The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

JEDI CONSULAR CORNER

Go down 
+9
Zepour
Horeon
Mli
azarhal
Godric_Barbarosa
Selven
Vam-Yan
Gamewiz
Schwendo
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dresgar

Dresgar

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Dres Gar
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild:

JEDI CONSULAR CORNER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JEDI CONSULAR CORNER   JEDI CONSULAR CORNER - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 5:18 am

I dont know about the rest of you guys but I am kinda disappointed that the Jedi Shadow abilities are restricted to saberstaff =/
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: JEDI CONSULAR CORNER   JEDI CONSULAR CORNER - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 9:33 am

Its kinda the "ying to the yang" of the Sith assassin "Darth Maul" build. Thats prlly the main reason Dre'...
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: JEDI CONSULAR CORNER   JEDI CONSULAR CORNER - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 12:43 pm

Schwendo (Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:33 am) wrote:
Its kinda the "ying to the yang" of the Sith assassin "Darth Maul" build. Thats prlly the main reason Dre'...

The official reason is that they want people to be able to identify a AC by the weapon.

My suspicion is that they wanted to reduce the number of animations and abilities they had to do.

Back to top Go down
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild: Looking for

PostSubject: Re: JEDI CONSULAR CORNER   JEDI CONSULAR CORNER - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 1:05 pm

It makes me a little sad (though hardly surprised) that these 5-hour playthrough articles make it sound like the lightsaber is a mere bauble/stat booster for a sage past very low level. Alas, I still more likely to go Sage for my main. Jedi Guardian now is more likely to become my second alt so that I can get my lightsaber fighting fix.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: JEDI CONSULAR CORNER   JEDI CONSULAR CORNER - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 1:06 pm

I dont' particularly like that...I think it would be cool to have that "unknown element" to just who your opponent is...I can understand by "what weapon" they are wielding...but...clothing/etc...That would add more immersion into the game. Not simply....oh here comes a Jedi Consular...I can tell by the "head to toe gear/weapon...

Does that make any sense??

And, you are prolly correct...They may be doing that to "cut" the animations down...
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: JEDI CONSULAR CORNER   JEDI CONSULAR CORNER - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 6:23 pm

I was looking over Darthhater Consular abilities and a lot of them gave me Guild Wars classes flashbacks.

I also realized that Force Slam is kind of missing????
Back to top Go down
Dresgar

Dresgar

Ingame Characters
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: JEDI CONSULAR CORNER   JEDI CONSULAR CORNER - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 8:12 pm

Schwendo wrote:
I dont' particularly like that...I think it would be cool to have that "unknown element" to just who your opponent is...I can understand by "what weapon" they are wielding...but...clothing/etc...That would add more immersion into the game. Not simply....oh here comes a Jedi Consular...I can tell by the "head to toe gear/weapon...

Exactly bro, that is why I find it disappointing. Its not like you can tell which class is every Jedi in the movies just by their looks.
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: JEDI CONSULAR CORNER   JEDI CONSULAR CORNER - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 8:21 pm

Dresgar wrote:
Schwendo wrote:

Exactly bro, that is why I find it disappointing. Its not like you can tell which class is every Jedi in the movies just by their looks.

To be fair in that respect, the movie Jedi break all class boundaries.

I can respect the wishes to use whatever saber type you want, etc, but I'm fine either way it ends up being personally.

Back to top Go down
Dresgar

Dresgar

Ingame Characters
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: JEDI CONSULAR CORNER   JEDI CONSULAR CORNER - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 8:44 pm

Kai-Sun wrote:
To be fair in that respect, the movie Jedi break all class boundaries.
I understand that, they are supposed to be much stronger than the average Jedi, thus not restricted to a "class".

I simply dislike the fact that when you see an opponent with a double bladed saber then you can be certain he will go into stealth any moment. I agree there has to be a way to identify your opponent, but a lightsaber is supposed to be unique to each Jedi/Sith and being forced to dual wield or use a double bladed saber in a way eliminates that uniqueness.
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: JEDI CONSULAR CORNER   JEDI CONSULAR CORNER - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 2:08 am

Dresgar wrote:

I simply dislike the fact that when you see an opponent with a double bladed saber then you can be certain he will go into stealth any moment.

Gunna pick on this a second, because the Sage has two ways of playing just like every other AC we've seen. So, unless stealth is a baseline for all Shadow's (if it is and I didn't see it cause I haven't read the knew consular info, please forgive my ignorance here...) you may or may not see that Shadow go stealth. Not defending the saber option with this, just merely stating it's possible that this may not be true. Makes me interested to see what alternative they'd offer the Shadow with how their trees are set up. Same for the Knight, I want to know what that bloody buffer/leadership skill tree does Smile

Dresgar wrote:

I agree there has to be a way to identify your opponent, but a lightsaber is supposed to be unique to each Jedi/Sith and being forced to dual wield or use a double bladed saber in a way eliminates that uniqueness.

I can understand that, definitely. I personally don't tend to see the Jedi classes as being separate, just tied to what role I'm playing with lightsaber style, which I can understand if that does NOT mesh with what people want their specific Jedi to wield. I guess I'm a bit more laid back about it, but the weapon restrictions really don't bug me in the slightest.

My only problem with their removal at this point is the impact it has on the other classes and the development time to alter combat/animations/other that has already gone into the game. Something that, given time after release, Bioware might ease up on. And I think Dan E's quote on the subject means they aren't foreign to the idea once they have more time to work on adding those kinds of options.

Back to top Go down
Dresgar

Dresgar

Ingame Characters
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: JEDI CONSULAR CORNER   JEDI CONSULAR CORNER - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 7:28 pm

After reading each Jedi Shadow skill I realized that class is a no-no for me, I will roll a Jedi Sage and then maybe a Jedi Guardian. That should fix my issue with not being able to use a single lightsaber =]
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: JEDI CONSULAR CORNER   JEDI CONSULAR CORNER - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 3:29 am

Alls well in "Saber Camelot" again Wink.

I think my Jerdi Sentinel alt will be a blast to play. Always wanted that "two saber" option in my Jerdi Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JEDI CONSULAR CORNER   JEDI CONSULAR CORNER - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JEDI CONSULAR CORNER
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2