The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TROOPER CORNER

Go down 
+3
Brando Calrissian
Grome
Schwendo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

TROOPER CORNER Empty
PostSubject: TROOPER CORNER   TROOPER CORNER I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 4:33 am

Fall in Troops!! Here's your squads place to chat it up! At ease!

RiG TROOPER Players:

Brando Calrissian-

Here's the main SWTOR sites info on the Trooper:

http://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/classes/trooper

<TABLE width="100%" border=0 sizset="34" sizcache="9">

<TR sizset="22" sizcache="0">
<td></TD>
<td></TD></TR>
<TR sizset="24" sizcache="0">
<td colSpan=2></TD></TR>
<TR sizset="34" sizcache="9">
<td colSpan=2 sizset="34" sizcache="9">
Trooper
"Cutting-edge Special Forces ... Advanced strike teams ... comprised of only the most talented and disciplined soldiers—a new breed of elite Republic Troopers."

“If you’re a player that just wants to get in there and wreak havoc ... you ‘d be a Trooper ..." Tim Temmerman Associate Producer Lucas Arts

Story:
"The Trooper is a patriot in wartime, serving his people and deciding what lines he's willing to cross if it means defeating an Empire that wants to put his beloved Republic in chains. When the Trooper's story begins, you have just finished advanced training in forward assault, search & destroy, and advanced recon, and been asked to join Havoc Squad, the most elite of the special-forces groups."

Overview:
"With his impressive arsenal of assault rifles and grenades, the Trooper is the best ranged damage dealer the Republic has to offer." Damion Schubert Principal Lead Combat Designer BioWare
Trooper Holonet link
Starting Planet: Ord Mantell

Combat:

• Heavy Armor
  • Heavy weapons
  • High Area of Effect Damage and Solid Crowd Control
  • Highly flexible and adaptable pacing mechanic (Ammo)
Known Playable Species:

• Human
  • Zabrak
  • Mirialan
Primary Attributes:

• Agility
  • Endurance
  • Cunning
Ability Pacing Mechanic:

• Ammo
  • Basic attack does not consume ammo (Unlimited blaster ammunition)
  • Special munitions attacks like Grenade consume Ammo
  • Ammo pool = 12
  • 6 Ammo can be refilled every 9 sec with Fast Reload in combat
Trooper Abilities

• Fast Reload- Self/Restores 6 Ammo/9 sec cool down
  • Hammer Shot - 30m/multi-hit/moderate dmg
  • Rifle Grenade - 30m/5m AoE/high dmg + knock back + 2s knock down to target, low damage to others/4 sec cool down/-4 Ammo
  • Full Auto - 30m/up to 8s channel/moderate dmg for up to 8 sec/stun during channel/-? Ammo per sec channel
  • Stock Strike - 4m/low dmg/5s knock down/30s cool down
  • Firebomb - 5-30m/AoE/5s moderate DoT/5s stun/?s cool down/-? Ammo
  • Sticky grenade - 5-30m/AoE/3s delay/very high dmg vs target, moderate dmg vs others/3s panic on target followed by 2s AoE knock down/?s cool down/-?Ammo
  • Carbonite grenade - ?-?m/AoE?/dmg?/?s Freeze on target (does not break on damage)/?s cool down/-? Ammo
  • Weapon Buffs - self/at least 3 different buffs, one at a time? color coded red green blue, blue may augment damage/?s cool down/-? Ammo
  • Personal Shield? - self/gold colored cylinder surrounds Trooper momentarily, it appears to be a damage shield/?s cool down/-? Ammo
  • Call Shuttle - Home Point Recall/10s cast time/30min cool down
  • Revive - 10m/5s cast time/Revives a fallen Player or Companion/Common to all classes, unknown if restricted to Out of Combat usage
  • Recharge & Reload - OOC Restores Health and restores Ammo/15 sec channel/60 sec cool down
Other Abilities:

• Battlefield command buffs enhance companions and party members making parties stronger and more flexible.
  • Ability to call in air strikes.
  • Trooper helmet has voice processing.
Game play:
"The first time ... the Trooper mops this entire party of enemies up with his blaster abilities... I don't want to be a Jedi any more at that point ... because I've seen how damaging the Trooper can be." William Wallace Senior Game Designer BioWare

