The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Adjustment on Guild Forums

Go down 
+2
Ty-Odi
Coldhart
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Coldhart

Coldhart

Adjustment on Guild Forums Empty
PostSubject: Adjustment on Guild Forums   Adjustment on Guild Forums I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 5:08 pm

Was just wondering if we could get the forums adjusted to reflect our views on server type.

Instead of one guild forum, could we maybe have 3 set up? For PvE, PvP and RIG Community Guilds (guilds who will join RIG where ever) I would sugguest that we don't do an RP server forum atm just because they never said anything on RP servers. I would rather ask our RP'ers to pick between PvE and PvP for now and if Bioware adds RP servers later then we can move them. This way we're not just trying to guess at it but rather going off of actual current info.

It wouldn't take much to move the guild posts we currently have to their proper forum. And when new guilds come in, they can see where to post.

To help Selv move the guild posts, people can reply here to let Selv know for sure where to move their guild posts to. And we can also go off of Schwen's server list to help as well (but there's a lot of people who have yet to respond to it).

Last edited by Coldhart on Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.craziesoftor.guildportal.com
Coldhart

Coldhart

PostSubject: Re: Adjustment on Guild Forums   Adjustment on Guild Forums I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 5:09 pm

Crazies will go under RIG Community Guilds for sure.
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Ty-Odi
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: To Be Confirmed.....

PostSubject: Re: Adjustment on Guild Forums   Adjustment on Guild Forums I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 9:06 pm

Can do mate if peeps want it, was thinking would be better to leave this though, until Selven is able to confirm if we can have sub folders or not? Just keep the main forum board cleaner?
Back to top Go down
https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk
Darka

Darka

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Modos
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Force Academy

PostSubject: Re: Adjustment on Guild Forums   Adjustment on Guild Forums I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 9:08 pm

Could do,
One issue i believe for many could be the official ruling on the rulesets, by that i mean just what you can do and where etc under the rules for server types
I dont think there is a real need to make sub forums especially with the lack of guilds there ( not lack as ina bad way Smile ) Most guilds address this in their guild title and/or first post And some guilds may not be 100% certain on what they want, I could see a faction area but feel what we have now is more then fine Smile
Back to top Go down
Coldhart

Coldhart

PostSubject: Re: Adjustment on Guild Forums   Adjustment on Guild Forums I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 3:01 am

I was just thinking if people saw the catagorized lists of guilds by server type first, then they wouldn't have to read each guild post to find out where they're going. They can just pick PvP guilds or PvE guilds.

I do have a question tho. Everyone keeps saying server rulesets. Not sure if I'm on the same page as exactly what server rulesets mean.

I mean every game I have ever played there's always been PvP servers and PvE servers (a couple games have offered RP servers). On a PvP server in every game I can think of you had open PvP. So what exactly does everyone mean by they don't know what the rulesets of a PvP server will be? I mean PvP on the server tag means it's an open PvP server correct? Am I missing something?

I understand people not knowing if there will be an RP server so they don't know the rulesets in that aspect. But what is there to guess at or not know in a PvP server?

Or do you guys mean we don't know the rulesets for PvP on a PvE server?

Honest question. Just wasn't following this too well so don't think I'm being sarcastic lol.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: Adjustment on Guild Forums   Adjustment on Guild Forums I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 3:50 am

I think it would be convenient to have the guild types "at a glance". That way, joining RiG members can see the guild type they prefer right away.

(Quick Fix):We could just get all the guilds to post "guild type" on their topic...(some already have). Thats just if the server wont let you all split the guilds...

I'd prefer a nice section of each guild type Smile, for the record...
Back to top Go down
Darka

Darka

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Modos
Guild: Force Academy

PostSubject: Re: Adjustment on Guild Forums   Adjustment on Guild Forums I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 4:20 am

Rulesets for the servers, we know there is pve, rp, pvp, but specfic rulings on what can and cant be done would be nice to know

A thread at the top of the guild forums is all thats needed, a listing by server, link to thread, and website, like what they set up

Smile
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Adjustment on Guild Forums   Adjustment on Guild Forums I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 5:54 am

Its just a bit out of date. We need to get the author in here to update, or use Godric's link as the template for a revised list Wink. We gotsta keep it current...
Back to top Go down
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild: Looking for

PostSubject: Re: Adjustment on Guild Forums   Adjustment on Guild Forums I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 1:21 pm

Schwendo wrote:
We gotsta keep it current...
I agree with Darka that a single thread listing guilds by server type with links to their website/thread is best. Azpb had a great idea establishing that thread but it wasn't kept up to date. The reason I created the google doc was so that if for whatever reason I don't keep it up to date other people can. Is there a way to create a thread here so that it is publicaly editable?
Back to top Go down
Coldhart

Coldhart

PostSubject: Re: Adjustment on Guild Forums   Adjustment on Guild Forums I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 3:22 pm

Probably not. If they grant rights it would be admin rights more than likely and that gives evewyting

What do we get for ten dollars? Evewyting you wan. Everything? Evewyting.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Adjustment on Guild Forums   Adjustment on Guild Forums I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 10:30 pm

great movie...full metal...jackert!

Also, I almost forgot., the guild tab at top is a good place to find "who's who". I know its tought to correlate that tab with a link for guild types, but, we can find some middle ground to totally streamline this out. Its not bad now, just needs some tinkering, and a bit of Cold/Godric/Darka/Schwen/Selv' TLC. Smile

*Sings "Waterfalls", by TLC*
Back to top Go down
Coldhart

Coldhart

PostSubject: Re: Adjustment on Guild Forums   Adjustment on Guild Forums I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 1:46 am

/ sings We are da world. We are da childrens. We are da ones...Oh FU@# this ghey a$$ song!!!
Back to top Go down
vlak

vlak

PostSubject: Re: Adjustment on Guild Forums   Adjustment on Guild Forums I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 12:01 am

Please bear in mind there are guilds in and out of here that are not recruiting and don't plan too Smile

*says the grumpy old man in the corner*

But I would like to have a better idea of what everyone wants and where everyone would like to go server wise. Frankly, if the consensus is a PVE server, it will alll end in tears for us! We Finally found some gamers with self-respect and common sense...NOOOOO must......pehvehpeh!

Ive been nerding a looooong time...and while the enviornment is essentially the same, it has been saturated with more dumb people over the last 5 years. This is why I am here, as well as my guild, but that doesn't include looking for many members we only pick up about 1 a year.

If the guild list can be organized in a way that allows people easily ascertain the basics (faction, playstyle, server) that would help greatly.

Vlak
Back to top Go down
http://myveterans.org
Coldhart

Coldhart

PostSubject: Re: Adjustment on Guild Forums   Adjustment on Guild Forums I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 1:52 am

Well actually, we don't know anything about RP servers. They only mentioned PvE and PvP. That's why I was saying we don't know about RP servers.

But if we had the guild list showing PvE and PvP guilds then people could quickly see where they want to go, then start checking out all the guilds listed therein. And for now at least, RP guilds can be listed under their scondary catagory...PvP or PvE.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Adjustment on Guild Forums   Adjustment on Guild Forums I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 2:11 am

I'll PM Selv about this, gang. Maybe I'll work on it tonight. If I'm the author you know I'll-a be updating it daily (no offense to that other Az player (not Azarhal Wink).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adjustment on Guild Forums   Adjustment on Guild Forums I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adjustment on Guild Forums
Page 1 of 1