The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The New Generation of Gaming

Go down 
+10
Horeon
Variable
Schwendo
Ty-Odi
azarhal
Grome
HDubNZ
Redriot
Darka
Philtony
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Philtony

Philtony

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Darth Farkas
Class: Sith Warrior
Guild:

The New Generation of Gaming Empty
PostSubject: The New Generation of Gaming   The New Generation of Gaming I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 5:32 am

Hello everyone; I just noticed Ty's thread on the TOR website a couple days ago, so I'm new to this forum. Let's be honest--we were all waiting for this to happen. I have to admit that I'm jealous Ty thought of it first. Imagine: the death of mindless insults (many of which don't make sense anyway) as well as lethal elitism--which can kill any MMO game for a new player regardless of how much they love the content. As a World of Warcraft veteran I've been victim to the backlash of plenty of bad blood in end-game raids as well as PvP. I never thought that it was possible to be even more excited for TOR than I was. Never say never eh?

Needless to say, I'm very excited to be a part of this community, and am very much looking forward to making it even better in whatever way that I can. I am also looking forward to meeting all of you and bouncing around ideas about the game. Here's to all the people who play to have fun, and support their fellow gamer: *CHEERS*. Very Happy

Phil
Back to top Go down
Darka

Darka

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Modos
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Force Academy

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation of Gaming   The New Generation of Gaming I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 5:39 am

Its been a common thought for many over the years but we felt its time to do something about it.
Its been too long and people have looked at everyone else and wondered why they werent doing anything about it, and decided its time for action, time to step up, time to make a difference.

Welcome and join in Smile
Back to top Go down
Redriot

Redriot

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Draven
Guild: Reign

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation of Gaming   The New Generation of Gaming I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 5:54 am

Philtony wrote:
Hello everyone; I just noticed Ty's thread on the TOR website a couple days ago, so I'm new to this forum. Let's be honest--we were all waiting for this to happen. I have to admit that I'm jealous Ty thought of it first. Imagine: the death of mindless insults (many of which don't make sense anyway) as well as lethal elitism--which can kill any MMO game for a new player regardless of how much they love the content. As a World of Warcraft veteran I've been victim to the backlash of plenty of bad blood in end-game raids as well as PvP. I never thought that it was possible to be even more excited for TOR than I was. Never say never eh?

Needless to say, I'm very excited to be a part of this community, and am very much looking forward to making it even better in whatever way that I can. I am also looking forward to meeting all of you and bouncing around ideas about the game. Here's to all the people who play to have fun, and support their fellow gamer: *CHEERS*. Very Happy

Phil
Welcome mate and cheers .. Cool
Back to top Go down
HDubNZ

HDubNZ

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kaya Jun
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation of Gaming   The New Generation of Gaming I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 9:42 am

Weclome aboard mate
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Smuggler
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation of Gaming   The New Generation of Gaming I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 10:21 am

Welcome Philtony!

I'm happy you found your way here, you will certainly fit right in. Spread your oignons opinions!
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation of Gaming   The New Generation of Gaming I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 12:39 pm

Welcome Philtony.
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Ty-Odi
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: To Be Confirmed.....

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation of Gaming   The New Generation of Gaming I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 2:06 pm

Welcolme to the Boards, mate, glad you finally made your way over here!! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation of Gaming   The New Generation of Gaming I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 6:48 pm

I hear ya Phil on the "bad people" in MMO's these days,

Well, in here you have a ton of great people, who actually discuss situations. Get this, they actually listen to other opinions...I know, its shocking!

Hehe, seriously, welcome to RiG! There's some great topics out there. Hope you enjoy it!
Back to top Go down
Variable
That Handsome Devil
Variable

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Soloman Bokur
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Reign

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation of Gaming   The New Generation of Gaming I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 9:55 pm

Welcome to the community, Philtony Smile
Back to top Go down
Philtony

Philtony

Ingame Characters
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation of Gaming   The New Generation of Gaming I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 10:18 pm

Schwendo wrote:

Well, in here you have a ton of great people, who actually discuss situations. Get this, they actually listen to other opinions...I know, its shocking!

Hehe, seriously, welcome to RiG! There's some great topics out there. Hope you enjoy it!

Thanks all for the welcoming party! I hear you Schwen, it's obviously much more constructive to brainstorm positively than it is to shoot insults at one another as is usually the case. It's good to know that criticisms here will be constructive. Now if only spring were here..
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation of Gaming   The New Generation of Gaming I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 10:28 pm

I'm right there with ya. Spring seems to be taking like 3 years or something!?!? haha!

