The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Species/Class Combination Speculation and Legacy Discussion Thread

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

Species/Class Combination Speculation and Legacy Discussion Thread Empty
PostSubject: Species/Class Combination Speculation and Legacy Discussion Thread   Species/Class Combination Speculation and Legacy Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 3:56 pm

Quick list of confirmed player species/class combinations. Looking for thoughts on what people think might be given to other classes from the current known species. Can also obviously put wishes in here for species announced, like Purebloods for Inquisitor if you'd like. Will try to keep this thread up to date on species, also keep in mind this list is incomplete and subject to change on Bioware's whims.

JEDI KNIGHT: Zabrak, Miraluka, Human

JEDI CONSULAR: Mirialans, Twi'lek, Human

TROOPER: Zabrak, Human

SMUGGLER: Twi'lek, Human

SITH WARRIOR: Sith Pureblood, Human

SITH INQUISITOR: Zabrak, Human

BOUNTY HUNTER: Rattatki, Human

IMPERIAL AGENT: Chiss, Human

*EDIT* Good thread on the forums with links to various pictures and references, http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=232769

I'd like to add, in the video where we saw the Zabrak Trooper (some german one I saw on the net,) unless they were NPCS (which is possible) there was a Rattatki and Mirialan Trooper so those are strong possibilities, just not yet confirmed.

I half expect to see Mirialan and Miraluka cross over between the Jedi and be playable by both, as much as I'd expect to see POSSIBLY Twi'lek Troopers. I also expect to see Twi'lek Sith Inquisitor's, and even though they are not confirmed for any class yet, I highly expect to see playable Togruta.

What I'd like to see in an update or find out is what else can be an Imperial Agent besides a Chiss or Human, and what a Sith Pureblood is going to be out of the gate of if it's locked into Sith Warrior only until....

A James Ohlen Quote:
Quote :
"There will probably be a system, which allows to transfer some of the playable species to other classes, which were not available for those species before."

He's most likely talking about the Legacy System that Damion Schubert detailed a few months back. Using this system, while controversial it seems (though we do not know the full details,) we might get to play certain combinations that we weren't allowed to at start that we actually may want. My own 2 cents is I'm fine with the Legacy system for hard locked races, and I hope that by playing my Republic characters I can unlock certain Imperial races for my other Imperial toons before I actually roll/play them. I'd like to make a Sith Pureblood as something other then a Warrior, though I'm probably not going to lose any sleep if it doesn't happen, and I'll just make the Warrior I do create to see the story, a Pureblood and enjoy it.

From Damion Schubert, off the Darth Hater site,
Quote :

You mentioned Dark Age of Camelot in terms of how endgame was the big thing and the designers created systems so players could get there really fast. Then you said something very specific, "what if endgame isn't where you want to be?" What are some of the most important principles to you about switching people from the race to the finish line versus enjoying the actual run itself?

Damion Schubert: We really want to put in systems to encourage replay. The Legacy System, which we hope to get in, will hopefully be in that venue. I am not ready to talk about what exactly it is and how we do that, but we are really betting heavily on the level up game.

We are really betting heavily on the story aspects of the game, and we really want people to enjoy that journey, and to feel like that journey is interesting and exciting. We actually want to incentivize people to try the different classes so that they experience those other stories, and they play the game again. So that really put a lot of pressure on us to make sure that leveling up your second character and your third character is not grinding, and that it still feels like a fresh and interesting experience. We're less interested in doing a Dark Age of Camelot "hey bypass all the content" in order to get to max level to do the endgame content because of what we think is important about our game and is our unique selling point: we want you to try that content. Maybe there is a way in the future, but that isn't even a sparkle in our eye at this point.

What are your thoughts on all of this?

Last edited by Kai-Sun on Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Horeon
(Re)Public Enemy
Horeon

PostSubject: Re: Species/Class Combination Speculation and Legacy Discussion Thread   Species/Class Combination Speculation and Legacy Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 4:16 pm

Honestly, I can only say two things...

One, if the story is so vague that you can unlock an obscure species (Sith Pureblood Imperial Agent, for example), they should honestly be playable from start.

Second, they should honestly be playable from start.

Oh, and third, they should honestly all be playable from start. Razz
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Species/Class Combination Speculation and Legacy Discussion Thread   Species/Class Combination Speculation and Legacy Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 5:54 pm

I really doubt there's going to be only 3 species per classes and most of them should be across classes...

And like a few people said a little everywhere on the web the Miraluka fit the Consular better than the Knight. Also, the Zabrak would make awesome Smugglers and Bounty Hunters.

Dev said that they were trying to fit the Twi'lek on the BH class a while back (problem with lekku clipping with the jet pack) too.

Togruta and Chagrian were in way to much early game footage/screenshot to no be playable . Although, I have the feeling they forgot about the horns/lekku when they designed the game and now they are stuck with too many species not being human enough for their gear design.

Finally, we might get a limited number of playable species, because it appear that there is "custom" gear by species: Miraluka have eyes cover.

Back to top Go down
Lanius

Lanius

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Species/Class Combination Speculation and Legacy Discussion Thread   Species/Class Combination Speculation and Legacy Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 6:34 pm

I'm expecting at least 5 species per class.
I got a bit worried when I saw a character creation video on youtube and they only had 3 species per class, each background was a specie. But then I realized that it was probably an older build of the Char Creation tool and in the final version there will be more species to choose from. :\
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Species/Class Combination Speculation and Legacy Discussion Thread   Species/Class Combination Speculation and Legacy Discussion Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Species/Class Combination Speculation and Legacy Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 1