The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Endgame raiding speculation.

Go down 
+9
Zepour
Kai-Sun
Variable
Schwendo
Gamewiz
Yunie
Ty-Odi
Grome
Lanius
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lanius

Lanius

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

Endgame raiding speculation. Empty
PostSubject: Endgame raiding speculation.   Endgame raiding speculation. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 8:14 pm

Hey guys.

Some months ago I wrote a thread on the TOR forums about this same topic.

I'm talking about the endgame raiding. What do you think we will be fighting? Will the Empire and the Republic join forces to destroy some threat to the galaxy? Will the Empire fight the Republic and vice-versa?

I'd like to see the last one. I think that it is too much of a cliche when both faction join forces to fight a greater evil. Bioware already stated that you will be able to play with the oposing faction in some world arcs, so I can see us raiding together. :\

But that's just me, what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Smuggler
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Endgame raiding speculation.   Endgame raiding speculation. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 8:44 pm

Meh, I won't speculate about something that can come out that many different ways. They already said that in addition to "normal" raiding possibilities there will also be something completely new.

As for fighting the "greater evil" together, I too would say it wouldn't make that much sense, so I can't see us doing that ALL the time, might be an exception here and there though. The main enemy was always supposed to be the other faction in SW.

I'm gonna wait for their releasing the info and that's it.
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Ty-Odi
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: To Be Confirmed.....

PostSubject: Re: Endgame raiding speculation.   Endgame raiding speculation. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 8:44 pm

Well someone once mentioned this timeline and the fact they made a slight reference to them in KOTOR, but I just have this sneaky feeling for some reason we may see the Vong in this game, pre-banished species form anyhow?

Man how cool would that be though? to play out the reason the Vong got ripped of the force etc? Smile

Who knows, I suspect their will be a bit of both tbh Smile
Back to top Go down
https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk
Yunie

Yunie

PostSubject: Re: Endgame raiding speculation.   Endgame raiding speculation. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 8:47 pm

PvEPvP (or PvPPvE? first one sounds nicer lol) is definitely a possibility. They also hinted on it on an conference before, Gamescon I think. I'm still unsure about joined content though. I mean, it's logical in games like WoW, where both factions need to kill Ilidian, Arthas and whatnot. But what would be the "greater evil" in Star Wars? Did the Republic and Empire ever joined forces?
Back to top Go down
Gamewiz

Gamewiz

PostSubject: Re: Endgame raiding speculation.   Endgame raiding speculation. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 8:48 pm

Ty-Odi wrote:
Well someone once mentioned this timeline and the fact they made a slight reference to them in KOTOR, but I just have this sneaky feeling for some reason we may see the Vong in this game, pre-banished species form anyhow?

Man how cool would that be though? to play out the reason the Vong got ripped of the force etc? Smile

I actually hope the Vong won't be in the game... I dunno, that whole plot just always annoyed me. No real reason except, for me, it didn't FEEL like Star Wars.
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Endgame raiding speculation.   Endgame raiding speculation. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 8:49 pm

Ty-Odi wrote:

Okay, hadn't thought of something like that... but that would be VERY unexpected afaiac.
Back to top Go down
Lanius

Lanius

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Endgame raiding speculation.   Endgame raiding speculation. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 8:52 pm

Yunie wrote:
PvEPvP (or PvPPvE? first one sounds nicer lol) is definitely a possibility. They also hinted on it on an conference before, Gamescon I think. I'm still unsure about joined content though. I mean, it's logical in games like WoW, where both factions need to kill Ilidian, Arthas and whatnot. But what would be the "greater evil" in Star Wars? Did the Republic and Empire ever joined forces?

They did on Fatal Aliance for a while. I don't want to spoil anyone who hasn't read the book. There were some unknown entities and the Empire and the Republic had to join forces to deal with them.
Back to top Go down
Yunie

Yunie

PostSubject: Re: Endgame raiding speculation.   Endgame raiding speculation. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 8:58 pm

Lanius wrote:

They did on Fatal Aliance for a while. I don't want to spoil anyone who haven't read the book. There were some unknown entities and the Empire and the Republic had to join forces to deal with them.

Fair enough, my knowledge about SW lore is limited to the movies, Clone Wars and KOTOR. I would still find it odd though, like others said, the "main enemy" has always been the opposite faction. Which reminds me, will end-game raiding for the Republic and the Empire be the same? Cause they'll have to find "common enemies", as it's not very logic to fight a Jedi Master raid-boss (random example) while playing the Republic I guess.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: Endgame raiding speculation.   Endgame raiding speculation. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 9:17 pm

Nice Lanius!

