The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?

Go down 
+28
Pyara_Raga
lordmarvelpl
Dharnell
Grome
pizzathehut
Rayviin
Xavier
Mli
Godric_Barbarosa
Buddhist
ShavedEwok
CRR_Kathy
archifikos
Zephrus
WesleyP.
MorgonKara
Variable
azarhal
Gamewiz
Zepour
Kai-Sun
Selven
Finiffa
Ty-Odi
Schwendo
Sylrah
Darka
Lugaidh
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 1:59 am

Newest Trek movie was definitely a much needed shot in the arm, but I still don't think it tops Revenge of the Sith. Mannequin Skywalker notwhistanding.

God I hate Hayden Christensen's acting.
Back to top Go down
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Selven
Class: Jedi Consular

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 2:06 am

Kai-Sun wrote:
Newest Trek movie was definitely a much needed shot in the arm, but I still don't think it tops Revenge of the Sith. Mannequin Skywalker notwhistanding.

Can't find a bone in my body that objects to that!

What made that movie great had everything to do with the scenery, the battle over Coruscant, the shocking actions of Anakin (yes, we all knew he'd turn evil, but the killing of younglings still makes me shiver when watching the movie) and the fighting on Mustafar. With the music to set the mood ...man .. I'm loving it!
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 2:12 am

Selven wrote:
Kai-Sun wrote:

What made that movie great had everything to do with the scenery, the battle over Coruscant, the shocking actions of Anakin (yes, we all knew he'd turn evil, but the killing of younglings still makes me shiver when watching the movie) and the fighting on Mustafar. With the music to set the mood ...man .. I'm loving it!

The younglings scene was something I wasn't sure George had in him. That was REALLY well done I feel, you get the implication without being distasteful, and it really drives home how far gone he is. Obi-Wan's (Best friggen acting besides Ian Mcdiarmid as Palpatine, in the prequels case,) was just perfect.

I just really wish they had a better actor to play against McGreggor's great Obi-Wan, the last fight scene on Mustafar was great, and the music was wonderful, I just wish he had someone on his opposite who could act better then my dog. George has said he's not an expert at dialogue, which after seeing the prequels I really wish someone had really sat down and hammered out a better script for them, but Christensen just was so deflated as Anakin it was depressing. He progressed quite a bit between AoTC and RoTS, but I still wasn't feeling it.

Last edited by Kai-Sun on Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Variable
That Handsome Devil
Variable

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Soloman Bokur
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Reign

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 2:14 am

Selven wrote:

I can get behind this as well, but there were too many moments that were just plain contrived. The biggest stinker for me, and its only one example, was Padme dying during childbirth because she "just gave up the will to live." I sat there blinking as the theater denizens cursed in unison.

I get that she isn't in the original trilogy and she has to go, but really? With the ultimate medical technology of the universe, a walking animetronic super computer doing the delivery and she dies because she just gave up the ghost? Sorry Lucas, you can do better.

OK, sorry for the soapbox there Razz
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 2:16 am

Variable wrote:

I can get behind this as well, but there were too many moments that were just plain contrived. The biggest stinker for me, and its only one example, was Padme dying during childbirth because she "just gave up the will to live." I sat there blinking as the theater denizens cursed in unison.

I get that she isn't in the original trilogy and she has to go, but really? With the ultimate medical technology of the universe, a walking animetronic super computer doing the delivery and she dies because she just gave up the ghost? Sorry Lucas, you can do better.

OK, sorry for the soapbox there Razz

And, it's a bloody COMPUTER that says she's given up the will to live. Out of place line much?

My only other bug is the fact they replaced Vader's actor in the last scene of Return of the Jedi with Hayden Christensen, felt like a slap in the face.

Other then that I'm pretty laid back and can skip over most of the rest.
Back to top Go down
Lugaidh
Incurable smartass
Lugaidh

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 3:24 am

STAR WARS!!!!!!
SOMEONE TEACH ME HOW TO MAKE A GREEN LIGHTSABER!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Zephrus

Zephrus

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 1:02 pm

I am a KOTOR fan and fan of the Star Wars lore. The books are not that well-written and the last three movies released... well Jar-Jar and midiclorians. 'Nuff said.

Definitely fan of a new MMO I have started with a lot of them. The only one I have stayed with consistently from beta to launch to present day is LOTRO and that's because I have a lifetime sub. Essentially worthless now that they went Free to Play/Free to Pay.

I loved DAOC but felt that unless you were in an uber clan you were progressively left behind.

Loved EQI but got tired of paying for sloppy, disconnected game upgrades (Planes of Power jumped the shark as far as I was concerned). Also Sony really ruined it. They are good at that.

Never loved Wow but I play it because... well I play it. lol.

