The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

R.I.G. Senate.

Go down 
+16
Velaxi
Rawrior
KDS - Prometeu
Brando Calrissian
Darka
Aldemarran
Gamewiz
Valentin Bravado
Clovis
Variable
Kai-Sun
azarhal
Grome
Sylrah
Schwendo
Ty-Odi
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Redriot

Redriot

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Draven
Class: Sith Warrior
Guild: Reign

R.I.G. Senate. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.G. Senate.   R.I.G. Senate. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 6:24 am

First time I got a chance to read up on some of these topics. I like to add I think a senate for this forum would be great. Let me just say, Im so proud to be apart of Rig, and this forum could really shape up Tor like no other. Let me be honest, I dont get enough time to include myself like I like too. But I will vote, support, and share my opinons along the way. I hope maybe some of my ideas can help shape this forum, and even the game. I try to stress this on Swtor forums, every little step I can. Latley Ive had to stand firm on my opinions, but in end I think when Im typing back, just be respectfull, and it ends well. These are the things I would like a society to live by. I know its wishfull thinking, but its a start... R.I.G. Senate. - Page 4 780832
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Smuggler
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: R.I.G. Senate.   R.I.G. Senate. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 9:31 am

@Redriot: It's great you feel that way and thank you for any support you give this community! Smile
Hope we can hear more of your opinions.

Aldemarran wrote:
I personally don't think the second discussion was ever given due consideration. Hence I'll throw out a general concept; what if we instead promoted those who did the most to positions where they had the most power to facilitate the initiatives of others? Hence the "Movers & Shakers" get forums made for them and moderator positions handed out where appropriate, rather than being "responsible". Thus we shift from a "responsibility placement" role to an "enabler" role is what I would support the most.

The FNC is a prime example of people going out and doing, and a prime opportunity to empower someone with tools to make it happen.

Maybe what I need is to add an "Event Tools Discussion" forum to my other post. A place where people can go "I need to do something like >this<, anyone know how I can do it?"
I understand. What would you say would then be the powers/possibilities of these "enablers"?

@"Event Tools Discussion": Depends on how we end up doing all of this, I think. At the time being, I don't see a need for it... Or can you maybe give an example for what they would ask in that forum?
Back to top Go down
Horeon
(Re)Public Enemy
Horeon

PostSubject: Re: R.I.G. Senate.   R.I.G. Senate. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 9:38 am

/support

Ty-Odi, you're a genius.
Back to top Go down
Aldemarran

Aldemarran

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Agent Redacted
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Redacted

PostSubject: Re: R.I.G. Senate.   R.I.G. Senate. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 2:32 pm

Grome wrote:
I understand. What would you say would then be the powers/possibilities of these "enablers"?

@"Event Tools Discussion": Depends on how we end up doing all of this, I think. At the time being, I don't see a need for it... Or can you maybe give an example for what they would ask in that forum?

Enablers would tend to become forum moderators. They would tend to be "go-to" people. Someone decides they want to run a series of leveling events to help people with alts. They want to lay out an easy schedule of levels where each week there is a contest to go from level X to level Y. But to participate your registered toon must be at the appropriate level at the start of the contest each week.

The person who wants to run this event is, by definition, an enabler. Then there's another enabler who's been more active in the community who connects them to a couple of contacts in leveling guilds for technical support (how do I monitor contestant's levels, what are good goals each week? Etc...). Those contacts that respond are also enablers.

What "powers" do these enablers need? The event certainly needs a forum thread. Likely at least during the planning stages a spare vent channel to discuss things with the technical experts. Later the vent channel might be used for random chatter during events (helps foster a sense of community at the very least). As the event creator gets more involved in more of these events, it may even make sense to make him/her a moderator over the leveling forums and leveling event forums to reduce the work load (s)he's brought onto the sight.

Other times giving someone a forum title may be all that's needed. "Inquisitor Lore Expert, Ask Away!" would give people a target for their questions about what they might be able to do with an Inquisitor's story and such.
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: R.I.G. Senate.   R.I.G. Senate. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 4:34 pm

Alright Ald!

I see two concepts basically in your post:

- The enablers, which I support, and it is pretty much what we have been discussing in this thread lately: Who shall provide structure & initiative; feel free to check out the common ground we landed on for now (I edited it into the opening post) and add your opinion to it... Think it's better if that is discussed in there.

- The wise men, aka knowledge guys (both sound crappy, I know, lol), who know a lot about a specific area of the game/community and can help out with answers but don't actually get to be part of the "action".

As I see it, being in one of the two groups doesn't automatically exclude one from the other one as well - it's all about being interested and committed.
Back to top Go down
SandsS

SandsS

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild: Odium

PostSubject: Re: R.I.G. Senate.   R.I.G. Senate. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 8:50 pm

Indeed. "Enabling" is one of the most important parts in getting people to actually act. It's what happened with the RiG forum, in a way. Selven constructed the place and we essentially got down to business. There will be other people who volunteer their time and talents to help make the community successful and healthy.

It's important that they're recognized and assisted in connecting with others -- enablers enabling other enablers. Try saying THAT ten times fast!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R.I.G. Senate.   R.I.G. Senate. - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.I.G. Senate.
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The R.I.G. :: The OSC - Events and Suggestions-
Jump to:  
This site is in not endorsed by or affiliated with LucasArts, BioWare, or Electronic Arts.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. LucasArts, the LucasArts logo, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks in the United States and/or in other countries of Lucasfilm Ltd.
and/or its affiliates. © 2008-2010 Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. or Lucasfilm Ltd. All Rights Reserved. BioWare and the BioWare logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd.
You may not copy any images, videos or sound clips found on this site or „deep link‟ to any image, video or sound clip directly.Game content and materials copyright LICENSOR. All Rights Reserved.
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com