The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Black Friday" Crafter Event

Go down 
+6
Godric_Barbarosa
Coldhart
Schwendo
Grome
Kai-Sun
Garbon
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Garbon

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Garbon
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild:

"Black Friday"  Crafter Event Empty
PostSubject: "Black Friday" Crafter Event   "Black Friday"  Crafter Event I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 5:46 pm

I had this idea and am wondering what everyone thinks about it. Basically, it would be a day sort of like RL Black Friday. Participating crafters would gather somewhere and sell their crafted items, crafting materials, and/or schematics for a reduced price. This would allow low-level players to buy gear and crafting materials for a price that they can afford. Of course, crafters would still have the option to sell discounted higher-level items.

"Crafting kilts" could also be sold to low-level players. These kilts would contain several basic, low-level schematics and some basic materials, giving players a solid foundation on which to begin crafting.

In addition, there could also be events based around crafted. Crafting competitions and groups that help players obtain rare schematics are my ideas so far.

Feel free to share your thoughts and ideas on this proposed event.
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: "Black Friday" Crafter Event   "Black Friday"  Crafter Event I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 6:11 pm

I think that'd be pretty neat!

I'd get in on it in a heart beat, especially the kit idea!

Crafting comps would be fun as well, it'd be fun to bring everyone together and share the fruit of our labor (or luck...lol)

Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Smuggler
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: "Black Friday" Crafter Event   "Black Friday"  Crafter Event I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 6:16 pm

I never really got the concept of crafting competitions.

Great idea though, the preparation for this day should be pretty fun too! (get all the kits together with the community)
Like the idea of helping people obtain schematics, the market like gathering thing too.
Back to top Go down
Garbon

Ingame Characters
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: "Black Friday" Crafter Event   "Black Friday"  Crafter Event I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 6:18 pm

Kai-Sun wrote:
I think that'd be pretty neat!

I'd get in on it in a heart beat, especially the kit idea!

Crafting comps would be fun as well, it'd be fun to bring everyone together and share the fruit of our labor (or luck...lol)

Thanks for your support! Feel free to share any ideas you have for crafting competitions or anything else to do with the event.
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight

PostSubject: Re: "Black Friday" Crafter Event   "Black Friday"  Crafter Event I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 9:14 pm

It could be a good way to bring the community together to get people caught up on crew skills, offer some reduced prices as you mentioned on materials to help the server as a whole. Maybe start some items trading as well.

People would catch on and I'd think you'd see a lot of business and anticipation for these events, even help bring those master crafters in one place in case you can't catch them online or didn't know someone had learned X rare pattern. Maybe get people to pool their resources between guilds to help everyone out, and make everyone stronger for it.

There'd have to some guidelines and such, but just some basic ideas to get out there to pick apart to maybe give people some ideas.
Back to top Go down
Garbon

Ingame Characters
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: "Black Friday" Crafter Event   "Black Friday"  Crafter Event I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 12:40 am

Yeah, it would definitely give people an opportunity to trade and socialize. I don't think these events should be too frequent though, otherwise some people may just wait for them to buy whatever they want/need, which would hurt crafters money-wise, especially any that choose not to participate in these events. Guidelines will definitely be necessary, but I think we'll have to wait until Bioware releases more details on crafting and the game in general to decide those. Of course, we have plenty of time.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: "Black Friday" Crafter Event   "Black Friday"  Crafter Event I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 4:44 am

I'm all for this idea as well, Garbon!! Just the "social/community" aspect of it would be "it" for me!
Back to top Go down
Coldhart

Coldhart

PostSubject: Re: "Black Friday" Crafter Event   "Black Friday"  Crafter Event I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 5:01 am

We actually used to have a crafter's night in one of my old WoW guilds. Our guild and the alliance guilds would all get together with our "bank" toons for a couple hours once every couple of weeks. We'ld trade and/or sell crafting mats, weapons, gear, pots...whatever we had that we thought people could use. We pretty much sold things at cost to us...didn't matter if we didn't make money from it. It was going to help friends. Then we would also maybe trade "x" amount of "x" mats for different mats and so on. Just a big flee market basically.

