The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Update 4/29/11

Go down 
+4
Horeon
Wetworks
Mongo
azarhal
8 posters
AuthorMessage
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Maybe Serenity

Update 4/29/11 Empty
PostSubject: Update 4/29/11   Update 4/29/11 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 2:04 pm

Beside all the new hand-ons/preview being released since yesterday, our friday update is the

Sith Warrior character progression video
and
blog on UI
Back to top Go down
Mongo

Mongo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Mongo
Class: Sith Warrior
Guild: Crazies

Update 4/29/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update 4/29/11   Update 4/29/11 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 2:38 pm

azarhal wrote:
Beside all the new hand-ons/preview being released since yesterday, our friday update is the

Sith Warrior character progression video
and
blog on UI
After that video Mongo might have to go Marauder...
Back to top Go down
Wetworks

Wetworks

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Unsure-Republic

Update 4/29/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update 4/29/11   Update 4/29/11 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 8:04 pm

BW sure makes the Darkside appealing.

http://darthhater.com/media/gallery/42911-friday-update-working-dissection/ is really some good stuff, cybertech crafting picture looks great.
Back to top Go down
Horeon
(Re)Public Enemy
Horeon

Update 4/29/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update 4/29/11   Update 4/29/11 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 1:48 pm

/yawn on official update.

Third party releases were a bit more interesting Smile
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Maybe Serenity

Update 4/29/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update 4/29/11   Update 4/29/11 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 10:44 pm

Some people started complaining about having only 48 hotbar slots in TOR...here is the answer they got:

Quote :
Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller
"Health Potions. Mana Potions? Meesa not understand." Wink

Seriously guys. We are making Star Wars: The Old Republic, not some other game that has mana potions. (No, we don't have 'Force Potions' or Midichlorian infusions, that'd be rather weird.)

I know it's easy to compare this game to other MMOs you know, but still, we're making a different game, not a clone of another MMO.

There are different mechanics (such as companions with their own bars or cover), different numbers of abilities, skills, usable items, different UI mechanics and options, etc - so taking a number of slots on quickbars from one game and translating it onto our game without taking these factors into account is a bit premature at best.

In short: We'll give you enough hotbar space to play Star Wars: The Old Republic, but we can't guarantee you'll have enough space to put your leftover healing and mana potions from another game onto it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Guild: Serenity

Update 4/29/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update 4/29/11   Update 4/29/11 I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 2:11 pm

People also seem pretty polarized about the lack of 3rd party add-on support.

What does everyone think of that?
Back to top Go down
Wetworks

Wetworks

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild: Unsure-Republic

Update 4/29/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update 4/29/11   Update 4/29/11 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 12:01 am

Kai-Sun wrote:

Even though I used dbm, recount, bartender, and alot others for WoW, I think it will be nice to start Tor "clean".
Last I was on WoW, it never gave to much wiggle room for customization other then using addons.
DCU not worth the mention, and Rift when I was in beta gave alot more customizing options, suprisingly WoW still hasnt picked up on from reading patch notes. So I' am interested in seeing available UI, & customization options ToR has to offer at the get go. All about the immersion, going to take my time nice and slow, I will worry about number crunching min/max game when I get to max level...maybe Update 4/29/11 16668
Back to top Go down
Aldemarran

Aldemarran

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Agent Redacted
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Redacted

Update 4/29/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update 4/29/11   Update 4/29/11 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 3:43 am

Kai-Sun wrote:

I'm cautiously optimistic.

There are already providing the core elements of what I need to figure out my characters (like an approximation of recount for WoW). Therefore I believe the game will be quite "playable". I don't like a thousand people arguing "but this seemed to work better for me, you should do it my way 'cause I know my way works". I'm an engineer irl, I like hard numbers to work with. There's still plenty of room for circumstances to mess with "the perfect build" which inevitably leads to variation anyway (and that's a very good thing). I've seen people try to play that "perfect build" and do very poorly, then switch to the second best build and do equally well. At the same time I like to sit down and puzzle out how things work and what directions will be functional.

If they block things like DBM, it will increase the difficulty but it will do so mostly be increasing situational awareness. I personally think that it will be good to go back paying attention to the game rather than the interface. One of my frustrations as a healer was never getting to see the fights. Hopefully this signals a move in a better direction.
Back to top Go down
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Looking for

Update 4/29/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update 4/29/11   Update 4/29/11 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 11:34 am

I don't care for DBM type mods. I like to play the game not hit buttons when I'm instructed to do so. I know people will say if you don't like them don't use them, but for some groups they become compulsory.
Back to top Go down
Aldemarran

Aldemarran

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Agent Redacted
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Redacted

Update 4/29/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update 4/29/11   Update 4/29/11 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 12:26 pm

Things like DBM affect how much freedom Devs have to increase challenge in the game. They reduce the number of ways a Dev can generate a challenging encounter because they now have to consider that everything on a timer will be perfectly measured off and alerted.

Admittedly I don't like micro-spell effects or having to read my chat box to spot the warnings bosses are shouting either. I personally thing the trick (for a Dev) is to make what's going on easily visible in the playing field while still providing complexity.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

Update 4/29/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update 4/29/11   Update 4/29/11 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 8:04 am

Man o man the armor looks sick on the "final avatar's"!!! I dig the "spikes" on the Marauder!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Update 4/29/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update 4/29/11   Update 4/29/11 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Update 4/29/11
Page 1 of 1