The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?

Go down 
+28
Pyara_Raga
lordmarvelpl
Dharnell
Grome
pizzathehut
Rayviin
Xavier
Mli
Godric_Barbarosa
Buddhist
ShavedEwok
CRR_Kathy
archifikos
Zephrus
WesleyP.
MorgonKara
Variable
azarhal
Gamewiz
Zepour
Kai-Sun
Selven
Finiffa
Ty-Odi
Schwendo
Sylrah
Darka
Lugaidh
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lugaidh
Incurable smartass
Lugaidh

Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? Empty
PostSubject: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 4:36 am

Who in here is excited about SWTOR because they're a diehard Star Wars fan or just jazzed about a new mmo? There are quite a few mmos coming out or have come out recently (wow cataclysm.. bleh!!, GW2 meh.., Tera.. eh..? or SWTOR woot! heh heh heh!). So my question is, is it the prospect of a new mmo that has you interested or are you excited about anything Star Wars? Let the discussion begin.. K GO!!
Back to top Go down
Darka

Darka

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Modos
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Force Academy

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 5:10 am

More a Star Wars fan then a MMO fan, not saying i hate MMOs but its what is brining us to TOR
Back to top Go down
Sylrah

Sylrah

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 6:24 am

It's not really that black and white for me. But I'm going to have to say that it's more to do with Star Wars than being an MMORPG for me. Ofcourse I also like the fact that it's an MMORPG, but if it wasn't comming to be as it is I might have let it hang to dry.

It being made by BioWare has kept me with it, being Star Wars has spiked my curiosity (seriously a lot of fantasy MMOs out there, it gets old). But this will probably be the last MMORPG I'm going to touch, unless it changes future generations.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 10:13 am

I was 5 years old when the first Star Wars came out....(yoda): Changed my life....it did

Love gaming, but, theres a special emphasis on the Star Wars games. Its like stepping into the movies! (when done right)

So, um, both...but heavy Star Wars "Schw'influenced" Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? 756107
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Ty-Odi
Guild: To Be Confirmed.....

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 10:26 am

I think it's a combo of things for me.

Star Wars - Awesome Smile

Bioware - Awesome Smile

MMORPG - Awesome Smile

All ingredients are right to make something amazing, but I have seen plenty of other games with likewise potential fall flat on their faces, so who knows? I am optimistic with this one though Smile
Back to top Go down
https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk
Finiffa

Finiffa

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 10:30 am

I really like Star Wars plus the fact that I am kinda tired of all those "standard" fantasy MMO's. Of course you could say that Star Wars = fantasy but at least it is Sci Fi. PEWPEW!!

A huge plus is of course that it's made by Bioware!

So it is a mixture of all of these that make me look forward to this MMORPG more then anything else thats coming.
Back to top Go down
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Selven
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 12:26 pm

I wanted to say Star Wars is #1, but then I'm not into everything George Lucas sold the last decade. Not to mention all the stories coming from other sources. My biggest pet peeve has got to be GLs Zombie Troopers, though! I can't believe he thought that was a good idea!

Hmm..now I'm way off topic! See what you made me do? Wink

I've been hoping for a good MMORPG in the Star Wars Universe and the fact Bioware is making it, has got me almost jumping up and down in my chair for 2 years now.

The thing is, I'm tired of MMOs in general (have tried 4 different ones in the last 3 months and they all look and feel the same after the first few levels) I'm hoping the RPG part of this one is gonna keep me interested for a long time. Knowing Bioware's ability to keeping me playing and replaying their games, I'm sure this is The MMO for me.

So there you have it; Star Wars>MMO<Bioware
Put the three ingedients together, add a good chunk of RPG and I'm very stoked!
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 12:54 pm

Ty-Odi wrote:

Bioware - Awesome Smile

MMORPG - Awesome Smile

All ingredients are right to make something amazing, but I have seen plenty of other games with likewise potential fall flat on their faces, so who knows? I am optimistic with this one though Smile

This, Bioware is utterly amazing, and so them making a Star Wars MMORPG is just fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Zepour

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 1:43 pm

I'm drawn to SW:tOR due to the fact that's a Sci-Fi fantasy MMO, made by Bioware. I really like their older RP games like the Baldur Gate series or Icewind Dale and I'm quite fond of their newer stuff like Mass Effect or DA:O. Also, the Star Wars universe setting is a plus since it's very popular.

