The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SMUGGLER CORNER

Go down 
+4
Galeg Helross
Xavier
Grome
Schwendo
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

SMUGGLER CORNER Empty
PostSubject: SMUGGLER CORNER   SMUGGLER CORNER I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 4:25 am

Alright, all you Scoundrels & Scruffy Nerfherders out there! Here's your place to discuss the "Kessel Run"!

RiG SMUGGLER Players:

Aohh- Gunslinger (alt)
Azarhal-
DaStar- Gunslinger (alt)
Grome-
Sands S- Scoundrel?
Xavier- Scoundrel

Here's the main SWTOR sites info on the Smuggler:

http://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/classes/smuggler

The Smuggler
Galactic Profiteers

NEW STUFF IS YELLOW
LAST UPDATE: June, 29th

General

• Starting Planet: Ord Mantell HoloNet
  • They are going to balance the Smuggler so it'll be fun to play in PvP too. DH
  • The Smuggler is a "classy guy" Gameplay1
  • Obviously, Han Solo represents this class.
  • The Smuggler gets the girl (or the guy) SDCC 2009
  • The Smuggler gets the credits SDCC 2009
  • The Smuggler Class gets its own ship (as all others) DH

Weapons

• Fast firing Pistols / Blaster HoloNet
  • Go to "Outfitting / Screenshots / Concept Art" for Screenshots / Concept Art

Armor

• Comfortable, flexible clothing with some custom modifications to stay light on the feet and quick on the draw HoloNet

Combat

• The Smuggler uses the Cover System -AI: When in cover gains defencive bonus Gameplay1
  • The Smuggler uses the Energy System -AI: energy regens extremely quickly (about 5%/0.5sec) Gameplay1
  • The Smuggler can shoot while running (away). E3
  • GCD (Global Cooldown) is about 1.5 seconds. Gameplay1

Abilities

• Cover* -AI: Doesn't cost / Energy. Instant. Medium Ranged. No Cooldown. Does NOT go on/trigger GCD. Puts you into cover behind an object where the green indicator is. Gameplay1
  • Flash Grenade* -AI: Costs about 40% Energy. Instant. Ranged. 20sec Cooldown. AoE 8sec stun, breaks on damage, deals no damage. Gameplay1
  • Headshot* -AI: Doesn't cost / Energy. Instant. Long Ranged. 10sec Cooldown. Can only be used on a stunned target.(This includes working off of Flash Grenade.). High damaging attack. Gameplay1
  • Grenade* -AI: Costs ? Energy. Instant. ?sec Cooldown. DH

Out of Cover only:

• Shoot* -AI: Costs about 5% Energy. Instant. Long Ranged. No Cooldown. Damaging attack. Gameplay1
  • Groin Kick* -AI: Costs about 25% Energy. Instant. Short Ranged. 12sec Cooldown. 6sec Stun and deals damage.; also known as "Dirty Kick" Gameplay1
  • Portable Cover* -AI: Costs about ?% Energy. ?sec Cooldown. Same as the AI; deploys cover in front of player. DH
  • MeleeAmbush* -AI: Costs about ?% Energy. ?sec Cooldown. Melee Ambush Attack DH

In Cover only:

• Cover Shot* -AI: Costs about 5% Energy. Instant. Long Ranged. No Cooldown. Damaging attack(Same as "Shoot" but you're doing it from Cover.). Gameplay1
  • Triple Power Shot* -AI: Costs about 60% Energy. Instant. Long Ranged. No Cooldown. Fires 3 Large Blasts, each blast doing separate damage, and the first blast knocks down enemy for 2sec; also known as "Charged Burst" Gameplay1
  • Barrage -AI: Doesn't cost / Energy. 3sec Channel. Long Ranged CoE(Cone of Effect). 12sec Cooldown. Affects anyone infront, within range, of the Barrage. Deals damage and breaks enemies' charge. Gameplay1 HoloNet

Out of combat:

• Bandage -AI: Out of combat self heal DH

Specialization

• Gunslinger: Dual Pistols, Long Range, Smooth Talk (Persuade) DH
  • Scoundrel: Stealth Based, Short Range, Medicine DH

Outfitting / Screenshots / Concept Art

From swtor.com:

From thegalacticstruggle.com (caution: really big images!):

Various Additional Information

Wallpaper

Sources Listing

History(newest on top)

• 29-06-10 DH: E3 dissected
  • 17-06-10 E3
  • 18-01-09 Minor source update.
  • 16-01-09 Added 2 very important facts.
  • 10-01-09 Added the remaining Aurabesh written stuff from the Holonet
  • 09-12-24 Added lots of Screenshots/Concept Art, the History and minor Updates
  • 09-12-24 Thread created

* = Name may not be right
AI = Additional Information

As always: PLEASE HELP me to get all the new information and correct me if Im wrong. Thanks!

