The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need or Greed

Go down 
+7
azarhal
Kai-Sun
Aurabesh
Sylrah
Darka
Coldhart
Quince
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Smuggler
Guild:

Need or Greed - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need or Greed   Need or Greed - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 11:03 pm

Kai-Sun wrote:
Godric_Barbarosa wrote:

My trooper looks down at the epic bind on pickup lightsaber he just looted and quietly cries to himself.

Do not cry my friend! Have a surplus of those damn pesky Sith Glow Sticks?

Get the new Republic Lightsaber Launcher today!

Nothing says I love my job like a super sonic lightsaber being spewed at your enemy. An elegant weapon for the practical Trooper.
That will make a nice addition to the arsenal, just like the also super awesome Gerbil Launcher we recently learned about.
Back to top Go down
Stryklone

Stryklone

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

Need or Greed - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need or Greed   Need or Greed - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 12:33 am

Godric_Barbarosa wrote:
I like your idea with the one obvious caveat . The SoKET is actually four...eight...sixteen....or however many items such that every class/advanced class gets an item that is equally useful and what the item is, is matched to each individual person in the group. I hope I explained that clearly enough.

Fine with me. The loot chest opens and each person sees the icon for the raid's Bind On Acquire prize, "The Rare Defensor of Exar Kun's Servants." All roll. If a Jedi makes his roll the Defensor is a robe. A Trooper who wins the Defensor finds out it is armor. So on and so forth.

Everything which isn't Bind On Acquire everyone sees and all can roll, unless their loot type preferences have already been set to exclude things like Common/Bind On Equip/etc.

Playing my own devil's advocate, a down side to this whole raid prize approach would be fewer raid dungeons in the game. No need for a whole lot when the big loot adapts on demand to fit all comers regardless of class.

This is not an idea I created. Azarhal's post mentions it in GW2. Info on that may be where the basic idea was stumbled across but I don't recall. However, all details and examples in these posts are complete conjecture on my part and may not be how any existing or planned system really works.
Back to top Go down

Need or Greed
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The R.I.G. :: Off Topic-
Jump to:  
This site is in not endorsed by or affiliated with LucasArts, BioWare, or Electronic Arts.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. LucasArts, the LucasArts logo, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks in the United States and/or in other countries of Lucasfilm Ltd.
and/or its affiliates. © 2008-2010 Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. or Lucasfilm Ltd. All Rights Reserved. BioWare and the BioWare logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd.
You may not copy any images, videos or sound clips found on this site or „deep link‟ to any image, video or sound clip directly.Game content and materials copyright LICENSOR. All Rights Reserved.
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com