I read "Fatal Alliance" too. I loved the basic intro to the player classes. The end was kinda anti-climactic. It would be cool as all hell to see that "play out" end game style.

Another cool thing would be for Mandalore to be a major player in the "end game". Either siding with one faction, or KOTAR style outright war...

Yuuzhan Vong is a very intriguing option as well Wink
Back to top Go down
Variable
That Handsome Devil
Variable

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Soloman Bokur
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Reign

PostSubject: Re: Endgame raiding speculation.   Endgame raiding speculation. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 9:28 pm

With the way they've developed the classes to have a mirror on the opposing faction, I doubt we'll see any kind of cross faction teamup action happening anytime soon. You don't tend to see cross faction coop until several years and several expansions down the road (if at all). And honestly, with classes that mirror across faction, I can't see much benefit outside of the story.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: Endgame raiding speculation.   Endgame raiding speculation. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 9:33 pm

Well, with Mandalore being a kind of "loose cannon" in the whole political sceme of things, I think that they would be a great choice for some kind of "end game" scenario Smile
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Endgame raiding speculation.   Endgame raiding speculation. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 10:37 pm

I think we'll just be fighting the Empire, at least within the current scope of TOR. Future expansions may extend that, but I think it'll remain heavy Republic and Imperial focus until then.

I personally hope to never see Vong, didn't like them at all. Felt very Anti Star Wars.

Beyond that I'm not sure what I'd like to see really.
Back to top Go down
Zepour

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Endgame raiding speculation.   Endgame raiding speculation. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 11:25 pm

I'm sure LucasArts and Bioware can come up with various enemies which are hostile to both the Republic and the Sith, like Abeloth or Mnggal-Mnggal. Or maybe an ancient and forgotten space station, similar to Centerpoint Station, with a bunch of angry Celestials?
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Endgame raiding speculation.   Endgame raiding speculation. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 11:38 pm

Zepour wrote:
I'm sure LucasArts and Bioware can come up with various enemies which are hostile to both the Republic and the Sith, like Abeloth or Mnggal-Mnggal. Or maybe an ancient and forgotten space station, similar to Centerpoint Station, with a bunch of angry Celestials?
You are definitely right. The point is however: Have you looked at the cinematics? (tbh I don't remember what the scd one was about lol) They are basically telling us: It's all about the conflict between Sith and Jedi, Empire and Republic. The war is just starting up again so I just can't see them making the majority of raids about something else. It would just be totally out of the blue. Then again, you can never be completely sure - so I won't be telling you it's impossible. But it is improbable.
Back to top Go down
Variable
That Handsome Devil
Variable

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Soloman Bokur
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Reign

PostSubject: Re: Endgame raiding speculation.   Endgame raiding speculation. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 11:46 pm

Grome wrote:
Zepour wrote:
You are definitely right. The point is however: Have you looked at the cinematics? (tbh I don't remember what the scd one was about lol) They are basically telling us: It's all about the conflict between Sith and Jedi, Empire and Republic. The war is just starting up again so I just can't see them making the majority of raids about something else. It would just be totally out of the blue. Then again, you can never be completely sure - so I won't be telling you it's impossible. But it is improbable.

I expect we may see something like what Zepour is saying a few expansions down the road. But you're right, Grome. There is some major squaring off happening between the Empire and Republic right now.
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Endgame raiding speculation.   Endgame raiding speculation. I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 12:16 am

Actually, we already know that the endgame is Empire vs Republic stuff, Daniel said it that once we are done ith the class stories we move into the conflict/bigger picture stories for the elder game. Although, we may get to see "commons" enemies, the main point will be about the conflict.
Back to top Go down
Lanius

Lanius

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Endgame raiding speculation.   Endgame raiding speculation. I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 10:46 pm

azarhal wrote:
Actually, we already know that the endgame is Empire vs Republic stuff, Daniel said it that once we are done ith the class stories we move into the conflict/bigger picture stories for the elder game. Although, we may get to see "commons" enemies, the main point will be about the conflict.
Oh, i guess i missed it. :\
I like that.
Back to top Go down
Zepour

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Endgame raiding speculation.   Endgame raiding speculation. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 1:22 am

Grome wrote:
It's all about the conflict between Sith and Jedi, Empire and Republic.
Hrmph. You're right. We will show the Republic the meaning of true powa!

*pulls out Sith lightsaber*

*gets killed by a stealthed Jedi Shadow*
Back to top Go down
archifikos

archifikos

PostSubject: Re: Endgame raiding speculation.   Endgame raiding speculation. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 6:46 am

Actually... I think I remember a dev (possibly Daniel Erickson) stating that there is a little bit of content against a "common enemy", and if I remember correctly the dev in question did hint about a few instances of teaming up, though I believe he/she/it had said that it wasn't set in stone.

