The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dragon Age II

Go down 
+10
archifikos
Schwendo
Dresgar
Mongo
Vhayl Una
azarhal
Godric_Barbarosa
Selven
Aldemarran
Kai-Sun
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

Dragon Age II Empty
PostSubject: Dragon Age II   Dragon Age II I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 4:03 am

I'm playing it right now! woosh!

So far it's pretty damn good, can't friggen wait for the full release in March!

Back to top Go down
Aldemarran

Aldemarran

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Agent Redacted
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Redacted

Dragon Age II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age II   Dragon Age II I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 4:07 am

/drool
Back to top Go down
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Selven
Class: Jedi Consular

Dragon Age II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age II   Dragon Age II I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 12:12 pm

You know it's just self-deceiving, right? First it was LOTRO, then Rift Beta and now Dragon Age II.

I think we're all starting to look pretty desperate! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Aldemarran

Aldemarran

Ingame Characters

Dragon Age II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age II   Dragon Age II I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 1:01 pm

Dragon Age fully and completely sold me on Bioware. I would rate it as the pinnacle of solo gaming. Also, it's the first game to get shield warriors right. What can I say? Mass Effect was great. Dragon Age: Origins was "made for Aldemarran". If any of the rest of you happen to like it as well I will be proud to acknowledge that you share my refined and sophisticated taste in blood, gore, destruction, and death.
lol!
P.S. Never forget, insanity is optional, but it looks good on your resume!
P.P.S. It appears I'm in a slightly random mood this morning...
Back to top Go down
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild: Looking for

Dragon Age II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age II   Dragon Age II I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 1:12 pm

Selven, We have to do something between now and...whenever TOR comes out or we'll all turn into forum trolls Dragon Age II 931814

Ald, Baldur's Gate back in college was my first experience with Bioware, but it was KoTOR that I fell in love with them followed by Jade Empire (which I think was even better). I then went back and got BG2 and NWN a couple of years ago. I have to admit that I haven't played either ME or DA. Lately I've been waiting for game to drop to $10 before I pick them up lately. I don't think my current computer could handle DA2. I plan on building a new one before TOR is released.
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Maybe Serenity

Dragon Age II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age II   Dragon Age II I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 1:15 pm

Selven wrote:
You know it's just self-deceiving, right? First it was LOTRO, then Rift Beta and now Dragon Age II.

I think we're all starting to look pretty desperate! Laughing

Desperate?

I'm not. I love my single player games...I have like 10 games to play on my computer + a lots of other single player game to buy this year (too many RPGs!!!!).

"Can't talk, too many things to do"
Back to top Go down
Aldemarran

Aldemarran

Ingame Characters

Dragon Age II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age II   Dragon Age II I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 1:34 pm

I loved BG, BG2, IWD, KOTOR, ME, ME2. But all of them have paled since I started playing DA:O. Its rather a personal thing, but for me Dragon Age is the crowning achievement of gaming, and the standard by which all other RPGs are measured.

(FPSes are a different thing, they don't depend on story giving them more replayability and I still play gungame Counter Strike: Source regularly.)
Back to top Go down
Vhayl Una

Vhayl Una

Dragon Age II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age II   Dragon Age II I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 2:15 pm

Yeah Rifts, DA2, Shogun 2 total war, lot of interesting stuff coming out soon.
Back to top Go down
Mongo

Mongo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Mongo
Class: Sith Warrior
Guild: Crazies

Dragon Age II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age II   Dragon Age II I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 2:59 pm

Aldemarran wrote:
Dragon Age fully and completely sold me on Bioware. I would rate it as the pinnacle of solo gaming. Also, it's the first game to get shield warriors right. What can I say? Mass Effect was great. Dragon Age: Origins was "made for Aldemarran". If any of the rest of you happen to like it as well I will be proud to acknowledge that you share my refined and sophisticated taste in blood, gore, destruction, and death.
lol!
P.S. Never forget, insanity is optional, but it looks good on your resume!
P.P.S. It appears I'm in a slightly random mood this morning...
I love DA:O
Back to top Go down
Dresgar

Dresgar

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Dres Gar
Guild:

Dragon Age II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age II   Dragon Age II I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 10:31 pm

Kai-Sun wrote:
I'm playing it right now! woosh!

So far it's pretty damn good, can't friggen wait for the full release in March!

You made me believe there was a demo for it on xbox live or something =(

I agree, DA:O is THE single player game, but to be honest my first play through was not nearly as enjoyable as my 2nd time.
Back to top Go down
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Selven

Dragon Age II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age II   Dragon Age II I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 10:55 pm

Godric_Barbarosa wrote:
Selven, We have to do something between now and...whenever TOR comes out or we'll all turn into forum trolls Dragon Age II 931814

Nothing wrong with trolls as long as they're funny! Dragon Age II 895574 Or slimey .. or whatever!

Which reminds me ... got a new deck of cards today.

Here's today's pic:

Dragon Age II Joker10
(if you never guessed, yes ..I'm a geek!)
Don't ask me how Dragon Age II turned into trolls turned into Jar Jar! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Aldemarran

Aldemarran

Ingame Characters

Dragon Age II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age II   Dragon Age II I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 1:13 am

Somehow the door to Gunganism was left ajar-jar. Smile
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

Dragon Age II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age II   Dragon Age II I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 6:03 am

Ald',

Insanity....hmm...thats like a "Schw'ynonym" of....dare I say...Crazies??