I just get tired of some of the knuckleheads on the main SWTOR site. I try and bite my tongue, but, its hard sometimes. There will always be that 5% of the world, that will never "fit in" with the rest.

I actually feel sorry for those poor lost souls. It has to be lonely...
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation of Gaming   The New Generation of Gaming I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 11:25 pm

Spring is just a rumor. (and I mean the season itself jocolor)
Back to top Go down
Philtony

Philtony

Ingame Characters
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation of Gaming   The New Generation of Gaming I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 5:51 am

Grome wrote:

Don't be a debbie-downer! Wink How much you wanna bet they're done with the game completely? It may be down to EA since they're publishing and they just wanted to wait for the end of their current fiscal year which is in March. Helloooo April.
Back to top Go down
Horeon
(Re)Public Enemy
Horeon

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation of Gaming   The New Generation of Gaming I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 6:56 am

*waves*

These are the boards you're looking for.

Welcome! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Coldhart

Coldhart

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation of Gaming   The New Generation of Gaming I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 7:26 am

Welcome aboard fellow WoW vet! I hear ya on the craziness that game spews forth. I decent game in it's on right but the community is shot to sh!# <----(woot! I finaly got that Selven Prfanity Filter (tm) working right).

Now if I could just learn to spell right for most of my posts...
Back to top Go down
http://www.craziesoftor.guildportal.com
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Selven
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation of Gaming   The New Generation of Gaming I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 7:32 am

Coldhart wrote:
Welcome aboard fellow WoW vet! I hear ya on the craziness that game spews forth. I decent game in it's on right but the community is shot to sh!# <----(woot! I finaly got that Selven Prfanity Filter (tm) working right).

Now if I could just learn to spell right for most of my posts...

It's amazing how well that profanity filter works! rabbit

Oh, and welcome Philtony!
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation of Gaming   The New Generation of Gaming I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 11:11 am

Philtony wrote:
Grome wrote:

Don't be a debbie-downer! Wink How much you wanna bet they're done with the game completely? It may be down to EA since they're publishing and they just wanted to wait for the end of their current fiscal year which is in March. Helloooo April.
I was afraid this might be misunderstood. Now it's just a fail. :-(

When I said "Spring is a rumor" I was not referring to the game whatsoever. I was talking about spring being a rumor as in "we will never get to spring, as it does not exist".

Hope I made myself clear jocolor
Back to top Go down
Lugaidh
Incurable smartass
Lugaidh

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation of Gaming   The New Generation of Gaming I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 9:37 pm

COOKIES!! EVERYBODY LOVES COOKIES!!

*hands Philtony a green cookie*

Welcome to the club Phil!

Keep your head on a swivel. There's jokes flying all over in here!
Back to top Go down
Philtony

Philtony

Ingame Characters
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation of Gaming   The New Generation of Gaming I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 8:23 pm

Lugaidh wrote:
COOKIES!! EVERYBODY LOVES COOKIES!!

*hands Philtony a green cookie*

Welcome to the club Phil!

Keep your head on a swivel. There's jokes flying all over in here!

*Stuffs green cookie in mouth* mm fanks. Awl keeb daht in mind.
Back to top Go down
Fett_Fan27

Fett_Fan27

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Wilburt
Class: Bounty Hunter
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation of Gaming   The New Generation of Gaming I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 8:42 pm

Philtony wrote:
Schwendo wrote:

Thanks all for the welcoming party! I hear you Schwen, it's obviously much more constructive to brainstorm positively than it is to shoot insults at one another as is usually the case. It's good to know that criticisms here will be constructive. Now if only spring were here..
OMG PHIL I LOVE U MAN, you got me thinking, i was all like "sigh" 2011 spring is a year away then i thought, wait a minute. spring of 2011 is a few months.... OMG STAR WARS IS CLOSER THEN I THOUGHT

and now im so pumped i cant finish the homework that im ignoring to post on RIG
thank you very much and welcome to RIG phil Very Happy X10
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation of Gaming   The New Generation of Gaming I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 5:54 am

ROFLMAO COLD!! Now YOU got the darned (<--Selvan profanity filter activated) Selvan filter thingy too!! /pointat Tee-Hee!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation of Gaming   The New Generation of Gaming I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The New Generation of Gaming
Page 1 of 1