*I am aware of this post, but it is not fact based and it coveres a wider spectrum of the smuggler (e.g. roleplaying), and its not as detailed as this post.*

Last edited by Schwendo on Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:33 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Smuggler
Guild:

SMUGGLER CORNER Empty
PostSubject: Re: SMUGGLER CORNER   SMUGGLER CORNER I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 4:34 am

One of the things that will be very fun sometimes I think: running away while still shooting the other fella! jocolor

This class does sound very very awesome - my only "concern", if you will, being that he might not stand so much of a chance out of cover (= too reliant on cover). Now, thankfully, they will probably have added lots of cover possibilities. But how hard can it be for some other class to just run around the cover and get close... what then? Well - of course this is a rhetorical question as the other player will experience the lovely feel of our shoe in his(/her) groin. Smile

But still - this has a 1 minute CD, so how will 1v1 fights Smuggler vs melee (or ranged) look like, I ask you.
Back to top Go down
Xavier

Xavier

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Xavier Dragen
Guild: Zero³

SMUGGLER CORNER Empty
PostSubject: Re: SMUGGLER CORNER   SMUGGLER CORNER I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 3:23 pm

Well, I'll be going Scoundrel. So, I think I'll be more reliant on stealth than cover. I'm gonna focus on healing as that's been my preferred role in MMOs. Even though I've never cared for crafting before, I'm really intrigued by TOR's system. I think I may go BioChem to make medpacks. His RP story will be manufacturing and smuggling medical supplies to Republic Loyalists on Sith controlled worlds.
Back to top Go down
Galeg Helross

Galeg Helross

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild: Eternal Vigilance

SMUGGLER CORNER Empty
PostSubject: Re: SMUGGLER CORNER   SMUGGLER CORNER I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 5:18 pm

I've been planning on playing a Smuggler (Sullustan, if possible!) since Oct 09, but I'm suddenly having second thoughts. I haven't had much luck with stealth classes in other MMOs and that worries me a little. I'll definitely wait until further down the road before making a decision, but I hope the play style will suit me as I know this is the storyline I want to see most.
Back to top Go down
http://evcitadel.com/home/index.php
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

SMUGGLER CORNER Empty
PostSubject: Re: SMUGGLER CORNER   SMUGGLER CORNER I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 9:16 pm

Galeg Helross wrote:
I've been planning on playing a Smuggler (Sullustan, if possible!) since Oct 09, but I'm suddenly having second thoughts. I haven't had much luck with stealth classes in other MMOs and that worries me a little. I'll definitely wait until further down the road before making a decision, but I hope the play style will suit me as I know this is the storyline I want to see most.
Well, you don't have to go stealth. The Gunslinger doesn't even have access.

Personally I think the AC system is very awesome...! (in general, not just for the smuggler)
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Guild: Maybe Serenity

SMUGGLER CORNER Empty
PostSubject: Re: SMUGGLER CORNER   SMUGGLER CORNER I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 8:08 pm

*pew*pew*

I still don't know if I will have a Gunslinger or Scoundrel main.

I'm going toward Gunslinger just to have the "charm" benefit of it, but the scoundrel with his "shotgun" that can push back Sith Warriors interest me quite a bit too.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

SMUGGLER CORNER Empty
PostSubject: Re: SMUGGLER CORNER   SMUGGLER CORNER I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 9:52 pm

Gotcha Az,

You are added to the "Snuggles" list! /pointup
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Guild: Maybe Serenity

SMUGGLER CORNER Empty
PostSubject: Re: SMUGGLER CORNER   SMUGGLER CORNER I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 10:10 pm

Schwendo wrote:
Gotcha Az,

You are added to the "Snuggles" list! /pointup

You might want to fix the typo in my name. Wink
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

SMUGGLER CORNER Empty
PostSubject: Re: SMUGGLER CORNER   SMUGGLER CORNER I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 10:15 pm

Embarassed < Sry Az...lack of sleep made me do it!
Back to top Go down
DaStar

DaStar

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Da'Star Trebor-Zar
Class: Sith Warrior