Surprised
Back to top Go down
Dresgar

Dresgar

Ingame Characters
Guild:

Dragon Age II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age II   Dragon Age II I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 12:55 am

the demo is out tomorrow, cant wait =)
Back to top Go down
archifikos

archifikos

Dragon Age II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age II   Dragon Age II I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 9:44 am

So, who else played the demo? bounce

Must say I liked the combat far more than DA:O (which I found very disjointed and dull despite it's great tactical depth). It seems to maintain its tactical depth whilst feeling slicker and faster. I'm in a fix though - I can't decide which class to choose first when I get my grubby paws on the game! 2 handed warrior? Archer rogue? Melee Rogue? Mage?

DA2, The Witcher 2, TOR and ME3 will keep me very busy this year it seems Dragon Age II 882604
Back to top Go down
Rafel Xavian

Rafel Xavian

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Rafel Xavian
Guild: Sanctus Amicitia

Dragon Age II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age II   Dragon Age II I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 11:57 am

I still haven't had the chance to try the second one. The first was awsome but I sort of lost interest on my 2nd playthrough which I started right after the first one. Mostly because you couldn't skip the demos and dialog you had just seen a few hours ago Razz
Back to top Go down
http://z15.invisionfree.com/Sanctus_Amicitia
Aldemarran

Aldemarran

Ingame Characters

Dragon Age II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age II   Dragon Age II I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 12:09 pm

I'm definitely going for the Sword & Board Warrior as Dragon Age seems to be the first game to understand that the shield is a weapon. And Rafel, I was able to skip through the cut scenes in this demo by pressing Escape. Smile
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Maybe Serenity

Dragon Age II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age II   Dragon Age II I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 12:37 pm

I liked the demo and strangely it played better on DX11 than DX9 for me. scratch

The Mage is just awesome with the new animations, but the melee rogue is also amazing. Strangely, it's the two classes I favoured in Origin too. I might play a rogue, simply because the warden I'm going to import is a mage.

As for this year in game:
DA2, The Witcher 2, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Skyrim and ME3 (last two in the same month!!! and I don't know what I will do, I spent the last 3 month replaying not stop ME1 and ME2, but I also spend months playing Elder Scrolls games. Aaaarrggghhh!). Also, I have a backlog of games to play...bought too many in the last xmas sells.

And then on top of that you add TOR and maybe Guild Wars 2.

Back to top Go down
Rafel Xavian

Rafel Xavian

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Rafel Xavian
Guild: Sanctus Amicitia

Dragon Age II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age II   Dragon Age II I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 2:06 pm

Aldemarran wrote:
I'm definitely going for the Sword & Board Warrior as Dragon Age seems to be the first game to understand that the shield is a weapon. And Rafel, I was able to skip through the cut scenes in this demo by pressing Escape. Smile

Nice! I wish that was the case in the first one too =)
Back to top Go down
http://z15.invisionfree.com/Sanctus_Amicitia
Arzon

Arzon

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Arzon
Class: Sith Warrior
Guild: Reign

Dragon Age II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age II   Dragon Age II I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 2:35 pm

Rogue was farking amazing! The backstab animation, the flask thing... everything was just so smoothly animated and fun to watch. Plus that's the only class that I didn't wipe on the second ogre thingy with!
Back to top Go down
http://www.reignguild.net
Aldemarran

Aldemarran

Ingame Characters

Dragon Age II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age II   Dragon Age II I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 1:38 am

Arzon wrote:
Rogue was farking amazing! The backstab animation, the flask thing... everything was just so smoothly animated and fun to watch. Plus that's the only class that I didn't wipe on the second ogre thingy with!

Trying Rogue tonight, curious to see how that goes. But being and "Indestructible Tank of Doom" worked quite well for me on the first try, just had to make sure my DR stance was on.
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

Dragon Age II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age II   Dragon Age II I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 2:22 am

Been going through my second Origins playthrough, finished it and working on Awakening but actually had time to try out the demo, and my big dilemma is which class to play between 2h Warrior and Mage.

Mage seems like it'd be the most involved due to the storyline (Kirkwall = Many Templars, BIG Chantry place, and Hawke/Bethany are Apostates,) but both are super fun to play, and I'm not sure which I like having more...Carver or Bethany as an NPC companion.
Back to top Go down
Dresgar

Dresgar

Ingame Characters
Guild:

Dragon Age II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age II   Dragon Age II I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 7:04 am

I downloaded it just before I upgraded to win7, but I am having problems with my sound drivers, and I cant bring myself to play the demo without sound =(

I did just skipped right to the gameplay because I wanted to see just how well it runs, and it runs surprisingly well, I quited the demo right after that test heh.

I hope MS allows me to download the demo for my 360 soon.
Back to top Go down
Nerro

Dragon Age II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age II   Dragon Age II I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 9:19 pm

I'm just about to finish my first playthrough of origins and then try to get to awakening before DA2 is released. I started a sword and board warrior but began using the dual-weapon skills. I also played about 6 hours on a mage which was a lot of fun as well. A buddy of mine at work played the demo and was telling me about it, sounds fantastic!
Back to top Go down
http://www.reignguild.net
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

Dragon Age II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age II   Dragon Age II I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 2:43 pm

So, just got my copy of the Signature Edition of Dragon Age 2!

And it doesn't work! Wooo!

._.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dragon Age II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age II   Dragon Age II I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dragon Age II
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next