We could make a thread and people could post up their toon name and what they have to offer and/or need.

Example:

Coldhart

Offer:

Bantha Fodder - 12 stacks (20 units/stack)
Fleshy Bat Wing - 10 stacks (50 units/stack)

Need:

Jawa Poo 4 stacks or 80 units
Ewok Testies (for a necklace...don't judge me!) 3 sets or more
Back to top Go down
http://www.craziesoftor.guildportal.com
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: "Black Friday" Crafter Event   "Black Friday"  Crafter Event I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 5:16 am

Hell yeah Cold! I like that! Almost like a "Want-Ad /Classified-Ad" for buying and selling.

Here's a cool name idea..."RiG Bazaar"...whatcha think all??
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: "Black Friday" Crafter Event   "Black Friday"  Crafter Event I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 9:54 am

Alright, so...

Everyone posts his offer & need and then we sometime get together for this bizarre bazaar? (and of course for the other things as well: helping people to obtain schematics, crafting kits...)

Bazaar is neat. There is actually a planet called Bazaar in the Star Wars universe. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bazaar_(planet) Could do it there if they add it ;-) (which I doubt)
Back to top Go down
Garbon

Ingame Characters
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: "Black Friday" Crafter Event   "Black Friday"  Crafter Event I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 7:56 pm

Schwendo wrote:
Hell yeah Cold! I like that! Almost like a "Want-Ad /Classified-Ad" for buying and selling.

Here's a cool name idea..."RiG Bazaar"...whatcha think all??

I like the name Very Happy

Maybe we should post the thread on the official TOR forums as well to give people outside of RiG an opportunity to participate?

Back to top Go down
Garbon

Ingame Characters
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: "Black Friday" Crafter Event   "Black Friday"  Crafter Event I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 7:59 pm

Grome wrote:
Alright, so...

Everyone posts his offer & need and then we sometime get together for this bizarre bazaar? (and of course for the other things as well: helping people to obtain schematics, crafting kits...)

Bazaar is neat. There is actually a planet called Bazaar in the Star Wars universe. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bazaar_(planet) Could do it there if they add it ;-) (which I doubt)

That sounds good. We could even have one at several locations to give access to more players. For example, one could be on a major planet like Coruscant and other smaller ones could be on the starter planets to give new players access.
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: "Black Friday" Crafter Event   "Black Friday"  Crafter Event I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 8:34 pm

Garbon wrote:
That sounds good. We could even have one at several locations to give access to more players. For example, one could be on a major planet like Coruscant and other smaller ones could be on the starter planets to give new players access.
I'm note sure if cross-faction trading will be possible but if it is not we'll need to have two bazaars either way. One republic and one Empire.

As for sharing this idea on the official forums, what exactly do you mean?
Back to top Go down
Garbon

Ingame Characters
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: "Black Friday" Crafter Event   "Black Friday"  Crafter Event I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 10:40 pm

Grome wrote:
Garbon wrote:
I'm note sure if cross-faction trading will be possible but if it is not we'll need to have two bazaars either way. One republic and one Empire.

As for sharing this idea on the official forums, what exactly do you mean?

Posting a thread on the TOR forums like the one that we will make on these forums where people can post what they want to sell/buy/trade. It would give people outside RiG access to the Bazaar, but of course trolling would be a problem.
Back to top Go down
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Looking for

PostSubject: Re: "Black Friday" Crafter Event   "Black Friday"  Crafter Event I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 11:46 pm

Garbon wrote:

Posting a thread on the TOR forums like the one that we will make on these forums where people can post what they want to sell/buy/trade. It would give people outside RiG access to the Bazaar, but of course trolling would be a problem.

While I am not for excluding people, I don't know that posting this on the regular forums is such a great idea. The troll influx as mentioned. Additionally, I think this type of event would be most beneficial to new gamers who probably don't read the forums (blasphemous, I know but there was a time when I didn't read the game forums either).
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Ty-Odi
Guild: To Be Confirmed.....