SMUGGLER CORNER Empty
PostSubject: Re: SMUGGLER CORNER   SMUGGLER CORNER I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 2:15 am

Well if I was to go the way of the Rebublic I may chose to go with a Smuggler. Gunslinger all the way. Sounds like what Da'Star was Pre-Jerdi. when he was just a Master Pistoler/master Ranger, with a little Fencer for KD resists. Duel Pistols looks fun, and as Da'star always was a smooth "Colt 45" talker. The original Imp-Pimp. remember the IMP-PIMP Camps, schwen? I get the ability to "Smooth talk" don't care what it really does I just want the button to be able to push. Plus I get "Nut Shot!!" I mean Groin Kick... Still an awesome ability if I get to kick you and you grab your "Groin Area" as an animation. This would be my non Tank choice if I don't go Trooper-Vanguard as a Republic member. But as always I will pick the Empire over the crybaby rebels.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

SMUGGLER CORNER Empty
PostSubject: Re: SMUGGLER CORNER   SMUGGLER CORNER I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 5:49 am

Rofl! I'll add you as an "alt" to the "Snuggles" list bro...

I miss those days...Da'star..pimp camps...clowning around...dying....watching Joerak die...watching Joerak run back from the cloner....watching Joerak die again...coining the "Dr.Death" nickname for Joerak..=priceless

That groin dealy reminds me of the "lowblow" in SWG-Snuggles...That was the wickedest KD in the entire game back then!...Well....til' the dark times....til the "dev NERF"...(I want my LLC back shooting a wall of friggen(<--Selven profanity filter activated) lightning..like berk on LOK!)

Anyways, your alt is added Wink
Back to top Go down
Aohh

Aohh

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Aohh Soleil Noir
Guild: N/A

SMUGGLER CORNER Empty
PostSubject: Re: SMUGGLER CORNER   SMUGGLER CORNER I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 7:49 pm

I plan on playing a gunslinger as my first alt, and base it after Revvy from Black Lagoon regarding the visual aspect.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

SMUGGLER CORNER Empty
PostSubject: Re: SMUGGLER CORNER   SMUGGLER CORNER I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 11:31 pm

Your alt is posted Aohh Smile

Galeg, I don't have you listed yet, as you are currently undecided Wink
Back to top Go down
Aohh

Aohh

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Aohh Soleil Noir
Guild: N/A

SMUGGLER CORNER Empty
PostSubject: Re: SMUGGLER CORNER   SMUGGLER CORNER I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 11:40 pm

Schwendo wrote:
Your alt is posted Aohh Smile

Galeg, I don't have you listed yet, as you are currently undecided Wink
Thanks. We are not a lot who have chosen this class so far. And half among those who did plan on playing it as an alt. Smuggling will be rare in the galaxy.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

SMUGGLER CORNER Empty
PostSubject: Re: SMUGGLER CORNER   SMUGGLER CORNER I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 4:36 am

Its a real cool looking class, though. I have to go Sith for starters, but, I plan on playing a Smuggler later on in-game Smile. I love the "firing from cover".
Back to top Go down
DaStar

DaStar

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Da'Star Trebor-Zar
Class: Sith Warrior

SMUGGLER CORNER Empty
PostSubject: Re: SMUGGLER CORNER   SMUGGLER CORNER I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 2:36 am

Yeah I am sure I will have Ol'Timer as my Smuggler alt. that would make him around 3,600 years old. Damn guess he refused to die. too Cranky. I have to make a real name for him. Can't be Ol'timer during this era. he can be Young Buck, lol. I will be the king of nutshots. "Groin Shot".
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

SMUGGLER CORNER Empty
PostSubject: Re: SMUGGLER CORNER   SMUGGLER CORNER I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 7:16 am

Rofl! That would be hilarious! "Yung'Buck'Timer" (he could also rap Wink)
Back to top Go down
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Looking for

SMUGGLER CORNER Empty
PostSubject: Re: SMUGGLER CORNER   SMUGGLER CORNER I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 1:34 pm

My primary alt will be a scoundrel. However, if you are adding alts you could put my name down in every <class> corner. Heck (<---proactive Selven profanity filter) you can put me down twice, once for each advanced class with a different lightside/darkside alignment. It's going to take me a long time to get all the way through this game and I'm going to have to come up with a lot of RP backstories.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SMUGGLER CORNER Empty
PostSubject: Re: SMUGGLER CORNER   SMUGGLER CORNER I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SMUGGLER CORNER
Page 1 of 1