The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A small guide to posting on R.I.G. (No, not a behave yourselves-post)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Selven
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Serenity

A small guide to posting on R.I.G. (No, not a behave yourselves-post) Empty
PostSubject: A small guide to posting on R.I.G. (No, not a behave yourselves-post)   A small guide to posting on R.I.G. (No, not a behave yourselves-post) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 5:44 pm

I was asked if we could have a posting guide for newcomers - I'm gonna try to make it short and easy to understand.

When you make a post you'll see two rows of buttons and also some options below the editing window.
The buttons in the menu is pretty selfexplanatory, so I will not go through all of them, just a few as examples and a couple fun facts.

Changing your text

Color, size, font is easy to change, but the drop down menu is limited. I found the best way to change the text, is to mark it first, then choose from the menu.
A small guide to posting on R.I.G. (No, not a behave yourselves-post) Color10

A small guide to posting on R.I.G. (No, not a behave yourselves-post) Color210

You can also change your text into colors that aren't in the menu, but you need to type out the [tags] manually. Let's say you want hot pink text. Make a [tag] and a [/closing tag].
Code:
[color=hotpink]text here will be hotpink[/color]
If you don't know the name of the color, but found the color code (lots online!) you can use those like this
Code:
[color=#CC00CC]this text will also be hot pink[/color]

Make sure the / is in the closing tag. You can do the same with fonts and sizes, too. You can underline your text, make it italic and bold and even have it
  1. listed with or

• without numbers

What you need to remember is anything you want changed, need a [tag] in front and a [/closing tag] at the end.

Aligning your text

This is maybe not the most useful thing for most users, but I thought I'd show a couple of cool tricks. But first some words from our spons....wait ...nvm!
Did you know you can center your text? Same rule apply as I showed with colors, highlight text and choose from the menu

A small guide to posting on R.I.G. (No, not a behave yourselves-post) Center10

Pretty useless most of the time, I know, but how about

being able to have your text float?

or play Attack of the Clones! A small guide to posting on R.I.G. (No, not a behave yourselves-post) 551238 A small guide to posting on R.I.G. (No, not a behave yourselves-post) 551238 A small guide to posting on R.I.G. (No, not a behave yourselves-post) 551238 A small guide to posting on R.I.G. (No, not a behave yourselves-post) 551238 A small guide to posting on R.I.G. (No, not a behave yourselves-post) 551238 A small guide to posting on R.I.G. (No, not a behave yourselves-post) 551238 A small guide to posting on R.I.G. (No, not a behave yourselves-post) 551238

Okay okay, so they're not clones geek
Back to business, you find the options to play with text under the "Other" button.

I think this is enough for today - School's over, kids! Although it might end up being a work in progress.

Have fun posting!
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Ty-Odi
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: To Be Confirmed.....

A small guide to posting on R.I.G. (No, not a behave yourselves-post) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A small guide to posting on R.I.G. (No, not a behave yourselves-post)   A small guide to posting on R.I.G. (No, not a behave yourselves-post) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 5:53 pm

Nice job! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk

A small guide to posting on R.I.G. (No, not a behave yourselves-post)
Page 1 of 1