Let's just hope Bioware and the Evil Empire won't drop the ball.
Back to top Go down
Lugaidh
Incurable smartass
Lugaidh

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 2:52 pm

Schwendo wrote:
I was 5 years old when the first Star Wars came out....(yoda): Changed my life....it did

Love gaming, but, theres a special emphasis on the Star Wars games. Its like stepping into the movies! (when done right)

So, um, both...but heavy Star Wars "Schw'influenced" Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? 756107

Lol awesome! I was five as well when I first watched Star Wars and I've been in love ever since. I'd be curious to know who else, on many an occasion, held their hand out and tried to move objects with the Force.
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 2:55 pm

Lugaidh wrote:

Lol awesome! I was five as well when I first watched Star Wars and I've been in love ever since. I'd be curious to know who else, on many an occasion, held their hand out and tried to move objects with the Force.

Who DOESN'T walk up to Walmart or other convenience stores and wave their hand at the automatic doors from time to time?
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 2:57 pm

*raises hand at Kai's comment*
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 2:57 pm

Schwendo wrote:
*raises hand at Kai's comment*

Watch where you're pointing those things.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 3:33 pm

Sometimes, they seem to have a mind of their own. Kinda like the Octopus guy on Spidey II, only different...
Back to top Go down
Gamewiz

Gamewiz

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 3:46 pm

Ty-Odi wrote:

Bioware - Awesome Smile

MMORPG - Awesome Smile

I second this! Very Happy This is EXACTLY why I am so stoked to eventually get my hands on this game!
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 10:28 pm

I have a confession to make, I didn't care about TOR when it was announced. Then I saw that I could play a Smuggler...and everything changed.

I'm more into Star Wars and new got bored in a BioWare game. I don't mind that it is a MMO, I just hope we have a great community.
Back to top Go down
Variable
That Handsome Devil
Variable

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Soloman Bokur
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Reign

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 11:22 pm

In all honesty, it is a coupling of several things I enjoy. I grew up on Star Wars, I like MMOs, and I appreciate good game design. Star Wars + MMO had me interested enough, but when you add BioWare into the equation, a company that is responsible for some of my favorite games (I still can't stay away from the Mass Effect series), and its a no brainer for me.
Back to top Go down
MorgonKara
Shot First
MorgonKara

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 12:50 am

Star Wars fan.
Back to top Go down
WesleyP.

WesleyP.

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 1:11 am

Even if I am a gamer for a long time now, I rarley gave my heart to one studio.
But a friend is die-hard bioware fan like some of you, so, it must be good thing. bounce

For the game itself, everytime i am looking for the feeling similar to the first time I played a mmorpg
or the days of vanilla (i loved it, sorry . Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? 419890 ). And i think, this could happen here. This forum is a milestone.

So, i was looking for a new mmo first, but i love Star Wars.
Even if i was always a trekker, but ST:O... nay...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheOldPipes
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 1:14 am

Don't think that using small font will fool us!!

/draws attention to the last line in Wes' post....

Even if i was always a trekker, but ST:O... nay...

Hehe Smile

Nothing wrong with the 'Trek' Smile
Back to top Go down
WesleyP.

WesleyP.

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 1:14 am

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Is it hot in here or is it me?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheOldPipes
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 1:19 am

WesleyP. wrote:
Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Is it hot in here or is it me?

It's that stuffy Star Fleet uniform.

Though, have to admit, I don't mind some Trek, just not on the same level as Star Wars.

I'd have to say that's because it feels more like a Navy or a military then what you get to see in Star Wars, and my family history is decorated with Navy Veterans. I like the idea of having one big ship to call home, with a lot of people on it.
Back to top Go down
Variable
That Handsome Devil
Variable

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Soloman Bokur
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Reign

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 1:35 am

To be fair, the more recent Trek movie was way better than the most recent Star Wars movie Razz
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 1:37 am

Yeah latest one was rad Smile
Back to top Go down
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Selven

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 1:52 am

Variable wrote:
To be fair, the more recent Trek movie was way better than the most recent Star Wars movie Razz

TraiTOR!

Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? 841825
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next