The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Play solo, play in a group?

Go down 
+25
Abslom-dak
CRR_Kathy
DaStar
JedinWaiting
Garbon
Stryklone
Tas
Rayviin
Leon
archifikos
Jester
Klixxy
Mannic
Gamewiz
Lanius
Narevek
Godric_Barbarosa
Ty-Odi
azarhal
HDubNZ
Dresgar
Kai-Sun
Brando Calrissian
Schwendo
Grome
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Ty-Odi
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: To Be Confirmed.....

Play solo, play in a group? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play solo, play in a group?   Play solo, play in a group? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 2:53 pm

You have missed...

Nightsister stronghold,

Singing mountain clan fortress

Spider clan cave.

Death Watch Bunker.

Geo bunker.

Anything on Kash

Ok......I could go on forever, haha Smile
Back to top Go down
https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk
CRR_Kathy

CRR_Kathy

PostSubject: Re: Play solo, play in a group?   Play solo, play in a group? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 3:35 pm

I think it was Damion Schubert or Daniel Erickson who talked about the typical pattern of MMO gamers. He said their research showed that most people are heavy soloers in the early stages of the game and that as they progress their characters, they gradually begin to group more and more until end game, when they do a lot more grouping than they did at the beginning. That is what devs kept in mind as they designed the TOR.

Personally, I have become a big soloer, but I still like grouping with people I know in-game, so I hope that I can find a core community to run flashpoints and at least some end-game stuff. I got burned out on raiding in WoW, but I'm curious to try it in TOR if it's fun (which probably depends on finding the right guild more than anything else).
Back to top Go down
http://www.corellianrun.com
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: Play solo, play in a group?   Play solo, play in a group? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 4:19 am

Hilarious Ty! And, yes we can go on....and on!

Kathy. I think you hit the nail on the head. When i'm all new to a game, I am more solo. Once I "get the hang of" the game interface/ level up a bit, THEN I like getting together with the crew. The only different thing is, as a guild, we usually are talking in Vent even if the guild is "to the winds" soloing. Smile
Back to top Go down
Abslom-dak

Abslom-dak

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Cairo Jones
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Knights of the Red Tower

PostSubject: Re: Play solo, play in a group?   Play solo, play in a group? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 12:27 pm

I want to do a bit of both. I'm looking forward to playing in a group who can work together, but I also had the idea of building a character to a very high level in solo play, and then unleashing them on the gaming world. Hopefully in some epic showdown or battle where I can be the consummate hero/villain that comes in at the last moment to save the day, ( but that's just the romantic in me ).

Although I'm sure I've seen some game play footage on the TOR website that suggests there are areas where you have to work together in a group of 4, and the best groups will consist of 1 of each of the major classes. So the game will funnel us into co-op play at various stages. I've just tried to confirm this but I couldn't find it again.
Back to top Go down
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Looking for

PostSubject: Re: Play solo, play in a group?   Play solo, play in a group? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 12:56 pm

Abslom-dak wrote:
Although I'm sure I've seen some game play footage on the TOR website that suggests there are areas where you have to work together in a group of 4, and the best groups will consist of 1 of each of the major classes. So the game will funnel us into co-op play at various stages. I've just tried to confirm this but I couldn't find it again.

They have in several interviews mentioned that there will be "optional" group play (heroic quests and flashpoints) that they will be funneling players too. However, they have also said that they are completely optional. While missing out on content (or doing it at a higher level) you do not have to do them and you can still advance your character if you wish.

As far as group composition, it sounds like the need for having one of each major class is minimized by two factors. First, each class, depending on specialization, will be able to fill at least two "trinity" roles. Second, you will be able to bring a companion with you to fill out missing roles. That said it will be interesting to see how well four healer spec'ed characters can do with only companion tanks/dpsers. Or really four of any one role with the other two being filled by companions. I have a feeling that even if you have four consular sages, for example, you are going to be better off with a mix of TK's and Seers, and have all tanking companions.
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Play solo, play in a group?   Play solo, play in a group? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 1:11 pm

Abslom-dak wrote:

What Godric said, group content is optional, although it will probably become the majority of the elder game. Also, this is an answer given in the first Q.A. of the Studio Insider Friday Update:

Quote :
Q: When getting a group quest, can you get 4 Bounty Hunters or do you have a specific class requirement to start the quest? How will we know which quest we need?

A: You can make a group of any mix of classes, including four of the same. There are several play groups here that enjoy doing just that. Full Trooper groups seem to be the most popular and look pretty amazing coming over a hill.
Back to top Go down
Abslom-dak

Abslom-dak

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Cairo Jones
Guild: Knights of the Red Tower

PostSubject: Re: Play solo, play in a group?   Play solo, play in a group? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 6:05 pm

Now I've read the above posts I probably missed the part where they said it was optional.

It's just that I would want to do every available mission in the game, and would look forward to teeming up in groups to take on these optional challenges, and probably wouldn't want to wait until I got to higher level where I could handle them solo.

When I look at group options it does seem to be based on classic Dungeons and Dragons party composition. Where the four major roles are taken by a Fighter, Thief, Cleric, and Wizard.

It's just that now we have Trooper/Bounty hunter, Smuggler/Imperial agent, Jedi consular/Sith inquisitor, and Jedi knight/Sith warrior. I just presumed that a combination of the four would be the best party composition to have. Where all the bases would be covered, and the groups' strengths would compensate for individual weaknesses. Though it's great to know you can still progress through the game even if everyone is the same class. The more variety, the better the experience will be.
Back to top Go down
TheJW

TheJW

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Undecided
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Sons of Ziost

PostSubject: Re: Play solo, play in a group?   Play solo, play in a group? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 11:13 pm

I'll probably be on during some strange hours, which I will use for "me time" away from guild duties. Solo play will be the focus of this time, whether spent crafting with my companions or questing through my story arc. This will never prevent the occasional "help me" to come over a chat channel or something though. Then it's back to group play.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sonsofziost.com
Mongo

Mongo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Mongo
Class: Sith Warrior
Guild: Crazies

PostSubject: Re: Play solo, play in a group?   Play solo, play in a group? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 3:44 pm

I loves me some groupage, but in the last couple of MMO's i've played they have been harder and harder to come by
Back to top Go down
Akomo

Akomo

PostSubject: Re: Play solo, play in a group?   Play solo, play in a group? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 3:49 am

I play mixed.Usually during the week i havent got the time for extended playtime ,unless its quick play or quick pvp.Weekends will be the bulk of my groupage time.Timing is everything actually.If i happen to be around when someone is doing the same thing i am, then ill usually group up till the objective is complete.
Back to top Go down
Rafel Xavian

Rafel Xavian

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Rafel Xavian
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Sanctus Amicitia

PostSubject: Re: Play solo, play in a group?   Play solo, play in a group? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 7:26 pm

Most of the time I find myself soloing. Grouping with friends who like to move at the same pace while chatting with em on vent is something I'd pick anytime over solo though =)
Back to top Go down
http://z15.invisionfree.com/Sanctus_Amicitia
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Play solo, play in a group?   Play solo, play in a group? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Play solo, play in a group?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3