I like IMVU for roleplaying but too much godmodding since there is no fair game mechanism for resolving combat. Also no collision meshes on the items and toons so you are stuck with stupid dot-hopping.

I really enjoy Eve Online and have started playing again. But... unrealistic space combat and no planetside adventures. Still darn better than a rail shooter though.

Ready for something different and this is the most promising project I have seen since the sad demise of Sierra's Middle-Earth Online project.

I think Bioware is great, Mythic is great, Lucasarts has very good storytelling and wonderful production values. That doesn't add up to a great MMO necessarily but there is great potential.

Also I am an explorer and want some new worlds to explore.

I am trying to steer Bioware a bit in the right direction on the forums as far as roleplaying -- I know I am probably about a year late but better than never.

The one thing which is worrying me is that Lucasarts will push the game out the door like they forced Obsidian to do with KOTOR II which made what should have been an awesome game mediocre and unsatisfying because it left so many loose ends.

Instead we got some text amounting to "and they all lived happily ever after" and flew away bye!

As for trying to move items with the force mentioned above before I was in grade school even I used to stand on one foot and then try to lift the other foot. Never worked though, lol.
Back to top Go down
archifikos

archifikos

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 7:49 pm

I'm both a Bioware and Star Wars fan, even though I haven't delved into EU lore the original trilogy I saw as a kid really stands out as something that shaped my character. I'm not much of an MMO fan to be honest and didn't feel like even touching another MMO after WoW (which I only started due to my RL friends playing), but this community has me stoked and ready for some Star Wars MMO action Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? - Page 2 756107
Back to top Go down
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 8:31 pm

archifikos wrote:
I'm both a Bioware and Star Wars fan, even though I haven't delved into EU lore the original trilogy I saw as a kid really stands out as something that shaped my character. I'm not much of an MMO fan to be honest and didn't feel like even touching another MMO after WoW (which I only started due to my RL friends playing), but this community has me stoked and ready for some Star Wars MMO action Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? - Page 2 756107

Yeah, that's the thing! I was just about ready to never play an MMO ever again after years of same old same old. But with the fantatic update from Bioware lately and this community shaping up, who can resist? Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? - Page 2 700715
Back to top Go down
CRR_Kathy

CRR_Kathy

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 9:54 pm

I'm going to go ahead and risk getting tomatoes thrown at me and say that the Star Wars theme is actually not at the top of things that are drawing me to TOR. Shocked

For me, it's the combination of BioWare and wanting to see what they are going to do with the MMO genre that have made me most interested in TOR. I'm tired of WoW and am really looking forward to something new.

I am also excited because I have a feeling that the audience for TOR is going to include a lot of people who are new to MMOs and who have a fresher, less jaded, approach. Also, the Star Wars crowd seems super dedicated and welcoming. I think it's going to be a great community.
Back to top Go down
http://www.corellianrun.com
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 10:19 pm

Creedence Revival ..um...Revival Kathy,

I think that, if the new crafting/ companion system is any indicator of Bio-Wares innovation with the MMO genre, we are ALL gonna have a blast! Regardless of if you are a SW fan or not, hehe...
Back to top Go down
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 11:14 pm

CRR_Kathy wrote:
I'm going to go ahead and risk getting tomatoes thrown at me and say that the Star Wars theme is actually not at the top of things that are drawing me to TOR. Shocked

For me, it's the combination of BioWare and wanting to see what they are going to do with the MMO genre that have made me most interested in TOR. I'm tired of WoW and am really looking forward to something new.

I am also excited because I have a feeling that the audience for TOR is going to include a lot of people who are new to MMOs and who have a fresher, less jaded, approach. Also, the Star Wars crowd seems super dedicated and welcoming. I think it's going to be a great community.

Actually, I'm guessing a lot of people are in it for the same reasons you are. It would be foolish to think every potential TOR gamer is a huge Star Wars fan. I've played games that I knew nothing about lorewise before I joined and I still had a good time in game. I agree that players will be drawn to TOR for several reasons - those who like MMOs in general, those who like RPG, from multiplayer and singleplayer games, those who enjoy Bioware games in addition to the Star Wars fans. I believe that's gonna enrich this game in a way few (if any) games have managed so far.

So no tomato from me! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 11:57 pm

Schwendo wrote:

Clearly Rad Rutabaga Kathy.

Yea, even if this wasn't Star Wars, just because Bioware is doing it was enough to get me excited. Add this AMAZING community, FULL VO (This is massive to me, I want to be a voice actor, or at least take lessons,) and story...well I sound like a Bioware rep.

It's all gravy to me, I may have run into a lot of jaded players, but I try to pride myself on surrounding myself with good down to earth people just looking for a good time, that like helping people instead of being mean.

