of "community" back to MMO's. This genre has become rife with selfishness and elitist attitudes. WoW is a perfect example... if you go on the WoW forums, you are bound to find post-after-post of people putting each other down because of what their armory page looks like. Now, if those people might have taken a moment to get to know the person past their armory page, then they might have found friendships in one another. Unfortunately, everyone started taking each other at face value. Players have become nothing more than pixels instead of people and that saddens me.

I miss the days when you could log in and see your friends list longer than your ignore list.

I miss the days when you would know others outside your guild by name and were comfortable to chat and group with them.

I miss the days when a low-level player would ask a question in general chat and be met with helpful responses instead of the rude confrontations that typically ensue in today's MMO's.

Now with a new game on the horizon, I have a renewed sense of hope that we can establish a community of fun-loving, like-minded individuals who want to enjoy the game and the people that play it. Sure, the MMO genre is very much about the carrot-on-the-stick in terms of character advancement, but what makes that a truly enjoyable experience is sharing it with others.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reignguild.net
KDS - Prometeu

PostSubject: Re: What is your reason for joining the Project?   What is your reason for joining the Project? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 6:53 pm

First I joined just for the possibility to try to find a better server for KDS community.

Now after having the pleasure to read so many posts without trolls I feel like this could actually evolve into something bigger and I'm considering putting a lot more time into it than I originally intended!

/salute
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: What is your reason for joining the Project?   What is your reason for joining the Project? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 10:12 pm

KDS - Prometeu wrote:
First I joined just for the possibility to try to find a better server for KDS community.

Now after having the pleasure to read so many posts without trolls I feel like this could actually evolve into something bigger and I'm considering putting a lot more time into it than I originally intended!

/salute
Glad to hear that! Smile
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: What is your reason for joining the Project?   What is your reason for joining the Project? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 10:16 pm

Hell yeah Prome'!

I was the same way...cautiously optimistic. But now, this thing is "living and breathing", I decided to really put alot more into it! More Crazies to come (5 in here now ATM)!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your reason for joining the Project?   What is your reason for joining the Project? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next