The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Open PvP events Shopping List

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Maybe Serenity

Open PvP events Shopping List Empty
PostSubject: Open PvP events Shopping List   Open PvP events Shopping List I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 4:10 pm

With the great community we are assembling, we will be able to make amazing Open world PvP events, for those who like these sort of things and others who aren't too sure about this type of activity, but still would like to try it. And of course, bystanders are always welcome too.

Right now, the Open PvP system of TOR is a bit murky, but nothing stop us from trading ideas and create a "shopping lists" of things to try, plan or discuss.

Things we know about Open PvP (could changes)
  • It's consensual
  • Level limitation (one interview mentioned that higher levels shouldn't be able to attack lower levels)
  • Players can move everywhere at anytime (as long as it's not a starter planet or a personal instance)
  • The Voss planet entry dissuade players from fighting inside of the shared city.

Not much to go by, but it's a start. Freedom of movement is a plus for us, although it doesn't mean that Open PvP won't be zone limited. The consensual part mean we will be able to have spectators and not kill them in the process.pirat We also don't know how many people will be "supported" before Mister Lag shows up...

Questions
  • RP/Lore based PvP events (yes, no, others?)
  • Time frame (whole day long allow most people to participate, but quick skirmish could be interesting)
  • Rules of Engagement ( defining how the events should start how just playing whack-a-mole. The rules don't need to be the same for each events)
  • Level/class based events?
  • Planet wide? Area specific?

We are not limited to only "one" type, but the more ideas, suggestion we have the better the events will be and they will be appreciated by a larger audience.
Back to top Go down
Sylrah

Sylrah

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

Open PvP events Shopping List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open PvP events Shopping List   Open PvP events Shopping List I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 4:53 pm

• RP/Lore based PvP events (yes, no, others?)

There should always be a RP reason in my opinion. But ofcourse that doesn't mean everyone needs to care about it. Thinking up a RP reason doesn't need to be hard. A siege on a city would be one where one faction tries to raid it and the other tries to defend.

• Time frame (whole day long allow most people to participate, but quick skirmish could be interesting)

I'd say it's good to allow multiple timezomes to participate. You could have massive scale attack on a planet, but divide it over the course of a day or even a week. With all sorts of scales in individual fights, and ending in the biggest lagfest for some good closing fun (just hope the lag isn't too extreme, but it can help the bonding process).

• Rules of Engagement ( defining how the events should start how just playing whack-a-mole. The rules don't need to be the same for each events)

I think they'll probably have a tie-in with the RP reasons. But I'd say start with gathering on both sides. Add some preparation RP for those interested. Some motivational speeches (adding these things before the actual fight can reduce the amount of latecommers).

• Level/class based events?

This is important, the type of event has a lot to say in this. The planetwide siege is a good example. Smugglers could try the alternate route and go on more of a flanking mission for example. While lower levels fight on a different battlefield.

• Planet wide? Area specific?

All depends on how many players, but both are an option.
Back to top Go down

Open PvP events Shopping List
Page 1 of 1