The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reid, Zellers, Chestney, Oh my...

Go down 
+2
azarhal
Godric_Barbarosa
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Looking for

Reid, Zellers, Chestney, Oh my... Empty
PostSubject: Reid, Zellers, Chestney, Oh my...   Reid, Zellers, Chestney, Oh my... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 2:55 am

If your into this kind of thing it might be interesting to check out the Dev Tracker. They have been unusually active over the last day or so.

I have to praise Reid. I know he's had some jokes fall flat, but if I had to answer the same questions and listen to people complain about the same things over and over again even after they have been answered I'd be much more likely to make flippant remarks that would surely upset someone. They have released far more info about this game on a far more regular basis than any other game I can think of, ever.
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Reid, Zellers, Chestney, Oh my...   Reid, Zellers, Chestney, Oh my... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 1:40 pm

Good lord...How will this end...

I totally dropped out of the official forum though.

Oh and I'm still laughing at this comment on healing::
Quote :
I was referring to (advanced) classes, not abilities.
Back to top Go down
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Selven
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Reid, Zellers, Chestney, Oh my...   Reid, Zellers, Chestney, Oh my... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 3:39 pm

azarhal wrote:

Oh and I'm still laughing at this comment on healing::
Quote :
I was referring to (advanced) classes, not abilities.

Reid, Zellers, Chestney, Oh my... 780832
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight

PostSubject: Re: Reid, Zellers, Chestney, Oh my...   Reid, Zellers, Chestney, Oh my... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 4:19 pm

Actually a very good thread with all the relevant yellow dev posts by our own GamewizX

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=250194

And I'm happy to see hints at more healing AC's, already talking about it on the Knight and Trooper forums.

Professor Walsh is a friend (who I'd hope joins the RiG, and I get to play with him when the game launches), but most of his topics he brings up are things I disagree with him on (just the ones in that post, about the time lines, sith bias, n such), and it's rather nice to see Bioware along the same lines as I was thinking.
Back to top Go down
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Reid, Zellers, Chestney, Oh my...   Reid, Zellers, Chestney, Oh my... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 6:58 pm

Kai-Sun wrote:
Actually a very good thread with all the relevant yellow dev posts by our own GamewizX

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=250194

And I'm happy to see hints at more healing AC's, already talking about it on the Knight and Trooper forums.

Professor Walsh is a friend (who I'd hope joins the RiG, and I get to play with him when the game launches), but most of his topics he brings up are things I disagree with him on (just the ones in that post, about the time lines, sith bias, n such), and it's rather nice to see Bioware along the same lines as I was thinking.

I don't know Prof Walsh well enough to call him a friend but I've been had some good discussions with him and others in his threads and on the Jedi council streams. I think it would be great if he joined us. I wish nothing but the best for him, his health and his family, but the community got a six hour playthrough of the JEDI. Do we really need a twenty minute video? Give the "sith bias" thing a rest, please.

Chestney pretty much stated something I speculated in one of his threads last spring/early summer on "sith bias".
Back to top Go down
Zepour

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Reid, Zellers, Chestney, Oh my...   Reid, Zellers, Chestney, Oh my... I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 12:16 pm

Just found this quote from Stephen Reid:

Quote :
Regarding any announcements [at PAX East], well we pretty much know what you want to hear about... so we'll do our best to announce things that'll satisfy you.
I think it's not hard to guess what many TOR followers want to hear ... Smile
Back to top Go down
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Reid, Zellers, Chestney, Oh my...   Reid, Zellers, Chestney, Oh my... I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 12:58 pm

Zepour wrote:
Just found this quote from Stephen Reid:

Quote :
Regarding any announcements [at PAX East], well we pretty much know what you want to hear about... so we'll do our best to announce things that'll satisfy you.
I think it's not hard to guess what many TOR followers want to hear ... Smile

Well unless they announce it's been pushed back after spring I'd hope we'd get that announced before mid-March
Back to top Go down
Aohh

Aohh

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Aohh Soleil Noir
Guild: N/A

PostSubject: Re: Reid, Zellers, Chestney, Oh my...   Reid, Zellers, Chestney, Oh my... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 12:23 am

Today Stephen revealed that Empire players would not be able to put their feet on Coruscant...
Threads and endless complaining ensuing.

I fear that the devs will post less in consequence.
Back to top Go down
Zepour

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Reid, Zellers, Chestney, Oh my...   Reid, Zellers, Chestney, Oh my... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 2:05 am

Heh ... I just found something fitting:

"If you want to hate an MMO that you currently like, then read the official forums."

From Bio Break.
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight

PostSubject: Re: Reid, Zellers, Chestney, Oh my...   Reid, Zellers, Chestney, Oh my... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 5:13 am

Aohh wrote:
Today Stephen revealed that Empire players would not be able to put their feet on Coruscant...
Threads and endless complaining ensuing.

I fear that the devs will post less in consequence.

I personally don't see a problem.

I mean, the Republic holds Coruscant fully, and I think they'd be a BIT angry if Sith were anywhere near it specially after the Sacking.

Besides, Sith have Dromund Kass. Though, screenshot showed a Jedi there but it was concept art. I cannot say either way if it's Imp only but I would theorize that they might go that way due to this revelation.
Back to top Go down
Zepour

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Reid, Zellers, Chestney, Oh my...   Reid, Zellers, Chestney, Oh my... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 1:24 pm

Found an interesting piece of info on Dev Tracker today. Apparently, TOR will feature some sort of "limited body physics." In "Observation: people being sent flying in ballistic arcs", Georg Zoeller said:

Quote :
... It's a limited form of physics, not just a baked animation that moves you for a set distance every time.

You'll really appreciate the difference when that Jedi Master sends you flying 30 meters, before you crash into a wall, go down - and just as you recover your footing see him Force Leap at you with his lightsaber drawn.

We have control over angle, magnitude, etc. of the impacting force and it's used in quite a few scenarios, most notably, of course, Force powers. It's not full body physics (like e.g. GTA IV) by any means, in case you were hoping for that, but it does the job quite nicely for us, and definitely helps create a combat experience that feels different from your standard A-hits-B-hits-A-uses-special-ability-on-B MMO combat.

Some of the class trailers show it briefly (eg knocking people off a bridge), but we haven't really highlighted it a lot (yet). It's just part of our recipe for building combat that feels like Star Wars.
TOR = WoW with lightsabers? Yeah right ... Smile
Back to top Go down
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Reid, Zellers, Chestney, Oh my...   Reid, Zellers, Chestney, Oh my... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 2:02 pm

Zepour wrote:
TOR = WoW with lightsabers? Yeah right ... Smile

SWTOR is WoW with lightsabers, only with
1. Better Physics
2. Choreographed Combat
3. Faster Combat
EDIT: 4. Character movement during combat
5. Better Graphics
6. Meaningful Companions
7. Space Combat
8. Cinematic Scene Design
9. A crafting system with more depth and options.
10. Meaningful Objective oriented PvP
11. Meaningful Questing
12. Full Voice Acting
13. Choices that change outcomes.
14. And something else I think they may have forgotten to mention...I think it was Story

Anything I missed. I was thinking of cross posting this in at least a hundred of the WoW clone threads on the main site.
Back to top Go down
Zepour

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Reid, Zellers, Chestney, Oh my...   Reid, Zellers, Chestney, Oh my... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 2:21 pm

It looks that Developer Tracker has been much more active lately. I found several interesting pieces of information there -- nothing to write home about, but still worth reading.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reid, Zellers, Chestney, Oh my...   Reid, Zellers, Chestney, Oh my... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reid, Zellers, Chestney, Oh my...
Page 1 of 1