The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Some of my art.

Go down 
+14
Dresgar
Baelyrn
Ivyrane
Grome
Zepour
Darka
Schwendo
MorgonKara
Variable
Selven
Finiffa
Ty-Odi
Kai-Sun
Gamewiz
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gamewiz

Gamewiz

Some of my art. Empty
PostSubject: Some of my art.   Some of my art. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 4:42 pm

Well, this stuff isn't really fan art for Star Wars, but it's some of my art I did a few years back when I actually had time to devote to it. Smile If you want to see the original size (recommended for better detail), click on the link below the picture.

This was an inking I did for a guy's drawing. The original drawing is his, I just inked over it. Inked with a brush.
Some of my art. Civil_10
Original size: http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs15/f/2007/007/f/5/Civil_War_Inked_by_Gamewiz.jpg

And this one is a study after Frazetta's famous "Death Dealer" painting. This was also done using a brush with ink. This was my first experiment with using water to introduce tone in an inking (which is almost never done by inkers). It came out so well that I continued to experiment with water in some of my other inkings (some shown below).
Some of my art. Death_11
Original size: http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs13/f/2006/355/a/e/Death_Dealer_by_Gamewiz.jpg

This was an original concept I did of a dragon. Same use of brush with ink.
Some of my art. Black_12
Original size: http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs15/i/2006/355/b/c/Black_Dragon_by_Gamewiz.jpg

Another original concept. During my days of playing WoW... brush w/ ink again.
Some of my art. Ambush10
Original size: http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs11/i/2006/257/9/8/Ambushed_by_Gamewiz.jpg

Christmas present to my mom... It's her dog. Pencil drawing.
Some of my art. A_chri10
Original size: http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs8/i/2005/364/6/a/A_Christmas_Present_by_Gamewiz.jpg

Another study after Frazetta. Brush with ink.
Some of my art. Frazet10
Original size: http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs6/i/2005/110/0/2/Frazetta_study_1_by_Gamewiz.jpg

Portrait of my sister and her husband as a wedding gift to them when they got married. Pencils on bristol vellum.
Some of my art. Engage10
Original size: http://fc08.deviantart.net/images3/i/2005/152/e/7/Engagement_Present_by_Gamewiz.jpg

The remaining are some portrait drawings from live studies. Charcoal w/ newsprint.

Some of my art. Portra10
Original size: http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs8/i/2005/364/1/d/Portrait_3_by_Gamewiz.jpg

Some of my art. Portra11
Original size:http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs8/i/2005/364/2/6/Portrait_4_by_Gamewiz.jpg

Some of my art. Portra12
Original size: http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs6/i/2005/110/9/a/Portrait_2_by_Gamewiz.jpg

Some of my art. Portra13
Original size: http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs6/i/2005/110/f/9/Portrait_1_by_Gamewiz.jpg

Some of my art. Elder_10
Original size: http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs5/i/2005/003/3/f/Elder_man_by_Gamewiz.jpg

Some of my art. Old_la10
Original size: http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs5/i/2005/003/0/7/Old_lady_by_Gamewiz.jpg

Last edited by Gamewiz on Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:15 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

Some of my art. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of my art.   Some of my art. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 5:24 pm

Give me a few hours to pick my jaw up off the floor.

This stuff is AMAZING Wiz!

I struggle with stick figures and tracing. lol
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Ty-Odi
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: To Be Confirmed.....

Some of my art. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of my art.   Some of my art. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 5:31 pm

stunning......nothing else to say honestly.......
Back to top Go down
https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk
Finiffa

Finiffa

Some of my art. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of my art.   Some of my art. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 5:58 pm

VERY nice!
Back to top Go down
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Selven
Class: Jedi Consular

Some of my art. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of my art.   Some of my art. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 6:16 pm

Amazing! You're very talented!
Back to top Go down
Gamewiz

Gamewiz

Some of my art. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of my art.   Some of my art. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 7:25 pm

Thanks Smile I'm probably not very talented anymore... I haven't picked up a pen or pencil in quite awhile. When I realized I didn't want to commit my life to my art (my goal was to get into gaming), and instead wanted to focus more on my family, I knew that I had to choose between the two. Obviously I chose my wife and my kid(s) (only one, but more to come!).

