The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Howdy! c]:D <-cowboy face

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hairicane

Howdy! c]:D <-cowboy face Empty
PostSubject: Howdy! c]:D <-cowboy face   Howdy! c]:D <-cowboy face I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 6:19 pm

Hi everyone! My name's Hairicane (last name + hurricane) and as you can see, I'm not very creative!

I was so relieved to see there was a community being formed of respectful and mature players such as myself, which is something I had tried to find multiple times in WoW.

But anyways, a little about myself:
I'm 21 years old, and I started gaming pc when I was 9 years old, playing Duke Nukem on Win95. Eventually I found the Jedi Knight series and started playing that (JK/MotS), which was my first online multiplayer experience (anyone remember the MSN Zone? haha). I met a friend on the zone who was a hacker, and taught me how to go into my registry editor to edit game files to create my own MotS hacks, I decided to include that bit because I think that is impressive now thinking about it, a 10 year old learning to hack a game. Definitely don't see that nowadays! I played that along with original Half-Life, Counter-Strike, and Team Fortress religiously for a few years. Played SWG for a little bit from its launch, I loved the game when I played it, but was unable to play because my computer wasn't good enough to handle it.

MotS multiplayer eventually died Sad so I moved to only playing TF/CS until my friends got me into WoW in 05. I was a raider during all of vanilla with some good rl friends, most of who quit when BC came out. When BC came out I had no friends to play with so I xferred around awhile until I started playing on Eredar where I raided until Wrath came out. When that finally came out I played off and on for awhile until I finally quit (I think :p ) last summer.

The rest of my time will be spent playing CS: Source until TOR comes out. I'm really looking forward to launch especially now that I have a group to associate myself with, and eventually play with.

I also have to get a new gaming rig to play with, as my laptop is now severely outdated. If anyone needs a new computer I would suggest getting one from the same company I'm getting mine from. Digital Storm. I'm no DS rep or anything (even though it might seem like it) but they give such a great customer experience that I don't mind referring them to anyone. They also have an awesome community of people just like me who actually helped me decide what computer to get based on my budget and needs. They are all awesome people, so I joined their forums and now chip in my 2 cents whenever I can.

If anyone wants to check out the build I'll be getting soon it's: http://www.digitalstormonline.com/comploadsaved.asp?id=455702

Thanks for taking the time out to read my life's history of gaming!

-Hairicane

P.S. My name will most likely be Harrigan (my last name, I like to use it for some reason) in TOR.
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Howdy! c]:D <-cowboy face   Howdy! c]:D <-cowboy face I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 6:24 pm

Hairicane wrote:

If anyone wants to check out the build I'll be getting soon it's: http://www.digitalstormonline.com/comploadsaved.asp?id=455702

Thanks for taking the time out to read my life's history of gaming!

-Hairicane

P.S. My name will most likely be Harrigan (my last name, I like to use it for some reason) in TOR.

Funny, I have the same brand of computer. You WON'T be disappointed in Digital Storm. Built my rig about a year ago and it's strong as an ox with only one minor problem (not theirs, Nvidia are rtards at times.)

Though, I might suggest a larger power supply if you can budget it.
Back to top Go down
Hairicane

PostSubject: Re: Howdy! c]:D <-cowboy face   Howdy! c]:D <-cowboy face I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 6:50 pm

I also saw the other thread with everyone posting pics and what not so I thought I'd contribute in my own thread...

Old band promo pic
Howdy! c]:D <-cowboy face 110

The girlfriend and I
Howdy! c]:D <-cowboy face 210

Drunken shenanigans with friends
Howdy! c]:D <-cowboy face 310

[Name: ]
Conor Harrigan

[Location: ]
Virginia, USA

[Age: ]

[Occupation: ]
Student/Part time lifeguard

[Interests: ]
MUSIC (been playing drums for 6 years), PC gaming, working out, hanging out with friends, hanging out with my girlfriend

[Favorite music: ]
I like an interesting mix of death metal/hardcore, techno/trance/dance music, and my girlfriend just recently got me into reggae. I like bands like Hopesfall, AMERICAN ME, The Black Dahlia Murder, Alexisonfire, The Acacia Strain, Animals As Leaders, Meshuggah, Molotov Solution, Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza, Rebelution, Slightly Stoopid, Deadmau5, Markus Schulz, Chris Lake, Armin van Buuren, etc

[Favorite movies: ]
Star Wars (duh), Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Snatch, Inception, many others that I'm leaving out

[TV: ]
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Family Guy, How I Met Your Mother, Most of what is on History/Discovery/Science Channels

[Miscellaneous: ]
Currently I'm a student at a local college, I'll graduate soon with an associates degree in information technology. After that I plan on working for a little bit to save some extra money before I will (most likely, we'll see!) get married, and then join the Army to be an Army Ranger. I like to work out a lot, my friends are really big into fitness also, one is a personal trainer and the other is going to school to become a nutritionist/personal trainer. My girlfriend is awesome, she supports my inner-geek, and if I marry her, I will consider myself the luckiest guy in the world. She really is one of a kind.
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Howdy! c]:D <-cowboy face   Howdy! c]:D <-cowboy face I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 6:54 pm

Ok this HAS to be a conspiracy.

Hawnk, who's also on the TOR forums and wants to be a part of our guild, also lives in VA.

I live in Virginia.

And the last GM I got to know in WOW, I found out lives in VA.

And both of them live within 3 miles of me. O_o

What part of Virginia?

You people are stalking me.

Edit* and, I spy a flock of birds in the last picture, haha
Back to top Go down
Hairicane

PostSubject: Re: Howdy! c]:D <-cowboy face   Howdy! c]:D <-cowboy face I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 6:58 pm

Bahahaha, no shit?

I live in Stafford. Just north of Fredericksburg. 45 mins south of DC right off I-95
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Howdy! c]:D <-cowboy face   Howdy! c]:D <-cowboy face I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 7:00 pm

Hairicane wrote:
Bahahaha, no shit?

I live in Stafford. Just north of Fredericksburg. 45 mins south of DC right off I-95

Yea, we're down in Virginia Beach.

Most of the guildies in WOW live around here, and got one in Fredricksburg.

Wonders never cease.
Back to top Go down
ShavedEwok

PostSubject: Re: Howdy! c]:D <-cowboy face   Howdy! c]:D <-cowboy face I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 1:20 pm

Hello Hairicane and welcome to these forums!

Cheers

SE
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Howdy! c]:D <-cowboy face   Howdy! c]:D <-cowboy face I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 2:55 pm

Hello Hairicane.

I'm making the round of hello thread I missed.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: Howdy! c]:D <-cowboy face   Howdy! c]:D <-cowboy face I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 8:59 pm

Welcome Hair'!! glad to have you in the RiG crew!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Howdy! c]:D <-cowboy face   Howdy! c]:D <-cowboy face I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Howdy! c]:D <-cowboy face
Page 1 of 1