The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

EA earnings call.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Looking for

EA earnings call. Empty
PostSubject: EA earnings call.   EA earnings call. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 4:12 am

I was wondering what all of your thoughts on the EA earnings call were. Here is a link to Darth Haters coverage. The most important things to me were

1. Nothing new on a release date [15:15] "...Star Wars MMO which is expected to ship in calendar 2011, but after the close of fiscal 11." So a between April 1 and Dec 31,2011

2. Not sure if "we have pushed our guidance to May,..., is so that we have a better insight on just this title" modifies point 1 to between May 1st and Dec 31st or not.

3. "...there's been a fair amount of talk on various blogs describing spends that are vastly higher than anything we've ever put in place so don't read sort of gamer blogs as having any substance, some of them bring a chuckle but they also bring a frustration for those that are being responsible with the management of EA's R&D dollars when they read sort of falsehoods out of the press." made me lol. Take that EAlouse. EA earnings call. 756107

4. I thought the 500,000 subscriber to be sustainable, 1,000,000 to be profitable was interesting. Lower than I was guessing but see point 3 above.

5. I think Riccitiello's market analysis (bullet 5 on DH) was odd. WoW was successful because it opened new markets to an MMO. Likewise, I think SWTOR will tap new markets of SW fans and Bioware RPG fans as much as cutting into existing mmo's.

EDIT: corrected a number of typos. I shouldn't post when I'm a couple of cups in...but I probably shouldn't edit posts when I'm a couple of cups in either...oh well.

Last edited by Godric_Barbarosa on Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Calvillanous

EA earnings call. Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA earnings call.   EA earnings call. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 5:50 pm

Thanks for this update
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

EA earnings call. Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA earnings call.   EA earnings call. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 9:07 pm

Hell yeah, thx Godric for this important info Wink
Back to top Go down
Stryklone

Stryklone

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

EA earnings call. Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA earnings call.   EA earnings call. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 6:24 am

Nothing of any use for a release date. "May guidance" simply means in another 3 months/1 fiscal quarter from this February guidance they will speak again to investors.

The talk confirms EA's continued aim to increase digital revenue and that the big boss is quite fond of MTs and DLC.

The tone is usual for that type of presentation, breeze past expenses and play up income.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

EA earnings call. Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA earnings call.   EA earnings call. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EA earnings call.
Page 1 of 1