The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Guest Writers" Involved with TOR- Special Author Story Updates?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Darka

Darka

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Modos
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Force Academy

"Guest Writers" Involved with TOR- Special Author Story Updates? Empty
PostSubject: "Guest Writers" Involved with TOR- Special Author Story Updates?   "Guest Writers" Involved with TOR- Special Author Story Updates? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 9:05 am

With Star Wars we have a wide range of Authors who have contributed to this great brand, some have created some of the most loved characters, and most memorable moments.
With TOR focusing on story, why not get them involved?

We know they have a current writing team with a lead writer, and we know they will have game updates. Why not ask a guest author to outline a plot for an update, let them know what we have, work with the canon established and then let them go from there
Have them work along side the team and helping them bring their addition to The Old Republic alive.
This is not to take away from the writers or replace them, but it would be great for many to see such names like Timothy Zahn, Kevin Anderson adding their creative ability to a small part of TOR

Reading of upcoming updates, and continued story only to find out some well known Author has been involved in creating this update to the universe, a side story/plot away from the main lines would work just as well
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: "Guest Writers" Involved with TOR- Special Author Story Updates?   "Guest Writers" Involved with TOR- Special Author Story Updates? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 2:08 pm

That actually sounds pretty interesting at least to suggest to Bioware, with the added possibility of maybe having contests to allow players win the chance at such a thing as well. Work along side Bioware to create a piece of the game?

As for guest Authors, I'd love to see Michael Stackpole do some work.
Back to top Go down
Xavier

Xavier

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Xavier Dragen
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Zero³

PostSubject: Re: "Guest Writers" Involved with TOR- Special Author Story Updates?   "Guest Writers" Involved with TOR- Special Author Story Updates? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 4:57 am

I would love for an EU writer like Zahn or Michael Stackpole to write a Flashpoint or two. That would be pretty freakin' cool and something they could do in a regular content update, while their regular stable of writers worked on big expansions to the class stories.

Back to top Go down
Aldemarran

Aldemarran

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Agent Redacted
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Redacted

PostSubject: Re: "Guest Writers" Involved with TOR- Special Author Story Updates?   "Guest Writers" Involved with TOR- Special Author Story Updates? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 5:26 am

It is a very interesting idea, but how well does a book writer make stories that can be played? Especially in the rather limited context of a video game.
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: "Guest Writers" Involved with TOR- Special Author Story Updates?   "Guest Writers" Involved with TOR- Special Author Story Updates? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 2:19 pm

Aldemarran wrote:
It is a very interesting idea, but how well does a book writer make stories that can be played? Especially in the rather limited context of a video game.

I would probably say exceptionally well as long as they work closely with Bioware, which they'd have to. They'd still be working with the cinematic director, and I think the experience would be pretty awesome for the writer.

Out of the SW authors I know I still say Stackpole would be awesome....but then I started reading his novels back when he was writing for Battletech, and I think he's the only SW author I actually know. Ha.
Back to top Go down
Xavier

Xavier

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Xavier Dragen
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Zero³

PostSubject: Re: "Guest Writers" Involved with TOR- Special Author Story Updates?   "Guest Writers" Involved with TOR- Special Author Story Updates? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 9:58 pm

[quote="Kai-Sun"]
Aldemarran wrote:
Out of the SW authors I know I still say Stackpole would be awesome....but then I started reading his novels back when he was writing for Battletech, and I think he's the only SW author I actually know. Ha.
Kai,
Slightly off-topic, but check out Stackpole's latest. It's called "At the Queen's Command" It's the first book in the Crown Colonies series. Loosely based on the American Revolution, it adds a touch of magic and fantasy to the story.

Think of it as a blend of high fantasy and historical fiction. Names of the major players (Colonists, England, France, and Native Americans) have all been changed and muskets are fired by pressing on a "Firestone" (not pulling a trigger) and invoking a spell which ignites brimstone, thereby propelling the musket ball.

It's really quite entertaining. I just finished, can't wait for the next book. The series starts in 1764, which in our history would be just after the French and Indian War.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Guest Writers" Involved with TOR- Special Author Story Updates?   "Guest Writers" Involved with TOR- Special Author Story Updates? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Guest Writers" Involved with TOR- Special Author Story Updates?
Page 1 of 1