And so that drive in me has slowly faded away since I haven't had the time to work on it. *shrug*
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight

Some of my art. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of my art.   Some of my art. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 7:47 pm

Gamewiz wrote:
Thanks Smile I'm probably not very talented anymore... I haven't picked up a pen or pencil in quite awhile. When I realized I didn't want to commit my life to my art (my goal was to get into gaming), and instead wanted to focus more on my family, I knew that I had to choose between the two. Obviously I chose my wife and my kid(s) (only one, but more to come!).

And so that drive in me has slowly faded away since I haven't had the time to work on it. *shrug*

It's still very inspiring work, I love them all but I think one of my favorite's is the sketch of the dog.
Back to top Go down
Gamewiz

Gamewiz

Some of my art. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of my art.   Some of my art. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 8:56 pm

Kai-Sun wrote:
Gamewiz wrote:

It's still very inspiring work, I love them all but I think one of my favorite's is the sketch of the dog.

Thanks. Smile That one was a good challenge at the time because I had never done that much hair before... With a pencil and not charcoal, it seems overwhelming at the time, lol.
Back to top Go down
Variable
That Handsome Devil
Variable

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Soloman Bokur
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Reign

Some of my art. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of my art.   Some of my art. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 10:00 pm

Truly amazing work, Gamewiz. I can only imagine how special that gift must have been to your sister.
Back to top Go down
MorgonKara
Shot First
MorgonKara

Some of my art. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of my art.   Some of my art. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 3:08 am

Those are awesome!
Back to top Go down
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters

Some of my art. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of my art.   Some of my art. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 1:10 pm

Could you please downsize your pics so that they're inline with the boards? It'll make it easier to read comments, too. Thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

Some of my art. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of my art.   Some of my art. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 1:52 pm

Nice artwork!!
Back to top Go down
Gamewiz

Gamewiz

Some of my art. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of my art.   Some of my art. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 3:15 pm

Selven wrote:
Could you please downsize your pics so that they're inline with the boards? It'll make it easier to read comments, too. Thank you Smile

Sure thing. Since I'm at work so I dunno if it's possible for me to resize them here, I'll just remove the img tag and make them a link instead.
Back to top Go down
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters

Some of my art. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of my art.   Some of my art. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 6:14 pm

Gamewiz wrote:
Selven wrote:

Sure thing. Since I'm at work so I dunno if it's possible for me to resize them here, I'll just remove the img tag and make them a link instead.

Aww...I hope you manage to display them later. They deserve to be seen Smile
Back to top Go down
Gamewiz

Gamewiz

Some of my art. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of my art.   Some of my art. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 6:30 pm

Selven wrote:
Gamewiz wrote:
Selven wrote:

Aww...I hope you manage to display them later. They deserve to be seen Smile

Ok, uploaded them to the site and resized them there, keeping the original links for the original sizes. Smile
Back to top Go down
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters

Some of my art. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of my art.   Some of my art. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 6:56 pm

Gamewiz wrote:

Ok, uploaded them to the site and resized them there, keeping the original links for the original sizes. Smile

Awesome! Now I'm happy bounce
Back to top Go down
Darka

Darka

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Modos
Guild: Force Academy

Some of my art. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of my art.   Some of my art. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 11:30 pm

Oustanding, love to see you take on some Star Wars themed work Smile
Back to top Go down
Zepour

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

Some of my art. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of my art.   Some of my art. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 12:03 am

Your drawings are beautiful, but the portraits ... they are just stunning.
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Smuggler
Guild:

Some of my art. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of my art.   Some of my art. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 12:49 am

Sublime.

The dog is very much a success.
Back to top Go down
Ivyrane

Ivyrane

Some of my art. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of my art.   Some of my art. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 2:58 pm

Beautiful. Some of my art. 516833
Back to top Go down
Gamewiz

Gamewiz

Some of my art. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of my art.   Some of my art. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 5:33 pm

Thanks for the compliments! You guys almost make me want to start back up again. Wink
Back to top Go down
Baelyrn

Baelyrn

Some of my art. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of my art.   Some of my art. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 5:57 pm

Gamewiz wrote:
Thanks for the compliments! You guys almost make me want to start back up again. Wink

You definately should, those are amazing! I'm sure you can manage a bit of time from here or there.