The Trooper is a Nuker with Heavy Armor And

• Most offensive abilities combine High Ranged AoE damage with AoE stun based Crowd Control (CC), so while you deal damage, you simultaneously disrupt the opponent’s ability to fight back.
  • The Ammo mechanic gives the Trooper excellent real time flexibility in ability usage.
Specialization Paths:

• Commando: Heavy Blaster Cannon, Grenades, Ranged DPS

• Vanguard: Blaster Rifle, Energy Shields and Defense, Tank
Companions:

• Unknown
Mission Examples:

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Last edited by Schwendo on Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:46 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Smuggler
Guild:

TROOPER CORNER Empty
PostSubject: Re: TROOPER CORNER   TROOPER CORNER I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 4:36 am

I think the trooper will be my first time playing a tank in an MMO. I'm just really intrigued by the concept of a ranged tank. Smile
And I think it might be an interesting DPS class as well... Damn. I just can't decide on what I'm gonna play. lol

Thanks again for posting all of these Schwen!
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

TROOPER CORNER Empty
PostSubject: Re: TROOPER CORNER   TROOPER CORNER I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 4:39 am

Np at all! It just helps to have all the info right here in the RiG! That way, players can just pop on and chat about their classes "in house" Smile
Back to top Go down
Brando Calrissian

Brando Calrissian

TROOPER CORNER Empty
PostSubject: Re: TROOPER CORNER   TROOPER CORNER I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 5:07 am

Grome wrote:
I think the trooper will be my first time playing a tank in an MMO. I'm just really intrigued by the concept of a ranged tank. Smile

Thanks again for posting all of these Schwen!

Seriously read my mind. I did a bit of improptu hunter and warlock tanking in wow by kiting so I am excited to see a definitive MT that is a ranged playstyle. Cannot wait!
Remember how in some games like WoW some tanks favored insane amounts of stamina (druids) and others relied on mitigation and armor (Paladins)? Which do we think that the trooper will be in relation to the Knight? I am leaning toward thinking they will be an armor class more than a health-well, but idk.
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

TROOPER CORNER Empty
PostSubject: Re: TROOPER CORNER   TROOPER CORNER I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 10:09 am

Brando Calrissian wrote:
Seriously read my mind. I did a bit of improptu hunter and warlock tanking in wow by kiting so I am excited to see a definitive MT that is a ranged playstyle. Cannot wait!
Remember how in some games like WoW some tanks favored insane amounts of stamina (druids) and others relied on mitigation and armor (Paladins)? Which do we think that the trooper will be in relation to the Knight? I am leaning toward thinking they will be an armor class more than a health-well, but idk.
Hehe...

If it is distributed anything like this I'd say the JK would be the more health-based tank and the trooper the armor-based tank. Both class have the same armor class though (just wanted to make sure people realize I know this).
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Guild: Maybe Serenity

TROOPER CORNER Empty
PostSubject: Re: TROOPER CORNER   TROOPER CORNER I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 12:35 pm

There seems to be bad formatting in the first post. Am I the only one with that problem?
Back to top Go down
Aldemarran

Aldemarran

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Agent Redacted
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Redacted

TROOPER CORNER Empty
PostSubject: Re: TROOPER CORNER   TROOPER CORNER I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 1:39 pm

Sooner or later I'm going to troop on into this to kill people and blow shtuff up. (Note the Pseudo-Official Selven profanity filter... silent )
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

TROOPER CORNER Empty
PostSubject: Re: TROOPER CORNER   TROOPER CORNER I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 6:10 pm

Az, you are 100% correct. This was the last of the 7 I posted last night...I need to edit it and clean up the extra crud (<--Selvan profanity filter activated). Sry, I was pooped last night. The little tyke' is keeping us up 20 hours a day...

Ald', ROFL! on the "Pseudo-Offical Selvan profanity filter"...Love it!