PostSubject: Re: "Black Friday" Crafter Event   "Black Friday"  Crafter Event I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 12:03 am

Godric_Barbarosa wrote:
Garbon wrote:

While I am not for excluding people, I don't know that posting this on the regular forums is such a great idea. The troll influx as mentioned. Additionally, I think this type of event would be most beneficial to new gamers who probably don't read the forums (blasphemous, I know but there was a time when I didn't read the game forums either).

I kind of agree here, you will also avoid the 'Gimme gimme' crowd, those who just turn up, take what they can get and leave without so much as a thank you.

An event like this is amazing, and I think has some truly awesome potential, but I would advise that as with anything in this kind of area, you start small, and then build, invite people to them, those you have spoken too, or helped in other means, people you know to be decent enough people, and will be grateful for the help, and in turn hopefully one day come back to return the favour to other new people.
Back to top Go down
https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: "Black Friday" Crafter Event   "Black Friday"  Crafter Event I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 12:18 am

My turn to have an opinion on this idea...

I thinks it's a great idea and I would like to participate in it or at least watch people trade/exchange...

I do think we might be better with "starting" small as well, easier to manage and easier to analyze to find improvements for the next time.
Back to top Go down
Garbon

Ingame Characters
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: "Black Friday" Crafter Event   "Black Friday"  Crafter Event I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 12:58 am

I agree with starting small and avoiding the official forums. I just wanted to see if anyone thought it would be a good idea to post the thread on it.

Starting small will make the event much easier to plan and organize, as well as ensuring it will be a fun event for everyone who attends. If everyone has a good time, it will spread by word of mouth, and more people will attend the next one without any extra advertising.
Back to top Go down
Coldhart

Coldhart

PostSubject: Re: "Black Friday" Crafter Event   "Black Friday"  Crafter Event I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 1:46 pm

Well, the whole point is to sell or trade at almost no cost to friends (wether in our own guild or allied through the RIG site). If we just include everyone on the server then those prices will be all messed up. I think, like some of you have posted, we should start small and invite those friends we make while gaming.

I mean sure maybe we want to make a little bit of money at this, but the main goal is helping each other out and helping new players and new friends along the way. Besides, if you really want to make money, just throw stuff up on the auction house/bazaar and don't try to do it at this meet. Not to say that we can't offer those high end or expensive pieces at the meet, but rather don't participate in the meet expecting to get rich off of friends when we should be showing them a pretty good discount.
Back to top Go down
Darka

Darka

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Modos
Guild: Force Academy

PostSubject: Re: "Black Friday" Crafter Event   "Black Friday"  Crafter Event I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 6:16 pm

Having crafters all meet and create a market of some sort for players to gather and go to is a good idea, one location, one day a month and one massive amount of cratters
Back to top Go down
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Selven

PostSubject: Re: "Black Friday" Crafter Event   "Black Friday"  Crafter Event I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 7:15 pm

I love the idea!

(thought I already posted on this topic, but ..maybe I forgot to hit send? Smile )
I've always helped friends, new or old, to get started with gear/items that weren't overpriced. I usually craft in every MMO I've played and sell it for what it cost to craft it. Now, that's not to say I think everyone should do that or not try to "make a living" for themselves.

The greed of some people is just silly. When starter items gets priced for their coolness factor, it really makes the whole economy spiral out of control. I think we could make a great social gathering with this kind of "give back to the community" event.
Back to top Go down
Coldhart

Coldhart

PostSubject: Re: "Black Friday" Crafter Event   "Black Friday"  Crafter Event I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 9:27 pm

Yeah Selv, you or someone else posted about this. I remember seeing it.

To let everyone know...I will be accepting all Tatooinian crack rocks. From what I hear, they'll be rare, but if we want to control that side of the star system, we'll have to move fast!
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: "Black Friday" Crafter Event   "Black Friday"  Crafter Event I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 9:33 pm

I agree 100%. I think we all (or most) know the horrors of getting ripped off in an MMO. I think the RiG crew, plus the RiG affiliated guilds, could really work wonders in "taking care" of the $$$ cost for IG items. Of course, traders still need to turn their profits, just taking care of the "good people" from our project coming first.

Just my .02 Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Black Friday" Crafter Event   "Black Friday"  Crafter Event I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Black Friday" Crafter Event
Page 1 of 1