The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Event Co-ordinators/New to event organising helpers?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Ty-Odi
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: To Be Confirmed.....

Event Co-ordinators/New to event organising helpers? Empty
PostSubject: Event Co-ordinators/New to event organising helpers?   Event Co-ordinators/New to event organising helpers? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 11:29 am

I have been doing a little thinking lately in regards to perhaps trying to form some kind of structure to the RiG once the game goes live?

I am by no means set on doing this, but I think the idea is worth taking a look at and discussing anyhow? Though I see the RiG largely as an advertising platform and discussion area to some degree, and one open to any and all who wish to get a server wide or faction event etc, etc up and running, I was thinking that perhaps a few amongst us might be of use as Event Co-ordinators? At no time would anyone who does this be there to ‘Take over’ or to change anything what so ever in regards to the event being put forward, but they would instead be used to help promote and if required help in setting up events for those who have an idea, but are unsure on how to pull it off? They would act as a kind of assistant to getting these events set up, offer advice is asked, and perhaps point people in the direction of others who may be able to assist them with getting their event set up and so on.

Some of us have set up all manner of events in the past, others have never even played an MMO before, let alone set up a server wide event, they would likely have no real idea how to go about this? Who to contact? How to get invites and so on sent out, and it is to those types, or those with only very limited experience that an Event Co-ordinator might come in handy?

I know when I set up my very first event, it was a disaster lol, very poorly executed, poorly ran, and only a handful of people outside of my own guild turned up, we still had a laugh, but it could have been so much better, no question, and if I had perhaps had someone who could have offered me some advice, helped put me in contact with some individuals and guilds who would likely be interested in attending, maybe put me in contact with some people who had experience at not only running their own events, but also in getting others to run smoothly as well, I just think something like that would have been pretty sweet?

I am not looking for volunteers at the minute hehe, this is just a discussion on whether something like this could be of benefit, or alternatively, do you see any potential issues or conflicts with having something like this set up?

I am sure many of you will be running your own guild events, and will likely know who you will invite once we have been playing a little while to each event, and will have all manner of experience in running events, and those that do, I would never ever dream of interfering with, the Event Co-ordinator role I have in mind would be very much along the same lines as potential newbie helpers, which I already know a few of you have every intention of being.

So thoughts? Ideas on other potential roles some of us could play in the wider community, ways in which we could perhaps use this site, and its members to help people out, to get advice and guidance through experience to those newer to these types of games and so on? Any and all ideas are welcome!
Back to top Go down
https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk
Aylin

Aylin

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Aylin Reeves
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: ARES

PostSubject: Re: Event Co-ordinators/New to event organising helpers?   Event Co-ordinators/New to event organising helpers? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 4:31 pm

I think it's a good idea to start working with! Although, like you said Ty, the "event helper" shouldn't be resonsible for every RiG event in the sense of: "what you want to run a RiG event? No chance, talk to XYZ they are the event guys" Wink

But I would imagine that a "RiG Server Event Team" could help individuals that want to hold any type of event. There are going to be rig members that are exceptional graphical artists who could take over the task of designing event posters when it comes to promoting the thing on official forums (if bioware ever allows posting pics Smile) . There will be those who know EVERYBODY and could spread the word faster and wider to help promote an event in game... etc etc.
This way everyone who wants to organize an event but lacks skills in a certain area, or just wants to share the workload lol, can turn to them for advice/support.
Maybe we could even compile an Event Cookbook on this forum as well. jocolor
Back to top Go down
http://www.aresproject.de
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Event Co-ordinators/New to event organising helpers?   Event Co-ordinators/New to event organising helpers? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 4:38 pm

Aylin wrote:

I suddenly want to hold a cooking even between the Republic and the Sith, IRON CHEF STYLE /srs asian face!

lol
Back to top Go down
Aylin

Aylin

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Aylin Reeves
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: ARES

PostSubject: Re: Event Co-ordinators/New to event organising helpers?   Event Co-ordinators/New to event organising helpers? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 7:01 pm

Kai-Sun wrote:
Aylin wrote:

I suddenly want to hold a cooking even between the Republic and the Sith, IRON CHEF STYLE /srs asian face!

lol

hehehehe ewok spitroast FTW! (lol keep yer minds out of the gutter!!! Razz ) But I guess the Sith side has to provide the ewoks.. our Republic consulars can bring some herbs though i guess *grins*
Back to top Go down
http://www.aresproject.de
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: Event Co-ordinators/New to event organising helpers?   Event Co-ordinators/New to event organising helpers? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 5:42 am

Oh, I can see it now...

Iron Chef Corucsant!...Between Iron Sith Schwen and Jerdi Chef Kai!....tonights secret ingredient....BANTHA POODOO!

I think along the lines of earlier topics on this subject is a good idea. That being, put almost like a "wedding coordinator" in charge of each type of event that best suits their interests. I, for one, would love to help coordinate player events...fun stuff...It plays to my strengths/interests....that being a complete idiot..Wink First order of business, break down the type of IG events...

RP...

PVP...

PVE...

PLAYER EVENT...

CANTINA ORIENTED...

PLANET SPECIFIC...

LIGHT/DARK SPECIFIC...

CLASS SPECIFIC...

SPACE ORIENTED...

and others? I smell another list. (yay!)

Theres some brainstorming there for ya (in my case, its "brain-partly cloudy with a chance of showers")

Can anyone else expound upon the above IG event criteria? thx..
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Ty-Odi
Guild: To Be Confirmed.....

PostSubject: Re: Event Co-ordinators/New to event organising helpers?   Event Co-ordinators/New to event organising helpers? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 8:49 am

And Schwen throw down the gauntlet!! hehehe Smile

May ask for this to be taken into its own thread actually though if thats ok? Lets break down, and brain storm some ideas for events! Smile

Oooh and you fogot Naked Marathon across deadly planet...(So much fun on Dathomir in SWG, haha)

Speeder bike races.

None combat events like Fishing etc if they are in of course.

Crafter fares.

Easter Egg hunts (We did a few of these where we hid certain items in houses which had clues to the next one and so on, and the winner was the first to arrive at the final destination, lots of fun Smile)

Crafter need hunts. (if they need hide/NPC component drops etc we go out on mass and hunt, everything is pooled together at the end, and then shared out amongst the crafters in need)

Newbie Run through events. (A big group forms, and takes off newbies to help them complete anything they are stuck on, or take them through their first few raids and so on, explaining what to do, where to find the info they need to help them etc)

Ok, Ok.....I could go on and on and on, lol, loads of ideas, but like I said, this may be better suited to its own thread perhaps? Smile Or not, no issue with this one being bombarded by ideas at all!! hehe Smile
Back to top Go down
https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Event Co-ordinators/New to event organising helpers?   Event Co-ordinators/New to event organising helpers? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Event Co-ordinators/New to event organising helpers?
Page 1 of 1