/whisper Do you know how to turn it off? Selv' won't tell me...Sad
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Guild: Maybe Serenity

TROOPER CORNER Empty
PostSubject: Re: TROOPER CORNER   TROOPER CORNER I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 7:07 pm

Schwendo wrote:
Az, you are 100% correct. This was the last of the 7 I posted last night...I need to edit it and clean up the extra crud (<--Selvan profanity filter activated). Sry, I was pooped last night. The little tyke' is keeping us up 20 hours a day...

Ald', ROFL! on the "Pseudo-Offical Selvan profanity filter"...Love it!

Cool, I though I might have been a bit Sleep this morning.

No idea, I don't seem to have any trouble with the crud words. Or I don't use the right ones.
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

TROOPER CORNER Empty
PostSubject: Re: TROOPER CORNER   TROOPER CORNER I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 7:08 pm

Schwendo wrote:
Put a cookie in your [something funny]. Works 100%.

Last edited by Grome on Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lanius

Lanius

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

TROOPER CORNER Empty
PostSubject: Re: TROOPER CORNER   TROOPER CORNER I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 7:42 pm

Trooper would be my 1st char if i wanted to play on the republic side. I really like this class.
Back to top Go down
Brando Calrissian

Brando Calrissian

TROOPER CORNER Empty
PostSubject: Re: TROOPER CORNER   TROOPER CORNER I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 12:10 am

Grome wrote:
Brando Calrissian wrote:
Hehe...

If it is distributed anything like this I'd say the JK would be the more health-based tank and the trooper the armor-based tank. Both class have the same armor class though (just wanted to make sure people realize I know this).

Yeah. Gamewiz and I were speculating that the Knight might use force buffs like health or dodge or armor increases in addition to the armor they wear, so the trooper would need something to help compensate. His theory is that, if they are accurate to the lore and want to argue physics, the armor that the Knight is wearing is going to naturally be "lighter" to allow for more maneuverability in combat than the Trooper. Will this be taken into account, who knows. Just fun to think about Razz
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

TROOPER CORNER Empty
PostSubject: Re: TROOPER CORNER   TROOPER CORNER I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 12:28 am

Mmmh, okay, take a look at this though:

Defensive Tactics (rank 1) - Requires Level 28 - 780 Credits
Instant
Cooldown: 30 sec.
Increases maximum health of all nearby party members while active. Only one tactic may be active at once.

The trooper will have buffs too, although party buffs, so you might still be right about the JK having a very own HP buff or such that massively boosts HP only for him to balance the (supposed) armor advantage.
Back to top Go down
Brando Calrissian

Brando Calrissian

TROOPER CORNER Empty
PostSubject: Re: TROOPER CORNER   TROOPER CORNER I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 2:40 am

Grome wrote:
Mmmh, okay, take a look at this though:

Defensive Tactics (rank 1) - Requires Level 28 - 780 Credits
Instant
Cooldown: 30 sec.
Increases maximum health of all nearby party members while active. Only one tactic may be active at once.

The trooper will have buffs too, although party buffs, so you might still be right about the JK having a very own HP buff or such that massively boosts HP only for him to balance the (supposed) armor advantage.

Yeah, I kind of hope that each class has a buff of some sort, just to add one more benefit of working cooperatively with multiple classes.
Back to top Go down
DaStar

DaStar

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Da'Star Trebor-Zar
Class: Sith Warrior

TROOPER CORNER Empty
PostSubject: Re: TROOPER CORNER   TROOPER CORNER I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 2:38 am

Ok, looking at the Trooper tank I would be interested in playing it as my ALT on the Republic side. The "tactic Buffs" seems to me to maybe work like the Auras that the KoTBS and Chosen from Warhammer Online used. SO they were able to suvive and have group buffs for the melee/close range. I wonder if you would be able to "Twist" the tactics like we were able to do in Warhammer. That would give the Trooper group buffs and maybe stand a better chance than the Jerdi knight since the Trooper is helping all members. Just a thought. Troopers would work best with a group. So if I decided to go on the republic side and Smuggler wasn't fun I would do the Trooper-Vanguard. Hey I am Da'Tank! I know my role. But I know I would go Sith before rebels.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TROOPER CORNER Empty
PostSubject: Re: TROOPER CORNER   TROOPER CORNER I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TROOPER CORNER
Page 1 of 1