I wish I could draw like you. Last summer I bought a drawing tablet for my PC and started training with that.

Sadly I'm sometimes quite lazy...
Back to top Go down
Gamewiz

Gamewiz

Some of my art. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of my art.   Some of my art. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 6:12 pm

Baelyrn wrote:
Gamewiz wrote:

You definately should, those are amazing! I'm sure you can manage a bit of time from here or there.

I wish I could draw like you. Last summer I bought a drawing tablet for my PC and started training with that.

Sadly I'm sometimes quite lazy...

Drawing tablets are great... I bought one once... before my dog ate it. Sad

Recommendation though if you don't mind? If you really want to get into drawing, start with a traditional median. Try to avoid learning to draw on a computer, because there is too much room for "error fixing".

Start with charcoal on newsprint, or traditional pencil on paper. It allows you to get a real feel for drawing, but doesn't give you that freedom of easily fixing whatever mistakes you make. And to REALLY fine-tune your skills, try inking with brush, not pen. It is one of the hardest medians (in my opinion), because you CANNOT make a mistake. Every stroke has to be planned. It really teaches patience and steady-hands.

Edit: One thing I also did in my inkings (can you tell I like to ink? Smile ), is to try and introduce tone into inkings (which is never done), by using water to dilute the ink. It was definitely a challenge, because it was all guesswork. Knowing how much to mix to achieve a certain tone... it was definitely a challenge, but it was really fun to do. My teachers (at my art school) at the time all crowded around me and were asking me how I was doing it and what techniques I was using, lol.
Back to top Go down
Baelyrn

Baelyrn

Some of my art. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of my art.   Some of my art. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 7:31 pm

I appreciate your advice, and will take it into consideration.

The thing that really got me to get a drawing tablet, was the fact that it was so easy to fix mistakes. I'm kinda terrified to make mistakes, and right now, I feel it's just easier this way. I might get too afraid to actually draw anything if I couldn't afford mistakes. Perhaps when I gain some more confidence in my skills, I will try what you suggested.

But I understand your point, that when you need to be careful and plan what you do, it makes you really focus. You have to put more thought into what you do, and that will make you learn better. I really hadn't thought about it that way before.
Back to top Go down
Gamewiz

Gamewiz

Some of my art. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of my art.   Some of my art. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 8:26 pm

Baelyrn wrote:
I appreciate your advice, and will take it into consideration.

The thing that really got me to get a drawing tablet, was the fact that it was so easy to fix mistakes. I'm kinda terrified to make mistakes, and right now, I feel it's just easier this way. I might get too afraid to actually draw anything if I couldn't afford mistakes. Perhaps when I gain some more confidence in my skills, I will try what you suggested.

But I understand your point, that when you need to be careful and plan what you do, it makes you really focus. You have to put more thought into what you do, and that will make you learn better. I really hadn't thought about it that way before.

Ya, it may seem easier to learn on the computer, but (in my opinion), it puts a potential handicap on you because you get used to the leniency it provides.

Most artists that I've talked to will say that most who start on the computer almost never transition to a traditional style. But those who start in a traditional style can easily bounce back and forth from traditional to computer.

But in the long run, it all depends on what you want to do with it. If you enjoy it more on the computer and have no plans to take it any further than that, then sticking with just computer art may be fine for you. It all depends on what your goal is. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Some of my art. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of my art.   Some of my art. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some of my art.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The R.I.G. :: Hello & Welcome :) :: The Sandbox - Fan Art, Stories and Pixels-
Jump to:  
This site is in not endorsed by or affiliated with LucasArts, BioWare, or Electronic Arts.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. LucasArts, the LucasArts logo, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks in the United States and/or in other countries of Lucasfilm Ltd.
and/or its affiliates. © 2008-2010 Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. or Lucasfilm Ltd. All Rights Reserved. BioWare and the BioWare logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd.
You may not copy any images, videos or sound clips found on this site or „deep link‟ to any image, video or sound clip directly.Game content and materials copyright LICENSOR. All Rights Reserved.
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com