Back to top Go down
archifikos

archifikos

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 1:03 am

Selven wrote:

Yeah, that's the thing! I was just about ready to never play an MMO ever again after years of same old same old. But with the fantatic update from Bioware lately and this community shaping up, who can resist? Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? - Page 2 700715

I loved the crafting update too, I think it will be interesting...

And yeah, this community is surreal! i would venture that there's no other community like this in any other MMO... And that's because it's filled with people from such backgrounds and with such different tastes in gaming whose only common goal is genuine kindness and respect... No PvE vs PvP, harcore vs casual etc. arguments, each type is here, and each person is cool with everyone else's preference.

I really, really hope we can keep it together and keep growing till launch day... It's truly a noble goal IMO Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? - Page 2 780832
Back to top Go down
ShavedEwok

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 3:14 am

I'm a huge Star Wars fan and also a fan of BioWare as gamemakers. Also, the fact that it's an MMO doesn't exactly hurt either.

In short, I'm really looking forward to this game and can't wait to play it.

Oh, and I also agree with previous posters on the recent Crew Skills update being pretty awesome.

Cheers

SE

Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 12:42 pm

Kai-Sun wrote:
Schwendo wrote:

Who are you Kai? John Madden now?? hehe..."BOOM, tough actin' Schw'inactin!!"
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 2:10 pm

Schwendo wrote:
Kai-Sun wrote:
Schwendo wrote:

Who are you Kai? John Madden now?? hehe..."BOOM, tough actin' Schw'inactin!!"

Well, you see, whoever scores the most points is going to be the winner, I feel whoever has the most points is going to win, is what I'm saying.

Cadbury Really Rocks Kathy

Conquistadores Running Rampant Kathy

Back to top Go down
CRR_Kathy

CRR_Kathy

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 2:20 pm

Just had to say...I am lovin' all my new nicknames. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.corellianrun.com
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 2:23 pm

CRR_Kathy wrote:
Just had to say...I am lovin' all my new nicknames. Very Happy

I was going to suggest Correlian Run Radio, but that was just...well, silly.

Captain Rems Raiders Kathy

Colorblind Rats Rejoice Kathy
Back to top Go down
Sylrah

Sylrah

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 2:29 pm

Kai-Sun wrote:
Colorblind Rats Rejoice Kathy

I think we have a winner.

And there was much rejoicing. *waves flag* Yay.
Back to top Go down
Buddhist

Buddhist

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 8:16 pm

Huge Star Wars fan, and a huge fan of MMOs. Just got SWGEmu up and running to play while waiting around for TOR.
Back to top Go down
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild: Looking for

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 4:55 pm

Lugaidh wrote:

Lol awesome! I was five as well when I first watched Star Wars and I've been in love ever since. I'd be curious to know who else, on many an occasion, held their hand out and tried to move objects with the Force.

If you have ever seen Mallrats- I do Silent Bob trying to use the force to grab things all the time.

On topic, I love Star Wars but SWG proved that I need more than the IP. The combat was horrible in that game from the start and then they ruined everything else that was actually interesting in that game. I love Bioware, but honestly I haven't played anything of there's since Neverwinter Nights, do to time and money constraints. But put the Star Wars and Bioware together and I'm there. An MMO is just icing on the cake, as long as they community is good. Which is why I am here.
Back to top Go down
Mli

Mli

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 1:56 pm

Well what can i say Bioware are just great. They have never let me down with there games, always delivered a game that met my expectations compaired to meny other stuidos. This together with the fact that im sick and tired of wow and that is in a diffrent setting then "medeval age" makes it really appealing.

Back to top Go down
Xavier

Xavier

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Xavier Dragen
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Zero³

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 8:43 pm

First, let me say that I am a Star Wars fan, an MMO fan, and a BioWare fan. I love them all. However, if I had to pick an order, it would go like this.

1) Star Wars - I've been watching it since 1982.
2) BioWare - I've been playing their games since Baldur's Gate. 1997?
3) MMOs - I started playing UO in 1999, switched to EQ in 2000. The rest is history.

Back to top Go down
Rayviin

Rayviin

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 5:47 am

I think the biggest draw for me is the story concept for this mmo.

I'm not a particularly huge SW fan; I mean I like it but I'm definitely not a hardcore fanatic searching out every piece of lore.
I also would say I'm more a fan MMO's for their potential rather than the end product (so far). Like others have commented, I am sick of wow. Been playing it for 4 years and only recently found a guild I felt like sticking with.

I also really enjoyed Kotor 1 and 2(except for all the bugs lol) so that is a huge influence for why I look forward to TOR.Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? - Page 2 744788
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?   Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Wars fan or a fan of a new mmo?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next