Does anyone remember this? I really can't remember if I'd heard this in an interview, or if it was a dev post... confused
Back to top Go down
Jester

Jester

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Jester
Class: Trooper
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Endgame raiding speculation.   Endgame raiding speculation. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 8:33 am

Seeing how the story of this francise is builth on opposing factions,it could be a possibility that endgame revolves around a system much like the one used in wintergrasp.
For those who havent or dont play world of warcraft ,lets say there is a contested world out there ,the empire and republic fight out who gains controll of that world ,and in the process gains acces to whatever instances that world harbours ,lets say a planet contains a ancient mysterious temple,or a droid factory that has broken of communication,both sides whould probably be intrested in this ,but who gets the prize

Battlefields and endgame raiding rolled into one ^^
Back to top Go down
Lanius

Lanius

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Endgame raiding speculation.   Endgame raiding speculation. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 10:27 am

Beeing oposing factions they both fight for the same things. They want to win the war.
So imagine that some planet full of evil creatures have some rare materials that can be used to make powerful weapons and ships. Both factions will attack that planet to get the materials. There we go, we have a raid with story now. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Endgame raiding speculation.   Endgame raiding speculation. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 11:57 am

I'd like to comment on something we saw during the Pax 2010 TOR panel.

Republic faction enters a base on Alderaan and fights some enemies, we see a Sith group do the same on the other side.

We see both work on the inside, and the Sith kill a big robot in the central area....

Bam, then we see the Republic players staring down this Sith group in the large central area of the building...and they charge each other.

This is exciting for me to think about, is this another Warzone and it's just very intricate? (Might be odd, Alderaan has a Warzone already based on it.)

Or is this an example of a pvp/raid combination? This could be HUGE for our community since we'll have sith and republic guilds on the same server. What if this "raid or flashpoint" allows you to either que up with a set sith team or matches you with one, and you mix PVP and PVE in the same area? Mobs to kill and then an area to have one side prove dominance for loot or some other style of reward?

Back to top Go down
Lanius

Lanius

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Endgame raiding speculation.   Endgame raiding speculation. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 12:34 pm

Kai-Sun wrote:
I'd like to comment on something we saw during the Pax 2010 TOR panel.

Republic faction enters a base on Alderaan and fights some enemies, we see a Sith group do the same on the other side.

We see both work on the inside, and the Sith kill a big robot in the central area....

Bam, then we see the Republic players staring down this Sith group in the large central area of the building...and they charge each other.

This is exciting for me to think about, is this another Warzone and it's just very intricate? (Might be odd, Alderaan has a Warzone already based on it.)

Or is this an example of a pvp/raid combination? This could be HUGE for our community since we'll have sith and republic guilds on the same server. What if this "raid or flashpoint" allows you to either que up with a set sith team or matches you with one, and you mix PVP and PVE in the same area? Mobs to kill and then an area to have one side prove dominance for loot or some other style of reward?

Ye, about that. I still don't know what that video was about. If it is something like you are describing it will be great.
I'd love to see some PvEvP instances.

Here's what I would love to see and play:

Empire Team----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Republic Team
---------------->Boss Encounter----------------------->PvP<----------------------Boss Encounter<----------
----------------------(Loot)-----------------------(PvP Tokens, XP)------------------------(Loot)-----------------------

If a team wipes on the boss, they respawn and go straight to PvP OR the other team wins imediately without having to PvP, for time sake.
Back to top Go down
Jester

Jester

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Jester
Class: Trooper
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Endgame raiding speculation.   Endgame raiding speculation. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 12:54 pm

Two factions starting of at oposing ends of the facillity ,racing towards the boss ,imagine a battle with a rancor as a variable factor ^^,they whould have to be creative with the agro script tho but if they pull it off ,boy boythere will be some grand times to be had Smile

i dont delve into panels so much ,so my speculations are more "cool things they could do" instead of "this image leads me to believe",altho the alderaan battleground vid seems to indicate that the thoughts from my previous post ,involving the winner gaining acces to planet content ,might have some merrit

the post about darth haters disecting the video showed a npc with a greyed out quest symbol above his head.
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Endgame raiding speculation.   Endgame raiding speculation. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 12:58 pm

Yea, I will disclaimer that while it's interesting it's still one of those "lets hope it's this cool." Bioware has dome some pretty awesome stuff, but not every idea is a good idea.

Hopefully, it's awesome and they can work it out right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Endgame raiding speculation.   Endgame raiding speculation. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Endgame raiding speculation.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next